“So happy with our choice!”

Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor
Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Long Island, New York
“So happy with our choice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Chris & Sebrena made us feel like family - so impressed with everything, what a great value!!! Excellent way to spend a birthday weekend! :) the rooms are so nice , great location and stellar service!

• Stayed February 2014
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Happy Belated Birthday! Thank you for choosing our hotel for your birthday trip to Baltimore and taking time to write such a fantastic review. It is the goal of our hotel to make all of our guests feel like they are part of our family, and the front desk staff works really hard to do so. I will pass on your kind words to Chris and Sabrena, I’m sure they will appreciate the recognition. We hope that you will return to stay with us on any future trips to Baltimore. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if you need anything at all.

lucy@sleepinnbaltimore.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
west virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

We've stayed here before, and our stay was excellent then, and excellent now. The staff is very friendly, and well trained. Our personal experiences with Lucy, the manager, and Kim in the breakfast room were just the best! If you have a Choice credit card, you become a gold member, and we received a very nice upgraded, large, king room for our stay. It was immaculate. The price was a very good value, and the hotel was convenient to Johns Hopkins (we had a surgery stay involved).

Room Tip: Get a Choice Hotels credit card, and with your gold membership you receive their best available room...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for making us your hotel of choice when you are visiting Johns Hopkins Hospital, and for taking the time to write such a positive review. We truly appreciate your loyalty and praise. I’m sure that traveling for health reasons can very stressful and emotionally draining, and it is our job to provide the most effortless, comfortable stay possible. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Baltimore, hopefully it will be for pleasure, not medical. If there is anything I can do to make your stay even better, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Kannapolis, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Very Very good customer service friendly staff very clean hotel room size was amazing with a damn good breakfast. The cad service they use came in a timely mater if it was your time to check out an you had bags they will hold your things until your ready to leave. They also have this juice at the front desk that's wonderful. I will return to this hotel every time I visit baltimore.

• Stayed January 2014
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Baltimore, and for giving us such a positive review. I am very happy to hear that you had such an excellent experience at our hotel. We work really hard to make sure all of our guests are completely satisfied from the time they arrive in our lobby until the time they depart. Thank you for noticing the little extras we provide, such as the juice at the front desk, luggage storage and access to a car service. We always try to go the extra mile to please our guests. We look forward to all of your return visits to Baltimore and our hotel. If there is anything at all I can do to make your next stay even better, please let me know.

Mt Holly Springs, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel on 1/21/14 because of a snow storm. We were at John Hopkins all day and arrived around 5:00 pm. We could smell smoke in the hallways - we did have a non-smoking room and it did not smell too bad. The room was average - it was clean - although they had really strange pillows - I guess the European style - square - kind of awkward. My one complaint is that the hotel is really, really noisy. We could hear the people beside us (at 4:00 am) speaking and honestly it sounded like they were in our room - we could hear every word - also people walking in the hall were very loud. Also, anytime anyone flushes a toilet or runs water - there is a lot of noise. I would not come here for a vacation or weekend get-away - it's not that comfortable, but for one night for business or in a jam, it's OK. The was breakfast OK - coffee, muffins, etc. For the Johns Hopkins rate - it was acceptable, but I would not pay full price to stay here. Maybe a suite would have made the stay better.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your experience and would like to extend my sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you had. Please let me assure you that our entire hotel is 100% non-smoking. Any guests that are found smoking are penalized, and we prioritize treating rooms where smoke has been detected. We take all guests comments very seriously and continuously try to improve our guests stays. We want all of our guests to have a relaxing and enjoyable experience. I hope that you will give our hotel a second chance on any return vists to Baltimore. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact me personally.

Carlisle,Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

I have another review of this property and since it was such a good experience my wife and I decided to come back. I am so glad we did. The personnel are still the stars of the show. The front desk man (Chris) was personable,efficient,and extremely helpful.
Since watching Hotel Impossible I also did a mini Anthony Melchiorri and found the room extremely clean and comfortable

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for deciding to return to our hotel on your recent trip to Baltimore. We value your business and are grateful to you for choosing us as your home away from home. We take pride in our customer service and work hard to make sure we are able to accommodate and satisfy all our guests needs. I have applauded Chris for his dedication to the front desk and am glad you were impressed by him. Our housekeeping staff does a great job at making sure all of our rooms are pristine and relaxing, and I am happy that you were able to recognize their work. I appreciate that you took time to write such a positive review on Trip Advisor. I hope to see you again on any future trips to Baltimore. If there is anything I can do to make your stay even better, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

We arrived on Tuesday Jan. 7th. We loved the location and 99% of the staff. Rooms very clean. You could smell freshness in the air. The bed and pillows I still dream about today. How very nice & cozy they are. We even extended our stay one day. Friday into Sat. Same price as we had locked in @ only $79.00 a night. Cheepest daily parking rate in all of the city just $15.00 a day. Wed breakfast was pleasant, the Lady running the kitchen was kind, helpful & very polite. Thurs. Morning however made me leave a msg for mngmnt upon our departure Sat.

Sat. I saw the very nice Lady was back. Said she was so sorry and that other Lady only works two days a week. Gave me the name of the person to leave my complaint with @ the front desk. Again very apologetic for someone elses rudness and was helpful & kindhearted. A real hospitality professional.

Unlike the (forgive the expression for lack of better words 'Breakfast Nazi' ) With the likability factor of the 'Soup Nazi' from a Seinfeld episode.

This Lady Thursday, was dismissive, rude and startled me enough to cause my anxiety to spike. I was treated like an innconvieance because I arrived 5-min before the 930am cut off time. For just a bagel, crm cheese & coffee. I had my book was going to sit in a window seat; felt so uncomfortable (chair being put up in front of me on a table) It was like she was telling me to leave. So I did. Back to my room to eat my food & try not to disturb my partner who wanted to "Sleep-In".

Hours later @11am we leave to notice, that was the only chair put up on a table. Solidified my point to my new fiance`. The next morning, we went down together because I felt so intimidated by her, I wouldn't go down alone. Had anxiety about it.

I certainly hope this lady has found a new job, by the time I return to Baltimore again, because (hospitality) she is not. We simply Loved the hotel & all the other staff like I said 99% A+ rating. One bad apple, that's unfortunate gets 4 out of 5.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank You for choosing to stay at our hotel during your recent trip to Baltimore, and for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize that your breakfast experience was anything less than enjoyable. It is the goal of our hotel staff to make sure all of our guests have nothing but a perfect, relaxing experience and anything less than that is completely unacceptable. I have addressed this issue with the specific breakfast attendant and you can be sure that this problem will not happen again. Even with this unfortunate issue, I am glad that you were able to have such positive thoughts of the rest of the hotel and your stay. I really appreciate you highlighting what you did enjoy because our guests reviews and comments are taken very seriously. We are here to make you happy! We look forward to seeing you on any future visits to Baltimore. If there is anything I can do for you, or if you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

My wife and recently stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor so we could take advantage of their park and cruise package. Beware that any nights you stay at the hotel that you are not cruising are subject to a $15 per night parking fee that is not obviously disclosed until after you've booked. However, the price to stay in the hotel for one night, park my car for the week I was cruising, and get transportation to the Port beat any other price I could find. The hotel provided a great place to stay and resolved our only complaint, a hotel party occurring in the room next to us, within minutes of us calling the front desk.

2 Thank Matt H
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn & Suites as your Park and Cruise hotel, and for taking the time to review your experience on Trip Advisor. I would like to apologize that you were not aware of the additional parking charge prior to your arrival. I have spoken with our front desk staff and to ensure that they understand the importance of disclosing all charges that may possibly affect our guests stay's. We appreciate the positive feedback regarding our rates and the promptness of the front desk in solving the noise issue. We hope that you enjoyed your cruise and look forward to seeing you on any return visits to Baltimore.