We were in Baltimore for a couple of days and wanted to be within walking distance from the Inner Harbor area. We were looking for a room rate of about $100 per night and found that this Sleep Inn came in about that price.
The hotel is located on a main road that runs along the edge of the Inner Harbor area. We had a room at the front and heard no traffic noise. The area is OK, not pretty, but if you have street smarts you should have no problems. The Circulator bus runs right outside and we also appreciated being only a block from the Shot Tower Metro, which we used to get to the airport.
What we liked most about Sleep Inn was the excellent condition of our room. The fittings, especially in the bathroom, and mattress and bedding were top-quality. We had a very spacious desk, which would be great for business travellers. In addition, the hotel was very clean throughout.
The breakfast was also good, and included eggs, sausage patties and yoghurt. Debbie does a great job keeping that area stocked up and clean.
I have only two suggestions – the front desk knew little about public transport in the city and should study this a little more and have bus/train maps to hand. Secondly, a number of the doors were heavy work opening and it appears the automatic closing arms need adjusting.
Overall, Sleep Inn is a very well-run, clean hotel offering good rates in an OK area within walking distance of the Inner Harbour area. It is no coincidence that it stands high in the TA rankings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just blocks from the Downtown Inner Harbor and Harbor East, Sleep Inn Baltimore Downtown Inner Harbor offers all of the advantages business travelers and leisure guests are looking for, in a quiet and convenient setting. Walking distance to most of the area's attractions, experience the value of the Sleep Inn brand; within a warm, historic setting. As a beautiful retrofit to a 20th century warehouse, the hotel includes exposed brick and waterfalls that adorn both sides of the main entrance and provide a dramatic introduction to a lobby with 25' ceilings. Quality at an affordable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Choice Hotels, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore
- Sleep Inn And Suites Downtown Inner Harbor