“What not to like!”

Ranked #16 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Melbourne, Florida
“What not to like!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Highly recommend. Has the feel of a small boutique hotel. Attractive + tastefully decorated. Very comfortable beds and large walk-in shower. Our stay was centered around tests at Johns Hopkins but staying here turned our trip into a mini-vacation. Central location to Convention Center, Inner Harbor, Little Italy + more. Try La Scala for delicious Italian + within walking distance of hotel or restaurant will pick up + return you back gratis. Shuttle also provided to JHMI. Courtney at the front desk could not have been more helpful or gracious. Superior representative of the hotel. Will definitely stay here on our next trip to Baltimore

1 Thank Jackie P
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback about your recent stay with us! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.

lucy@sleepinnbaltimore.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Millsboro, Delaware
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel accommodates patients, family members and friends of patients at Johns Hopkins, which was the reason for our visit. The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating when I needed help with the computer to print tickets for the O's game. The lady responsible for breakfast was understanding when my husband, his family and I needed to grab a quick bite just before they opened for breakfast. She offered us fruit, muffins, bagels - something that we could carry with us to the hospital. The shuttle drivers were great also, especially the day driver! He taught us a lot about Baltimore, the people, the culture, etc. during our rides. He bent over backwards to ensure we were picked up on time and even dropped us off about a block from the O's game. He gave us the name of the gentleman responsible for the shuttle service so that we would have a ride back to the hotel after the game. We had no issues - both gentlemen were very friendly and eager to provide top-notch service.

Our room was very clean. The only draw back for me though was the shower. Even though it was a stand-up and was tucked around a corner in the bathroom, I prefer to have a door or curtain when I shower to keep in the heat. I understand the "green" concept but maybe a door could be installed??? After reading other reviews, it appears that not all rooms are missing shower curtains so maybe our shower should have had one and just didn't have it hung yet. I'm not sure. At any rate, that would be my only suggestion for improvement.

1 Thank SRedden_13
Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. We understand that when our guests stay with us for hospital reasons it can be a very stressful time. Our goal here at the Sleep Inn & Suites is to make your stay with us as easy and comfortable as possible, and I am happy to read that we were able to do this during your stay. Thank you again, and I hope to welcome you back for leisure reasons in the near future!

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

It's a converted warehouse or factory so the rooms are very large and great for a large party. Breakfast was good, service very solid, and the parking cheap and convenient for a downtown area. The only reason I would not give it a higher ranking is the wireless was not working, which is a huge pet peeve of mine. I should not have to call and get it fixed at 10:30 at night.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Adventure_Addict_NC
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad your enjoyed our complimentary free hot breakfast buffet, and found our hotel to be in a convenient location to the downtown area. I apologize that you experienced difficulties connecting to our Wi-Fi, and I have taken the time to look into this, and fix any problems we may have been experiencing. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Baltimore, Ireland
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Great service made our trip enjoyable! I was here to visit Johns Hopkins and Debi, Preston, and Courtney at the desk made our stay easy, and fun. Highly recommended especially for the ease to get to John Hopkins . Thanks to a great crew!

1 Thank Cynthia H
York, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised and very clean. The hotel is walking distance to most attractions and various restaurants are around that are good. The service is very good. This is a great deal for a place at inner harbor. The parking is $15/day. Breakfast is included in the stay. I would stay here again

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Kickindajunk02
Milford, Delaware
Reviewed 10 June 2014

It is about 14 blocks to the Inner Harbor. The Shuttle Driver is AWESOME. The charge for parking is a bit much in my opinion. The front desk staff and breakfast lady were very nice and helpful. Would stay there again.

1 Thank callwendy4oils
Williamsburg, VA, USA
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Traveling for medical reasons is, by nature, not a fun trip and It always brings trepidations to be on the road under those circumstances. Nonetheless, my wife I needed to travel to Baltimore this month for medical reasons (Johns Hopkins Medical Center) and we chose the Sleep Inn on Fallsway based on customer reviews, close proximity to the medical facility and price. On none of this accounts were we let down; in fact, the hotel is geared to this type of clientele (free shuttle service to Johns Hopkins) as well as business and tourist guests; in the latter instance, they are but a short walk to all of the restaurants and bakeries in Little Italy. BTW, while there, the management held a promotional happy hour one evening, with food and drink provided by several specialty restaurants. It was outstanding!

The welcoming lobby, the hotel's entire first-rate infrastructure, the daily breakfast, and aboveit all, the quality of each and every one of the can-do staff, all lent themselves to providing a stay well beyond our expectations. This is the place we will be returning to each time (for example, next month, boo hoo!) something medical is in store for one of us at Johns Hopkins. But, getting back to my title, that is why the nurse gives you a lollipop after the shot, right?

Room Tip: Because we were planning our second trip during this first one, I asked to see other rooms on two di...