“It was nice, but expected more.”

Kona Grill - Baltimore
Reserve with OpenTable
Kona Grill - Baltimore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 2,039 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Charles St & Pratt St
Description: Kona Grill was built on Exceptional Experiences and meals that create memories. Our global menu features contemporary American favorites, award-winning sushi, and specialty cocktails — all made from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. While the places that inspire our cuisine may be far away, a welcoming place that offers inspiring food, ultimate hospitality, and diverse choices is right around the corner.
DMV
“It was nice, but expected more.”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

First timer here at Kona Grill, for starters the Ambience was really nice, dim lighting, the fish tanks are really awesome, it was real subtle and romantic. The food was good, that wasn't my issue, but their menu was not plentiful, which was a downer for me. The service was good, it's moderatly priced. Good place to try out, even if it's just once. I just expecetd more on the food side, everything else was great.

• Visited February 2014

• Korean first
“Cozy yet Contemporary ”
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Kona Grill is a neat location. You're greeted by two large fish tanks right as you walk in. They have an outdoor covered patio section near the bar where a charming fireplace keeps you nice and toasty. As for the food, it's definitely Asian/Pacific themed. Half the menu is filled with sushi offerings. The other dishes mainly have a pacific flare. Options are tempting and food was good. Oriental chicken salad was great for a salad. Would definitely return.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Glad We Finally Had a Chance to Dine Here!”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We don't visit the city too often, but I always wanted to try the Kona Grill. We finally had the opportunity yesterday (Saturday) and it was GREAT. My son loved the fish tanks at the entrance and the atmosphere was warm and cozy inside.

My husband and I were torn between the chicken and the salmon dishes, but we both opted for the macadamia crusted chicken and were not disappointed. My son ordered from the kid's menu and I was VERY impressed with the options and presentation. The sides were more healthy options for kids than I've seen in a long time. We were all mesmerized by the orange that was decorating his plate in the shape of a bear holding orange segments -- it was really neat! I know that the presentation made a difference in my son devouring everything because he is usually a picky "light" eater but here, he ate everything (including his salad) and orange!

We made sure to save room for desert and we all shared two orders of the warm butter cake with ice cream -- it was wonderful!! We did notice that "chunks" of red velvet cake and carrot cake were being ordered by other tables. One serving was the size of a quarter of a full cake.

We will be back to try some of the items that we didn't have a chance to try!

• Visited February 2014
Bangor, Maine
“good food, good service”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My family ate here on a recent visit to Baltimore. My kids (ages 5 and 7) were entranced with the huge fish tanks in the entrance. The host was very nice, pointed out some fish to them, and spoke to them very welcomingly. The sushi was excellent, we got a bunch of different kinds and all of it was all good. I love sushi and am pretty picky, you could really taste how fresh the fish was. The service was excellent, as was the atmosphere. Overall a great experience.

Visited January 2014
“Excellent Happy Hour, Reasonably Priced, Decent Food”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Kona Grill is an Asian-American inspired restaurant in Inner Harbor located on Pratt Street near the convention center. The Happy Hour (up until 7 pm) specials here are great (typically at least 50% off the normal menu price) and include sushi, some drinks, a rotating draft beer, draft sake, and menu items like BBQ chicken pizza, satay chicken, spicy lettuce wraps, and calamari (these are some of my favorites). Note that happy hour only applies to the patio outside; the patio is quite nice with a relaxing atmosphere. Fireplaces with couches around them provide a good setting for a drink, while wooden tables have enough space for 2-8 people. There is also happy hour again in the evening around 9 pm, so Kona Grill serves as a good place for an after baseball/football drink or snack. As an aside, the meals are quite caloric (found this out after looking at nutritional facts on the website out of curiosity). As long as you are not searching for a healthy meal, Kona Grill is a good place for a happy hour lunch or dinner.

• Visited January 2014