“Try The Asian Noodles”

Kona Grill - Baltimore
Reserve with OpenTable
Kona Grill - Baltimore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 2,079 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Charles St & Pratt St
Description: Kona Grill was built on Exceptional Experiences and meals that create memories. Our global menu features contemporary American favorites, award-winning sushi, and specialty cocktails — all made from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. While the places that inspire our cuisine may be far away, a welcoming place that offers inspiring food, ultimate hospitality, and diverse choices is right around the corner.
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We had a reservation and still had to wait for a table, kind of negated the point of making a reservation but whatever, we waited at the bar.

I ordered the berger cookie beer which they had on tap and had been wanting to try, personally I am not a fan of this beer.

When we were finally seated, we ordered the Spinach and artichoke dip. it was hunks of spinach and hunks of cheese sitting in a cheese type liquid, this was not good.
Then the angry edamame was amazing if you love spicy foods.

For our entrees my friend ordered the macadamia nut chicken - house mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables, shoyu cream, pineapple-papaya marmalade, she LOVED it.
pan-asian noodles - udon noodles, chicken, vegetables, black bean garlic sauce. This was amazing and totally satisfied my noodle craving.
pulled pork sliders - braised kalua pork, bbq sauce, asian slaw, chipotle mayo, brioche, sweet potato fries.

For dessert we had the spiced apple bread pudding which was nice.

The service was also a little bit weird. But I would come back.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

First timer here at Kona Grill, for starters the Ambience was really nice, dim lighting, the fish tanks are really awesome, it was real subtle and romantic. The food was good, that wasn't my issue, but their menu was not plentiful, which was a downer for me. The service was good, it's moderatly priced. Good place to try out, even if it's just once. I just expecetd more on the food side, everything else was great.

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Kona Grill is a neat location. You're greeted by two large fish tanks right as you walk in. They have an outdoor covered patio section near the bar where a charming fireplace keeps you nice and toasty. As for the food, it's definitely Asian/Pacific themed. Half the menu is filled with sushi offerings. The other dishes mainly have a pacific flare. Options are tempting and food was good. Oriental chicken salad was great for a salad. Would definitely return.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We don't visit the city too often, but I always wanted to try the Kona Grill. We finally had the opportunity yesterday (Saturday) and it was GREAT. My son loved the fish tanks at the entrance and the atmosphere was warm and cozy inside.

My husband and I were torn between the chicken and the salmon dishes, but we both opted for the macadamia crusted chicken and were not disappointed. My son ordered from the kid's menu and I was VERY impressed with the options and presentation. The sides were more healthy options for kids than I've seen in a long time. We were all mesmerized by the orange that was decorating his plate in the shape of a bear holding orange segments -- it was really neat! I know that the presentation made a difference in my son devouring everything because he is usually a picky "light" eater but here, he ate everything (including his salad) and orange!

We made sure to save room for desert and we all shared two orders of the warm butter cake with ice cream -- it was wonderful!! We did notice that "chunks" of red velvet cake and carrot cake were being ordered by other tables. One serving was the size of a quarter of a full cake.

We will be back to try some of the items that we didn't have a chance to try!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

My family ate here on a recent visit to Baltimore. My kids (ages 5 and 7) were entranced with the huge fish tanks in the entrance. The host was very nice, pointed out some fish to them, and spoke to them very welcomingly. The sushi was excellent, we got a bunch of different kinds and all of it was all good. I love sushi and am pretty picky, you could really taste how fresh the fish was. The service was excellent, as was the atmosphere. Overall a great experience.