“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #171 of 1,999 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Washington, DC
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

The food was great. I had the burger (excellent), brussel sprouts were a big hit (how often have you heard that?). Desserts were excellent as well.

Eric, our server, could not have done better. Attentive, timely, knew the food.

Relatively quiet and intimate atmosphere.

• Visited December 2013

Tucson, Arizona
“Excellent ambiance, meal, service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

We echo the rave reviews of this restaurant! Prior to an event, which included 13 relatives of all ages, the staff worked with us on the selections for a prix fixe menu. There was something absolutely delicious for everyone. The presentation of the food, the service throughout the dinner and the attention to detail all proved outstanding. The arrangements for the event were done from the US west coast with ease by phone and email. Furthermore, upon arrival and for a mere $5, valet parking made for hassle free parking.
My husband and I have traveled extensively in the USA and abroad. Our memory of the meal at Bluegrass Tavern ranks as one of the most sublime dinner experiences ever. Kudos to the chefs, manager(s) and staff for their cooperative effort in creating a restaurant experience worthy of the highest ratings.

• Visited August 2013
baltimore
“The food is always a treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

My favorite restaurant in Federal Hill and better than most in Baltimore! The first time was really an unexpected treat. Every time I return it is consistently good.

• Visited June 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Woodberry Kitchen lite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Interesting menu with dishes including veal brain, rabbit, lamb testicles, etc. However there are some traditional meals as well like a really great cowboy steak, salmon, or the recently voted Baltimore's Best burger. The burger was pretty good but the fries were even better. The best part about the meal was the roasted corn chowder. I honestly don't think I've ever had a better chowder and would return just for this. I wasn't obsessed with our food (we ordered a lot) but I'm kind of timid when it comes to trying different foods like the ones I mentioned above. The service was really good though and the chef (Timothy Dyson) came out to the tables to greet us and talk about the meals. He was fantastic.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
North Potomac
“Bluegrass Tavern is a wonderful venue to host an event.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Bluegrass Tavern is a wonderful venue to host an event. I don’t live in the Baltimore area, but was fortunate to find Bluegrass online when I needed to host the rehearsal meal prior to my son’s wedding. From my first conversation with Alec, the restaurant’s manager, I had a good feeling based on his accommodating manner and that carried through the whole planning process to the actual event. The chef, Tim Dyson, listened to my desire to satisfy my guests’ tastes, and came up with a lovely and varied menu that included an appetizer reception, 2 courses from which my guests chose their favorites, plus a dessert platter. We had the upper room of this charming neighborhood restaurant that has a full bar and proved to be an intimate and elegant space. The food was delicious, but I must say, the service was just as good. The staff was friendly and attentive and went out of their way to ensure that the day set the tone for all the festivities that would follow. The price was quite reasonable and I will certainly dine there on my return to Baltimore.

• Visited June 2013