“BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #42 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Merida, Mexico
“BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 21 November 2011

The place is great, the service and attention wonderful, rooms are spectacular, location and view are excellent, the concept cannot be better planed, and food…..Wooooooooooww the Food!!!!.
If you go to Baltimore you can’t miss it, Its Defiantly a Most.

Room Tip: We Just saw one room, spectacular and all seems the same
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Dimitris S, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for coming across The Inn at The Black Olive, Baltimore Maryland and spending your stay in historical Fells Point with us. Also we want to extend our deepest gratitude to you for taking the time out of your day to post a review of your recent stay. It is imperative to have candid reviews like yours representing us.

Furthermore I am thrilled to read that you would recommend our hotel, and I do hope we will have the occasion to welcome you again.

If you need anything in the future please don’t hesitate to contact me at Ryan@theblackolive.com

Director of Customer Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 15 November 2011

This place is really great. The service is wonderful, the food is delicious and the rooms are just fantastic. The staff are all great- I didn't have a single bad interaction with any of the staff members there and they all made me feel very welcomed and very good. Overall, I would definitely recommend this place to anyone coming to visit Baltimore or even if anyone just wants a nice little night away!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank daffy k

Merida, Mexico
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We knew so little about baltimore and that did not change that much because we spent many hours in our great suit! when we first tasted the restaurant BLACK OLIVE we loved it but when we tasted the hotel, we fell in love with it! we absolutely loved the experience! I highly recommend it...it was such a delightful all of it: the marketplace downstairs, the restaurant around, the restaurant upstairs...but most of the suite! you really made my trip! thank you INN at the black olive!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Dimitris S, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this review, 19 November 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for coming across The Inn at The Black Olive, Baltimore Maryland and spending your stay in historical Fells Point with us. Also we want to extend our deepest gratitude to you for taking the time out of your day to post a review of your recent stay. It is imperative to have candid reviews like yours representing us, and thank you for your comments on the suite itself we do work very hard to make sure every detail inside the room is perfect.

Furthermore I am thrilled to read that you would recommend our hotel & roof top restaurant, and I do hope we will have the occasion to welcome you again.

New York City
Reviewed 13 November 2011

My experience at the Inn at The Black Olive was amazing. The service was phenomenal, the organic food was fantastic (organic food is impossible to find at most hotels), the eco-friendly amenities were spectacular and the room was HUGE. Yet, what impressed me the most was the personal attention from the staff. They all treated me like family, no request was too big and my satisfaction was their primary concern. I would never stay at any other hotel in Baltimore. The Inn at The Black Olive is a special place. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 November 2011

My husband surprised me with a stay at this new boutique hotel for our fifth anniversary. We stayed 2 nights in the VIP suite (a complimentary upgrade since our designated room was not available). Front desk staff was friendly and accomodating, even though we arrived quite late in the night. Complimentary bottle of wine in the suite, excellent coffee, continental breakfast served to the room daily. The bed was incredibly soft and the bathroom (including spacious whirlpool tub) sparkling clean. Within easy walking distance of Fell's Point and Little Italy. Inexpensive parking garage available. We would stay again!

Dear Valued Guest,

Furthermore I am thrilled to read that you would recommend our hotel. I do hope we will have the occasion to welcome you again.

Washington, DC
Reviewed 30 October 2011

My husband and I found the Inn at the Black Olive when looking for our first weekend getaway in three years (we have 2 boys under 2!). It was everything we needed and more!

I cannot speak highly enough about every aspect of our stay at the Inn. Ryan at the front desk called us on our way asking which wine we would like in our room upon our arrival. Nighttime bath salts awaited us in the Sanijet tum. We had the California Spa Suite which had a wall of windows overlooking the bay, and at nearly 1000 square feet, felt like we were at a villa!

Every detail of the room was well thought out to reflect the environmentally friendly mission of the Inn. While some may feel the furnishings and floor "sparce", we genuinely appreciated the attention to detail to ensure that this is a sustainable building. The only thing,we would recommend is that recycling bins/cans are added to each room to encourage the guests to make sure we keep up with purpose of the building.

The bed was HEAVENLY and the blankets were heavy and cozy. Room service breakfast was delicious each morning with a hard-working attendant who was extremely friendly. In fact, EVERY person was incredibly helpful, friendly and attentive.

Although this stay was not an inexpensive one, it was a worthy indulgence and one we would recommend to anyone looking for a boutique, eco-friendly experience.

THANK YOU!
-Vanessa and Ron

Room Tip: The California Spa Suites have full wall of windows!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Dimitris S, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this review, 3 November 2011
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Ford,

Furthermore I am thrilled to read that you would recommend our hotel, and I do hope we will have the occasion to welcome you and your husband again.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Located in the heart of Fells Point it's such a perfect location for walking around and taking in the sights and sounds of the Baltimore Harbor area, leisurely walking the brick-lined streets with old historic homes, and the simple joy of people-watching during the evening busy hours.

The suite is very large (and still very new just opening a few months ago) and I know from talking to the inn keeper they are working to add more furnishings to give it a more cozy feel but anyone who appreciates true quality in furniture can see the pieces were chosen with much care in craftsmanship as well as sustainability. Everything from the hydrotherapy jet tub and the vegetable-based paints to the bamboo furniture and organic mattress and bedding. I didn't toss or turn and slept like a log until 8:30 in the morning which I never EVER do at hotels. It was pure heaven to sleep so well and feel so rested at a hotel. The tub, the bed and the food is enough reason to stay here! Oh yes the food...

We ate at the Olive Room which was so incredibly delicious. The bread was addictive (thank goodness they sell that in their market). The grilled scallops & artichoke served with a delicate green salad was unbelievable and I can't wait to attempt to make it myself. For the main course I ordered the Platter of Four which was a generous sampling of Pork, Lamb, Chicken and Filet Mignon with slices of seasoned pita bread. Service was outstanding and the rooftop balcony offers a terrific view of the harbor.

I will definitely come back when visiting Baltimore and highly recommend this hotel. It's always wonderful to feel so pampered.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Dimitris S, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this review, 6 November 2011