“Heaven!”

Ranked #43 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania
“Heaven!”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Thanks to Hotel.com our reservation at a different hotel was misplaced, and so they put us up in a Corner Spa Suite at the Black Olive while attending the Natural Products Expo. I can't tell you how nice it was to finally be in a comfortable and green hotel environment. We enjoyed all the comforts of being home (organic food and personal/bath products), a comfortable bed, living room, and kitchen. We loved the corner balcony and whirlpool. The location was convenient to many restaurants and shops and the staff was super helpful and friendly. As a former architect I really could appreciate all the time they put into making sure every detail was green and efficient - even down to the way they clean the rooms with steam!
Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Beyond_all_Borders
Dimitris S, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
Greetings Beyond_all_Borders:

Thank you for your kind words about your heavenly stay with us at the Inn during your stay in Baltimore while you attended the Natural Products Expo. We are very happy to see you appreciated our green hotel concept and can see the hard work we put into it.

We are looking forward to see you back.

E:Ryan@theblackolive.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Upper Marlboro, MD
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I previously shared a review with you as TheBirthdayGirl45, however since then I had another opportunity to stay at the Inn at the Black Olive and let me tell you it was phenomenal. My friend who has expressed to me how clean the Inn is and me being a traveler, part-time travel agent and a person with high standards who has stayed in some of the finest hotels found that hard to believe every hotel has somes dust in the corners.  Now my first visit here in March I thoroughly inspected the place, however  I didn't do my how clean is this room test so when I went back this month I decided to challenge him on his review of the Inn. I took with me a pair of brand new white socks and I wore them in the room for 10 hours before I took them off well to my surprise my brand new white socks were still white when I took them off I couldn't believe it. I then went around the room and did the dust bunny test I went through this room with a fine tooth comb and could not find any dust anywhere...very impressive since I have stayed in many hotels, resorts, private rental homes and my biggest complaint is that the room is never cleaned properly this is a big deal for me especially if I'm spending my money to stay there.
Well this lovely Organic Greek setting Inn is like apartment living as soon as you enter the rooms the lights come on immediately so there's no looking around for a light switch. The bed/mattress, towels and robes are organic; soft to the skin and the furniture is made of bamboo and recovered wood the walls are my favorite simply because they are not dry wall Dimitris kept the natural look yea I did my homework...I had some free time. Did I also mention that the floors are radiant heated so if you forget your slippers they got you covered. Complimentary organic breakfast, wine, water, and coffee are all available to you in room. Awesome!!

Look I could go on all day talking about this place, but why should I if you don't believe me go check it out for yourself I guarantee you, you will not be disappointed. The staff is very friendly beyond friendly...many thanks to Dimitris, Chris, Alicia, Jenny, Emily and Ryan  if I excluded anyone or misspelled your names please forgive me, but I didn't want to end this review without acknowledging all of you.

Room Tip: I said it before just pick a room any room you can't go wrong! Word of mouth is the best testi...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Raven C
Dear Raven C:

Thank you for your thorough and very descriptive review about your stay with us. We take a lot of pride to make sure every room is cleaned to perfection after each guest departs from their Spa Suite; we double and triple check each room before the arriving guest checks in. Your kind words about the room from the amazing Cozy Pure mattress to the robes are very much appreciated and we are glad your white socks were still pure white when you took them off.

We welcome you back to the Inn whenever you are in Baltimore again and need a over night getaway, please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your next stay with us as phenomenal as your last, customer satisfaction is our number one priority.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

Ryan Solomon, the concierge and director of customer relations, is phenomenal in every way. He went above and beyond his traditional duties as a concierge to make sure we were extremely comfortable and very informed about our room and its amenities throughout our brief stay in Baltimore.

The restaurant is also amazing. Great service and great Greek-inspired/Mediterranean food.

This is an awesome place to stay whether you are a prospective student looking at Johns Hopkins or looking for somewhere to stay for a weekend.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank oliviaderaadt
Dear Oliviaderaadt:

Thank you for your kind words about your stay at the Inn and your amazing experience in our roof top restaurant The Olive Room. We were very happy to have you stay with us while checking out Johns Hopkins for a prospective school. I am happy to hear you enjoyed everything we have to offer and hope to see you back soon.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your next stay with us as amazing as your first/

Fallston, Maryland
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of spending a luxurious night at The Inn at the Black Olive on April 6, 2012. Traveling to downtown Baltimore for the Oriole’s Opening Day, we thought we would treat ourselves to a night at this lovely, boutique-style inn. Our experience was absolutely wonderful from start to finish!

From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty. The manager, Alicia, personally escorted us to our suite to make sure we were pleased with our room and to explain the abundant amenities that the room had to offer. The Black Olive Inn’s eco-friendly décor includes not only organic toiletries and bed linens, but also a complimentary bottle of organic wine. As guests, we were given numerous healthy choices for our breakfast the following morning which was delivered to our room promptly at the time we had requested in advance. We were impressed with the spaciousness and cleanliness of the suite, with a large living and dining area, bedroom, and bathroom with a two-person Jacuzzi and large enclosed shower. The bed was so inviting, with soft, organic sheets and bed linens which enveloped you in sheer comfort and allowed you to easily drift off to sleep. For guests traveling on business, their large, flat-screen television also serves as a computer with internet access.

The only suggestion for improvement which I shared with the inn’s friendly and courteous director of customer relations, Ryan, would be to place a small sitting stool under the vanity in the bathroom so that guests may comfortably use the nice make-up mirror they provide.

This is the perfect place for health-conscious, eco-friendly enthusiasts to spend an evening, weekend, or as much time as their visit to Baltimore allows them. It is great for a romantic getaway and also for the business traveler. The inn is very customer-service oriented and makes sure every need of every guest is met. We highly recommend it!

Room Tip: There was not a swimming pool or spa, but there were no choices above to say "not applicable&qu...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Donna W
Dimitris S, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Donna W:

Thank you so much for your lovely review about your stay and sharing your wonderful experience with everyone on TripAdvisor. Your thoughtful and heartfelt comments about your entire stay from start to finish are greatly appreciated by us all.

I do appreciate you bringing to my attention your thoughts about a sitting stool for the vanity area; I do agree with your concern about it. I have brought that to the attention of our hotel manager and we are vigorously looking for stools or a small chair we can purchase for the rooms under the vanities.

Once again thank you for staying with us and please let me know personally if there is anything I can do to make sure your next stay is as wonderful as your first.

Berkeley, California
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Our son was married in Baltimore, and many members of the wedding party and friends stayed at the Inn at The Black Olive. The friendly staff went out of their way to cater to all our needs, and the store/cafe downstairs made various delicious organic and sustainable foodstuffs. All the spacious suites had views of the harbor, and being in the Fells Point area, there were many restaurants and cute shops to visit. I would recommend this Inn to anyone who wants to be treated like royalty.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Boomer634
Greetings Boomer634:

I just wanted to start out by saying it was truly our pleasure hosting your family and friends during such a paramount event in their lives and we glad to be apart of the excitement and joy.

It’s our goal as you saw to make sure every guest that stays here feels like royalty and leaves happy. I am also delighted to see you were able to enjoy all of the fruits of Fells Point and everything this beautiful area has to offer travelers.

Please let me know if we can be at service to you again on your next visit to Charm City.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 4 April 2012

When you take a bite of food prepared by the chefs at the Inn at the Black Olive, a tomato doesn't taste like an ordinary tomato any more. It becomes a whole event in your mouth!
Even the simplest ingredients, you can tell, are hand selected with the utmost concern for flavor and function. The food, the wine....organic and biodynamic. The Imported Greek Feta cheese! Salmon! Lamb!
I haven't had a bite to eat here that hasn't made my eyes roll back and made me say "YUM."
At the Agora on the first floor, you can pick up an affordable bottle of amazing wine, some ingredients for supper, a glass of wine, and some light fare. There's this amazing green juice you just have to try.
For a fine dinner, the Olive Room upstairs has the best sunset view of the harbor and the best food in town. I wish I could take a picture for you of how good it all smells and tastes!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank JesR_12
Greetings Jes R:

Thank you so much for posting such a kind and well-written review about our roof top restaurant The Olive Room, which is located on the 5th floor above the Inn and the fabulous Argora Market on the 1st floor. We strive to make sure our cuisine is at the highest caliber for every guest. We hope to see you back at the Inn soon.

Please let me know personally if there is anything I can do to make your stay perfect.

Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed 28 March 2012

First let me start off by saying this is one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever stayed in. All of the Staff was so friendly when I arrived I was greeted by Emily (so sweet)...she gave me my room key that my friend had left at the front desk for me. I then took the elevator to the fourth floor where I was greeted by some of the most unique art work I actually took a minute admiring the art before I went to our room. Once I arrived in the room I could not believe how spacious it was simply gorgeous. My friend had arrived before so he was already in the room and was very familiar with the hotel. Our hotel room was very spacious from the livingroom to the bedroom to the bathroom. The bathroom has a 2 seater hot tub and the shower was so spacious no hitting the wall in there unless you wanted to :)). My friend and I just stood at the large balcony windows admiring the scenery it was so calming and relaxing honestly I did not want to leave. We enjoyed a nice lunch and breakfast during our stay and even stopped by the market to pickup some organic drinks and lunch for him that day. Inn at The Black Olive you have spoiled me this is the only hotel I want to stay in and on that note I am already trying to book our next stay. Thank you Chris for such a wonderful stay you made me feel so special! :)) The Birthday Girl

Room Tip: Honestly floor any room you select in this hotel will be a good choice. Just make your reservation a...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thebirthdaygirl45
Dimitris S, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this review, 1 April 2012
Greetings Thebirthdaygirl45:

I wanted to start by saying Happy Birthday, and thank you for spending such a special day with us, we are glad we could spoil you for your birthday. Your experience you shared with everyone on Trip Advisor definitely accentuates “A Beautiful Stay” at the Inn at The Black Olive, and what we want every guest to experience & enjoy.

Please let us know if we can be of service to you when you plan your next visit.