“Loved It!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Cold Spring, New York
“Loved It!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stayed one nite at the Inn at the Black Olive while visiting colleges with my daughter. The staff couldn't have been any nicer and accommodating. Room was a suite that was nicely decorated with local flavor/artwork and had an old feel to it though the bld was relatively new. The whole property had an " eco feel" to it and loved the concrete bathroom sinks. Room size was large and we felt like we were staying at a friends apt. We had dinner at their rooftop restaurant and the food was excellent and atmosphere very relaxing. Location was quiet yet a short walk to Fells Point main area. I'd highly recommend it and look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dimitris S, Owner at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear Joe493,
First, I wanted to thank you for your feedback. Our families dream to marry fine food and fine lodging in the tradition of our ancestors is what keeps us going. This also includes forming the personal relationships with guests to provide a service that is different than all the "box" hotels. Our passion and determination comes from the heart. The payment comes from the warm feeling of making a guest delighted with Baltimore, with Fell's Point, and with our brand of real hospitality. We treat our Trip Advisor reviews as a management directive. We strive to bring a smile to every guest and connect with them to facilitate their agenda during their stay in our wonderful hotel and City! Thanks for all of your details but most importantly thanks for noticing the incredible poured concrete sink made locally by a company called Lukeworks. Mark Melonis, a fellow passionate member of the sustainable community here in Baltimore is producing some of the most amazing custom concrete and Bamboo furniture and poured concrete countertops. Please visit his site to find out more about his incredible work (www.lukeworks.com).

If we can assist you with anything in the future please don’t hesitate to contact us at concierge@theblackolive.com. Our customer service dedicated team is at your service 24 hours. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Dimitris Spiliadis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

My family stayed at Inn at The Black Olive for one night in August. It wasn't my first choice, but during a very busy weekend, it seemed to be the only available option for us. We received very friendly service during check-in. We were escorted to our room by the front desk clerk and bellman. They made sure to explain everything in the room including the free Netflix, Wi-Fi, and thermostat. The complimentary bottle of wine was a wonderful addition.
The room was huge and sparsely, yet adequately furnished. However, I would prefer a TV in the bedroom. My only real complaint was the lack of attention to detail on the upkeep. There was something weird going on in the bathroom...a missing or broken tile on the side of the bathtub left a large gaping and very unattractive hole. There was also something splattered across the wall by the sink in the mini kitchen area. If not for these minor issues, I would have rated it as Excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Love2Travel1616
Dear Love2Travel1616,
First, I wanted to thank you for your feedback. Your constructive criticisms are what make us improve and continue to delight our guests. Our first review ever was a 1 star review. I firmly believe that this was the best thing that ever happened to us.
Our families dream to marry fine food and fine lodging in the tradition of our ancestors is what keeps us going. This also includes forming the personal relationships with guests to provide a service that is different than all the "box" hotels. Our passion and determination comes from the heart. Our entire family which extends to the entire staff of the building takes great pride in their collective work. We take our Trip Advisor reviews as a management directive. When we encounter a problem identified by a guest, fixing it becomes our number one priority.
We are working diligently to replace the custom limestone access panel that was damaged in your room and lime-wash the walls to remove the stain.

New Paltz,NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

The Inn at the Black Olive is a boutique hotel that offers a unique overnight experience. Visit their website to learn more details about the environmentally-conscious construction and amenities offered but I'll offer my personal experience. The Inn is on a side-street between the busy Inner Harbor and the lively Fell's Point neighborhoods. It is in a mixed residential and business area that has seen lots of renovation and modern construction over the past few years. You stay in a suite which consists of large rooms tastefully and comfortably decorated. The living area has a kitchenette with a refrigerator (stocked with mineral water and complementary wine), sink, small table with 2 chairs, and coffee maker. There is a large living room area with a comfortable couch and large screen television. The bedroom has a super comfortable king sized bed with the softest organic cotton bedding you can imagine. There are balconies off of the living room and bedroom. The bathroom has a fabulous shower and a fantastic double sized whirlpool bathtub complete with bath salts and body oil. There are plenty of large soft towels and bathrobes to add to the experience. The toiletries are organic and wonderful. I loved everything about it - it was super relaxing and comfortable. There are two restaurants associated with the hotel, neither of which we ate in, but will next time we visit. We did have a snack/lunch in their storefront market/cafe which was great. The rooftop dining room had a nice view and looked very pretty. Breakfast can be ordered as room service and was very good. We had a wonderful stay and I do think the hotel was able to achieve their goal of offering a healthy and totally relaxing experience. I have a few minor suggestions to offer but these things were not significant issues at all. The Seventh Generation facial tissues are far from soft, perhaps try Marcal or some other company that offers recycled products. It would be better if each suite could adjust their own thermostat although you offered to lower or raise it if we just called downstairs - the ac was adequate but the temperature wasn't steadily comfortable, sometimes got a little too hot before the ac came on. It would have been nice to have dimmer attachments for some of the lights - especially in the bathroom and hall outside the bedroom. I recommend one or two large plush reading chairs as well as the couch in the living room area - it was too bare for me. The breakfast was very good but the Mediterranean platter of pita with four listed spreads was a little sparse for $15 - it only came with two spreads and not that much pita. The coffee, wine and bathroom toiletries were super products.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Chambersburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Wow. An electic Fells Point Inn offering the finest in decor, service, concierge accomodations. Amazing location within walking distance to Pier 6 and Bond Street Wharf festivities.This is 5/5 Star Inn. Parking next door was only $13.00 per night (very cheap for the area). Lovely spa bath and shower. State of the art ECO Inn. Will return again.

Room Tip: 2nd floor with 2 king beds (separate) and nice for family with two couples.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Tinwoman,
Your review is much appreciated. Thanks for pointing out the parking option that we have available. Although we are happy to have curb side pull up and valet services, we are very conveniently located next to the least expensive parking garage in the city. We encourage our guests to self park to find the best value. We do not take your perfect rating lightly. We read and value every piece of feedback from our guests as we know you are the key to our success. We enjoy very much the opportunity to meet such incredible and diverse people in our profession. We take great pride in this city and the great neighborhood of Fell's Point where we reside.
If we can assist you with anything in the future please don’t hesitate to contact us at concierge@theblackolive.com. Our customer service dedicated team is at your service 24 hours. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Superbowl champion city ;)!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Just Enjoyed 2 nights here in a 4th floor corner room. Spacious & comfortable. We liked the little balcony, full wall of windows, complimentary Greek wine & bottled water, large shower, washer/dryer in the room, and parking garage right next door ($26 for 2 nights). Attentive and friendly customer service from beginning to end. Short walk to some fun pubs & restaurants in Fells Point. (See One Eyed Mikes, Blue Moon Cafe, & Slainte.). Reasonable walk to the Inner Harbor touristy stuff - or hop on the water taxi. Not your boring, cookie cutter traditional hotel. Cozy & intimate without being claustrophobic. Would stay there again without hesitation.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear LKNduo,
We see that you are a seasoned traveler and that makes us see that your review is not something to take for granted. We are very passionate about providing the best hospitality experience that we can dream up. We are constantly doing new things to improve the stay of our guests. we are never satisfied. We appreciate you pointing out some of the nice things about our great neighborhood and hotel. We are so delighted to hear that you would look forward to coming back to stay with us.
Please call us directly for the best rates and to let us know how we can assist you in making your next stay a delight!
Thanks again and on behalf of the entire staff at the Inn at the Black Olive,
We remain at your service,
Devon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

can't beat this hotel for location, room, cleanliness, great staff and a view to boot... it is very authentic so don't expect the Ritz or Four Seasons.... but definitely a wonderful place and an interesting step away from the usual 4/5 star hotels in America.... wonderful stay.... thank you

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dimitris S, Manager at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear OZTravel,
First, I wanted to thank you for your feedback. Our families dream to marry fine food and fine lodging in the tradition of our ancestors is what keeps us going. This also includes forming the personal relationships with guests to provide a service that is different than all the "box" hotels. Our passion and determination comes from the heart. The payment comes from the warm feeling of making a guest delighted with Baltimore, with Fell's Point, and with our brand of real hospitality. We treat our Trip Advisor reviews as a management directive. We strive to bring a smile to every guest and connect with them to facilitate their agenda during their stay in our wonderful hotel and City! Your specific short sweet review adds to the wonderful fabric that makes our customer testimonials some of the best of any hotel in the world!

Maple, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

The Inn at the Black Olive is excellent, far better than any hotel I have every stayed in. I've been staying in hotels for over a decade. I stayed August 8th to the 10th.

I booked a room here due to the Otakon block being bought out. This is the first time I have booked a room with a hotel and not been discriminated as a cosplayer, I was welcomed and greeted. If you have read my reviews are mostly based on how relaxing my stay was and my reception as a convention attendee. I was in full costume and was treated like a human being and that's a huge difference for me. I was given a tour of my room! It was a bit of a shock, but a real experience.

The staff was friendly and even gave me a razor for free when I forgot mine. Also you get complimentary water, wine, tea and coffee.

The rooms are VERY, VERY clean. Like very clean. I do check for cleanliness and Inn at the Black Olive has some clean rooms. Have the hotel call the taxi for you if you are nervous. It was my first trip outside the country and I felt very relaxed in this hotel.

Notes:
- If you are commuting to and from the Baltimore Convention Centre, taxi costs around 7 during the day and 10 at night.
- The red wine was excellent, I was drinking it for three days because I was on my own.
- If your room is cool, have the reception lower the temperature as you cannot do it from your own room. It was set to "Cool Canadian Autumn" for me so waking up was a real nostalgia trip.
- This hotel is sort of for veteran con goers that want some sort of luxury while travelling. I don't think normal con goers can afford this due to the room price, but for my travel weary soul it was worth the price. It's actually a really good size, and by that I mean the rooms are huge.
- Do not hesitate to contact the hotel for help on booking.
- Hot tub is really good.

Room Tip: My room had a jacuzzi/hot tub and king bed. You may experience difficulties when booking through a t...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank HironobuNobunagaMD
Dear HironobuNobunagaMD,
Wow, you really blew it out of the stadium with your review. We enjoyed your company and the company of every wonderful guest at our inn. We hold no prejudices against anyone for anything. Although we do not fully understand the Otakon Convention, we so much enjoy the whimsical effect it has on a city. Sometimes a little fantasy in a world of such seriousness is a refreshing change. We thank you for sharing pictures and such detail to give our guests the best preview of what to expect during their stay with us. We all enjoyed the costumes and learning a little more about the convention. We do hope your review brings some of your very interesting peers to our establishment next year.