“As good as described”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fells Point
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch on our trip from Hilton Head to NH based on trip advisor reviews and to give us a break from summer traffic. The food was delicious and the service was excellent.
Had the fish and chips and the oyster po boy. Will definitely find
our way back here again in our travels.

There are newer reviews for Thames Street Oyster House

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The lobster roll was the best I have ever eaten. The crab cake was also good. Great place. Great, friendly service. The homemade ketchup was nice.

2  Thank Karlinphilly
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Memorable night at Thames Street. We were in town to set sail the next day on a cruise to Bermuda. A friend had recommended this place and boy are we glad! We had reservations, so our wait at the downstairs bar was just long enough to order a beer from their nice selection and take in the lively atmosphere of the place.

Upstairs we we were seated at a four top with white cloths and brick walls. Charming. Our party of four proceeded to order over 50 oysters from their excellent menu of choices. They came to the table on tiered trays in the order that we lusted them so that we could easily enjoy each one!

Each person at the table order something additional from the main courses. My scallops were seared to buttery perfection and sat atop a nice corn succotash. Everyone's selections were mouthwatering, with my sister's lobster roll being noteworthy. Filled with sweet lobster inside a yummy, soft, buttery roll. We decided that this dish was actually worth the airfare to return!

Our server (wish I remembered her name) was EXCELLENT! We were demanding with our continual ordering of extras, drinks and such. She worked her butt off for us and never missed to step. I highly recommend this place. Make sure you make reservations.

Side note: My grown (but not legal to drink) daughter was with us. They serve a blueberry soda that she says was super great. It comes in a beer style bottle and made the situation with us drinking beer a little better because she felt a part of the festivities.

2  Thank Lilyles46
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My partners and I ate at this restaurant twice during our recent business trip to Baltimore. The menu is amazing and the food exceptional. Great oyster selection; great crab cakes ( maybe the best I have ever eaten), Ambiance is great especially outside on the patio. Must make reservations because this is a rather small restaurant and very popular. Great but small wine selection ( someone has great tastes) and we had exceptional service. Our waiter on the second visit (Kevin) was great- our first waiter as well but I can't recall his name! Definitely try to eat here if in Baltimore. Great for casual, casual elegance, business and/or romance.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I was very disappointed, again, in my most recent trip to Thames Street Oyster House. It will be my last trip here unless they change reservation and seating policies. Honestly, I'm sure that they don't care. I will describe the experience below.

My wife and I arrived at the restaurant at 9 pm on a Saturday. The hostess said all tables were full for the rest of the evening. She said we could sit at the bar, and I pointed out that there were no seats there either. The hostess sort of shrugged her shoulders, and indicated that it would be up to me to battle it out with other customers waiting for seats on who arrived first. No waiting list. No sign up sheet. She actually said we were "on our own".

We have eaten here before - several times. The food is fresh, well-prepared and overpriced.

This was just the latest experience that we've had with the snotty attitude of this restaurant. Not only have I experienced the food previous, I've also experienced the attitude.

I will take the hostess' advice -- we will be on our own -- somewhere else.

4  Thank LarryGross