“Good, but hidden fees”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Washnton dc
“Good, but hidden fees”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The hotel is beautiful and in a great location in Baltimore. It is within walking distance to many shops and restaraunts. However, the internet was 12.95 per day, with no option for shorter time frames. Parking was $26 for self or $40 per day for valet; the garage was creepy and I found the prices for parking and the internet high. I connected to the Four Seasons using a friend's hotel # since it is free there.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stayed here two night for a conference being held at the hotel. I had very low expectations going in - this conference is normally held in D.C. and most of us were disappointed it had moved to Baltimore. But I am now a believer. The hotel has been excellent - from a prompt and friendly greeting when I arrived, a large room with a beautiful view, comfortable bed, huge flat screen tv, nice desk working area, lots of outlets, hot and strong shower, efficient and friendly staff, and even a swan made from towels in the bathroom. The quality was a step above my recent experiences with Hilton Hotels.

I also used the exercise room area - which is like a mini-club with many cardio machines (eliptical, treadmills, stairmaster-type and stationary bike) as well as free weights, benches, weight machines, balls, mats, fresh towels, etc. Very nice.

And while I didn't use the pool next to the exercise room (actually never saw anyone using it), it was beautiful. Not super large, but designed so you could swim short laps. Also, really comfortable looking chaise lounges and very inviting sitting areas where a family could relax/read while children enjoy the pool.

As others have noted - fabulous location. We walked one night a few blocks away to a great restaurant called 10 10. Great scallops! Along the way we also realized there is wonderful shopping in the area. I didn't notice any chain stores - but lots of interesting clothing stores that made me wish I was staying longer.

ONLY negative - they charge for wifi. Come on.

Oh - and since I was here for a conference, I also got a fair dose of their food. Really excellent - some of the best conference food ever. I deeply appreciated that they offered lots of healthy options - not just tons of greasy breakfast food or poached chicken. And their food for the receptions was also a good variety and great quality. I ate well - but healthy too. Very unusual for a conference.

There may be other perfectly wonderful hotels in Baltimore, but I wouldn't look any further and I would definitely stay here again if my travels bring me back to Baltimore. And from my brief visit, I think this city deserves a closer look.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank christinamn
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I recently stayed at the Waterfront Marriott with my family. I had high expectations because the hotel is very nice and a great location. We had to move rooms after being there about 30 minutes because of the extremely loud party going on next door to our room. We moved from the 17th floor to the 29th only to find the exact same problem but worse. There was yelling, screaming and running up and down the halls until 4 in the morning. After calling security three times, a security guard finally came to the floor and asked people not staying to leave. 22 people stumbled out of one room. The hotel staff made no appologizes to any of the guest complaining about the disturbances going on. Extrememly poor customer service.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Erica C
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 29 November 2013

enjoyed the view from my 21st floor room. The staff were exceptionally friendly--from the cleaners, to the front desk staff, to the restaurant staff. Room was well-appointed with a very comfortable bed. Stayed here 6 nights for a conference and really enjoyed my time there.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Waterfront Marriott for a recent Ravens game. We picked this hotel based on travel reviews and the location. There are several great hotels in this cluster on the harbor. Despite how it looks on a map, everything we wanted to see was easy walking distance (even M&T Bank stadium).
The foyer was elegant and the front desk employees were very cheerful and helpful. The only hiccup was that our room was not ready for check in (even though it was almost 4pm?) so we had to drop off our bags with the bellman and head out a little unprepaired. Liz, at the concierge desk was friendly and helpful.
Our room was very clean and spacious, plenty of room for two people. We had two full length mirrors, nice coffee setup and plenty of well placed outlets. We did not have any bars of soap, nor shower gel, so I had to use shampoo for everything. Not sure if this is the norm, or an oversight. I'm sure we could have asked for some, but I didn't notice until I was already in the shower.
As mentioned by most, the best feature is the location on the harbor. Plenty of restaurants and shops nearby. Fell's point was only 10 minutes away on foot, and it's a pretty walk. Takes no time at all to get to the other side of the harbor. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My husband and I recently stayed 6 nights at this hotel, and we loved our stay! We were in room 2643, a quiet corner room with a king-size bed and a marvelous view of the harbor. Watching the sun rise and set on the harbor each day was amazing. Service was excellent, the room was clean, and the elevator service was very quick, since a bank of elevators only goes to the higher floors, eliminating the waiting time. The hotel is convenient to many good restaurants; you can walk to Fells Point, Little Italy and the inner harbor area. The hotel arranged for a driver to and from the airport, which was very helpful to us, since we need extra help with luggage. I would love to stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Harbor view from above the 12th floor. Room 2643 was a corner room, king-size bed, and very quiet. R...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 23 November 2013

The Mariott Baltimore is everything you would expect from a Marriott - crisp clean comfortable rooms, a reasonable gym, great location... and the pool is a chlorine free one a real treat! But there are a few odd things about it. The staff dont seem to know that a sauna works with water - so the bucket with ladle isnt there to get the sauna hotter and repeated mentions of this dont lead to anything - I think they think I think its a steam room! And in the very formal dining area, there are no side-plates and no saucers, so all the things ike butter wrapping, bread crsts have to go right onto the tables. Also, for the private functions one of the bartenders they provide shouts at top of his voice like he is in a rough neighborhood bar, Its odd that such a nice hotel has so many strange unprofessional aspects to it. But the staff are extremely friendly and its all clean and ... everything else works well!

Room Tip: Dont take a car-park facing room
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business