“Great location, well run but is being renovated”

Baltimore Marriott Waterfront
Ranked #20 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Great location, well run but is being renovated”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

This hotel has a wonderful location and my experience with the staff was very good. They are currently undergoing needed renovations and have taken all the right steps to handle them.

The restaurant is on the 31st floor in a former suite. It feels strange but works. The food and service is very good.

This is a well run and well located Marriott. It is not a Four Seasons ( nor should be compared to the one nearby) and it will not cost you anywhere near as much even though its location is almost identical.

I would definitely stay here again as I know when the renovations are complete, it will be close to an excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the lower floors facing the harbour
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (597)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Groove City
Reviewed 12 December 2013

My husband's job have a Christmas Party here every year. Very clean, great staff, great food and beautiful decor. The beds are always so comfortable. Close to the harbor. Really love this hotel. Parking cost about $25.00 - $30.00, valet parking is also available. Connection from garage to hotel inside.

Room Tip: Get a high enough floor to get a great view. Request waterfront if you can.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RobinGetsItIn
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I liked our room, but there wasn't much not to like. The view was great. It was clean. The hotel was in a great location on the water. The brunch was fantastic. The only reason why I didn't give five stars is because customer service was lacking. At check in, there were two people at the desk but only one person was checking people in. We were just handed the keys with no explanation as to where things were located in the hotel. At brunch, the staff didn't seem to know much about how the brunch worked so far as pricing and what's included. This hotel has everything it needs to be great but the service is just deplorable here. Not a friendly face in sight.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank JesHbg
Washnton dc
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The hotel is beautiful and in a great location in Baltimore. It is within walking distance to many shops and restaraunts. However, the internet was 12.95 per day, with no option for shorter time frames. Parking was $26 for self or $40 per day for valet; the garage was creepy and I found the prices for parking and the internet high. I connected to the Four Seasons using a friend's hotel # since it is free there.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stayed here two night for a conference being held at the hotel. I had very low expectations going in - this conference is normally held in D.C. and most of us were disappointed it had moved to Baltimore. But I am now a believer. The hotel has been excellent - from a prompt and friendly greeting when I arrived, a large room with a beautiful view, comfortable bed, huge flat screen tv, nice desk working area, lots of outlets, hot and strong shower, efficient and friendly staff, and even a swan made from towels in the bathroom. The quality was a step above my recent experiences with Hilton Hotels.

I also used the exercise room area - which is like a mini-club with many cardio machines (eliptical, treadmills, stairmaster-type and stationary bike) as well as free weights, benches, weight machines, balls, mats, fresh towels, etc. Very nice.

And while I didn't use the pool next to the exercise room (actually never saw anyone using it), it was beautiful. Not super large, but designed so you could swim short laps. Also, really comfortable looking chaise lounges and very inviting sitting areas where a family could relax/read while children enjoy the pool.

As others have noted - fabulous location. We walked one night a few blocks away to a great restaurant called 10 10. Great scallops! Along the way we also realized there is wonderful shopping in the area. I didn't notice any chain stores - but lots of interesting clothing stores that made me wish I was staying longer.

ONLY negative - they charge for wifi. Come on.

Oh - and since I was here for a conference, I also got a fair dose of their food. Really excellent - some of the best conference food ever. I deeply appreciated that they offered lots of healthy options - not just tons of greasy breakfast food or poached chicken. And their food for the receptions was also a good variety and great quality. I ate well - but healthy too. Very unusual for a conference.

There may be other perfectly wonderful hotels in Baltimore, but I wouldn't look any further and I would definitely stay here again if my travels bring me back to Baltimore. And from my brief visit, I think this city deserves a closer look.

1 Thank christinamn
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I recently stayed at the Waterfront Marriott with my family. I had high expectations because the hotel is very nice and a great location. We had to move rooms after being there about 30 minutes because of the extremely loud party going on next door to our room. We moved from the 17th floor to the 29th only to find the exact same problem but worse. There was yelling, screaming and running up and down the halls until 4 in the morning. After calling security three times, a security guard finally came to the floor and asked people not staying to leave. 22 people stumbled out of one room. The hotel staff made no appologizes to any of the guest complaining about the disturbances going on. Extrememly poor customer service.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Erica C
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 29 November 2013

enjoyed the view from my 21st floor room. The staff were exceptionally friendly--from the cleaners, to the front desk staff, to the restaurant staff. Room was well-appointed with a very comfortable bed. Stayed here 6 nights for a conference and really enjoyed my time there.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business