“Conference Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Danville, KY
“Conference Stay”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I recently spent three days at this hotel for a conference and lodging. The hotel and surroundings are beautiful. My room was wonderful and looked out over the harbor. I'm really a stickler for cleanliness and I couldn't have asked for any better. The bed was very comfortable and I'm actually on a mission to find the same pillows for my home. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I traveled alone and did a lot of walking the waterfront. I felt very safe in the area. It is located next to many attractions and restaurants.
The conference rooms were located on two floors, but an escalator made it very convenient to get to our sessions. The only negative from my experience was the temperature in the conference rooms. I was appropriately dressed and still froze in every session, so much so it made it hard to concentrate. I made my way to my room when possible to warm up.
All and all my experience was really good and I would stay here again when returning to Baltimore.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I just got back from a night stay at this hotel. It was a great stay! I traveled with my 2 kids and they took full advantage of the indoor pool.
Noora checked me in, she was extremely accommodating and put me in a room with a great view of the harbor.

Stayed April 2014
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This was an interesting visit as the hotel and location and room were fabulous the service was poor. The hotel is in the heart of the action in Baltimore close to the baseball and football venues and the harbor and water taxi lots of dining. Our room was a large executive suite which was roomy and up to date. The hotel itself has a nice bar downstairs but the food was just ok but bartenders were great.
The downside of the hotel was the service and the noise. The room was not ready on arrival from California and had to wait an extra hour with no explanation. That night was one of the loudest on record very thin walls and security was apparently on our floor twice to calm the party next store and the yelling down the hall. The maid service cleaned well but never replenished what we needed glasses, soap etc. Always calling for something that should be in the room. We took the hotel limo from the airport and our driver never even said hello or goodbye at least he only charged $35 to airport. If they could get the service corrected this is a five star hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators, especially on the weekend. Everyone coming off is loud from partying.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank entboy2013
Caroline H, Executive Assistant at Baltimore Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront.
We truly appreciate your feedback and have shared your concerns with our senior leadership team. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction and I do apologize your stay with us was not an exceptional experience. If you should like to discuss your concerns in detail we welcome you to call the hotel directly and ask to speak with the Manager on Duty. Thank you again for your feedback and for bringing these matters to our attention, we do hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.
Ellicott City, MD
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed at the Marriott Waterfront for my husband's birthday and it was absolutely perfect. The room was large, very clean, and had the most amazing view. The bathroom was great, bed was very comfortable, and the actual hotel itself is so beautiful and high-end. Great weekend get away, and it is in Harbor East with tons of restaurants and bars to walk to.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Caroline H, Executive Assistant at Baltimore Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share with use your recent experience at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront. We are so glad to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay! We hope that it was a wonderful birthday weekend and we look forward to the prospect of welcoming you back for your next celebration. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback.
Danville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

The staff at this hotel was very friendly. They said hello, asked if we needed any help, and asked how our stay was almost every time we entered the lobby. The room was kept clean and was stocked daily. TV, fridge, coffee machine, amazing bed. We stayed in room 1841 and the view was stunning: panoramic or Inner Harbor and Federal Hill. All the staff we talked to said that room was their favorite. The location is ideal, with a water taxi stop right outside the lobby. Watch the time when coming back from the parking garage, the entrance to the hotel does close without entry at night.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Allyson H
Thank you for taking the time to share with use your recent experience at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back soon. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

The location is great. Walls are paper thin and you can hear the TVs in the rooms next to you. Didn't hold the reservation I requested. More troubling, I found staff to be hit or miss. Some helpful and some totally incompetent. Good set up for a conference.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank M P
Caroline H, Executive Assistant at Baltimore Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us, we truly appreciate all feedback. Your comments will be taken into consideration by our senior leadership team to further address. Please accept our apologies that your stay with us was not satisfactory, we value you each and every guest and strive to create a memorable experience. If you should like to discuss your concerns in detail we welcome you to call the hotel directly and ask to speak with the Manager on Duty. Thank you again for your feedback, we do hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This Mariott has the thinnest walls I have ever encountered. I stayed one night 4/5/14 on the 32nd floor with my 2 year old. Let's just say that my 2 year old was infinitely quieter than our neighbors. Napping was impossible for her due to the noise (and being during the day, it didn't seem appropriate to complain). Nighttime was proving to be the same until I downloaded a white noise app on my phone (which did help tremendously).

The location though was great for our trip to the Aquarium. The gentleman who checked us in was extremely kind and fawned over my daughter appropriately ;) If these two factors were not at play though, I would have rated this hotel a one star. It was that noisy for us. And certainly not worth $320 for one night, plus parking.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding the level of noise you experienced during your recent stay. We truly appreciate all feedback and apologize that your stay with us was not satisfactory. Please know that your comments have been brought to the attention of our senior leadership team to further address. If you would like to discuss your concerns in detail we welcome you to call the hotel directly and ask to speak with the Manager on Duty. Again, we thank you for your feedback and do hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.