“not happy with service or room”

Baltimore Marriott Waterfront
Ranked #18 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“not happy with service or room”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We arrived after midnight and the valet did not come out to greet us. We had to give our car keys to the front desk. The next morning when we called the valet and front desk to try to get our car pulled up neither one could get it because they said we had no ticket number. Well they were the ones who did not give us a ticket. We had to physically go downstairs to talk to the valet who finally got our car. But the service by front desk regarding this was very unhelpful and uncaring. No room service after midnight so we had to order a pizza when late and tired. Our room was run down and bed was uncomfortable. Only $100 less per night than the Four Seasons next door, and for that price I can get a balcony to sit out over the harbor. I will be back at the four seasons for the comfort, elegance and service.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Caroline H, Executive Assistant at Baltimore Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept our apologies that your stay with us was not satisfactory, we value you each and every guest and strive to create a memorable experience. We would like to speak with you directly about your stay, at your earliest convenience please feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask to speak with the manager on duty in reference to your stay. Thank you again for taking the time to share with us your feedback and for bringing these matters to our attention. We do hope to hear from you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (571)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
rochester NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

The staff and the new lobby bar/dining area is what makes this hotel nice. The rest is so-so and rooms will (hopefully) probably soon be remodeled. We asked for a quiet floor and I was very pleased with how quiet our wing of the hotel was. Although the rooms were very clean; the furniture was pretty scratched and dented, I was honestly a little surprised at how bad some of it was considering this is a Marriott hotel. They even used duct tape to secure the carpet down at the adjoining room walk-through that connected our rooms. We had $99/night so I really complain too much but does anyone pay the advertised $200-$300 rates to stay here? I wouldn't. The bell/door staff was very friendly and welcoming. Ditto for the check in. We stayed 4 nights and had breakfast at the hotel once. Although the servers were friendly and helpful, there seems to be a little chaos in the restaurant maybe because it only reopened a few weeks ago. The remodeled area is a great place to hang out for (expensive) drinks and free wi-fi. They charge $12 a night for room wifi; but I was able to access the free lobby wi-fi from my 10th floor room several times so try that first if you are on a low floor. No denying that there are great views from the rooms facing the harbor. And the neighborhood (East Harbor) is new; clean and packed with restaurant (mostly high end chains) and nice retail (jcrew, anthro..). There is also a nice movie theater within a block which I recommend for a rainy night. The water taxi stops right near the lobby and we used it one day to get around and sightseeing. We tried to use the concierge desk a few times but they could not provide some pretty simple information that we needed so that fell a little short too. The Felts Point neighborhood is a short walk away and you can find tons of restaurant and bars there as well. Rooms have a small fridge so we shopped at the nearby Whole Foods for breakfast items and milk. There are so many harbor area hotels to choose from, not sure I would return to this one when I come back to Baltimore. All and all, we loved our little vacation in Baltimore. The highlights of our trip were an Orioles Game; a visit to the American Visionary Museum (a must); dinner at the Thames Street Oyster House (fantastic; need a reservation) and Fort McHenry.

Room Tip: Harbor views are really nice
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank alleretour
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel, we truly appreciate all feedback both complimentary and constructive. Based on the comments you have provided, there are some areas of opportunity that we can improve on in order to make our guests stay more comfortable. Please accept our sincere appreciation for bringing these matters to our attention so that we may address them. Should your travels bring you back to the Baltimore area, I do hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Brigantine, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott this past week for a 3 night mini honeymoon/birthday trip and had a wonderful time. The hotel was very nice and we had spectacular harbor views from our room on the 25th floor. The staff was very friendly and helpful especially Will at the front desk who took the time to write down a list of his favorite places in Baltimore for us to try. The location was great because we were in waking distance to everything (the Aquarium, Camden Yards, Little Italy, etc...). The food at the hotel was excellent as well (try the Smoked Virginia Ham pizza and you won't be sorry). I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Baltimore.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Caroline H, Executive Assistant at Baltimore Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront. We are so happy to hear that you both enjoyed your stay! Thank you for sharing with us your favorite menu item from our new restaurant, Apropoes as well. We will be sure to send your compliments to the Chef. We hope that it was a wonderful celebratory weekend and we look forward to welcoming you back again for your next celebration.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

On a whim we decided to take an overnight trip to Baltimore just get away for a little mini-vacation. We used the Name Your Price feature on Priceline so we were blinding picking a hotel without knowing which one we would end up with until after the checkout process. We couldn't be happier when we found out it was the Marriott Waterfront that had accepted our bid.

Our room was fantastic! I can't remember exactly what floor we were on, but it was someone around the 9th or 10th, about halfway or so up the hotel. The room was immaculate and we had a gorgeous view facing Inner Harbor! Before heading out for dinner we watched an amazing sunset right in between M&T Stadium and Camden Yards.

The hotel was situated perfectly between the Inner Harbor and Fell's Point area, with plenty to do with just a short walk.

As we got such a bargain rate on the room, we felt as if we were stealing from them. If we get the chance, we will definitely be returning! Thank you for a great stay!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share with use your recent experience at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We do hope that your travels bring you back to the area so that we may have the opportunity to host you in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback.
Davis, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Rooms were spacious, view from harbor-side amazing! Service excellent. Well designed for business travel. Food excellent, bar excellent. Only opportunity for improvement was really with the timing of housekeeping. Seemed housekeeping would either stalk the room for cleaning in the AM or not come at all until later in the afternoon. Although would come mid-day if specific request made through operator. Overall, great place to stay and very accommodating to requests!

Room Tip: Harbor view above 18th floor!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Danville, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I recently spent three days at this hotel for a conference and lodging. The hotel and surroundings are beautiful. My room was wonderful and looked out over the harbor. I'm really a stickler for cleanliness and I couldn't have asked for any better. The bed was very comfortable and I'm actually on a mission to find the same pillows for my home. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I traveled alone and did a lot of walking the waterfront. I felt very safe in the area. It is located next to many attractions and restaurants.
The conference rooms were located on two floors, but an escalator made it very convenient to get to our sessions. The only negative from my experience was the temperature in the conference rooms. I was appropriately dressed and still froze in every session, so much so it made it hard to concentrate. I made my way to my room when possible to warm up.
All and all my experience was really good and I would stay here again when returning to Baltimore.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I just got back from a night stay at this hotel. It was a great stay! I traveled with my 2 kids and they took full advantage of the indoor pool.
Noora checked me in, she was extremely accommodating and put me in a room with a great view of the harbor.

Stayed April 2014