“Great stay great view”

GreenLeadersBronze level
france
“Great stay great view”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed there 4 nights- really nice rooms comfortable and breathtaking views in the waterfront!

Would definitely recommend this place for business / pleasure.

Extra clean / convenient and well located.

Only down thing, you have to pay for wifi when rooms already cost around 350$ per night!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I just got back from a conference. The facility is huge! The location was the best part. The staff was great and checked me into the room preference I was looking for. It was a great view of the water. I was so busy that I wasn't able to enjoy the city. I'll be back!

Fulton, Mississippi
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband, daughter and I were visiting for a conference. We arrived the night before the conference. Check-in was expedient and the lobby was enormous. The parking is across the alley and then you are back into the hotel through a breeze-way. I'm not certain how the parking compares with others in the area for price but it was a little too expensive for my liking.

The ball room facilities were nice with plenty of room in the foyer areas. They are down and around and behind and a little difficult to find. The elevators were ridiculously inadequate at handling the large surge of conference attendees when we were let out for break. We stood in line for 45 minutes to cram into the elevator. Why didn't we take the stairs? Because they were no where to be found and there were no signs leading to them. Hotel staff was on hand for a cash lunch bar just outside the conference door so that was nice.

This Marriott is NOT an overly fancy hotel. It's older and it shows. The bathroom counter had been notched to accommodate the door, otherwise it would have hit the counter and not been able to close. The carpets in our room were older and a little musty. There were two accessible outlets in the whole room for our electronics. There was a small fridge in the room and a coffee pot but no microwave. NO CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST. The beds were comfortable and nothing to complain about at all. The cleaning staff twisted some awesome towel animals which my daughter loved. The view from our room was fantastic though with boats to watch any time. The water taxi is literally right outside the front doors. When they say waterfront, they are not kidding.

We were right next to Little Italy, which was fantastic and quite a treat. The concierge recommended a sandwich shop a few blocks over with expensive yet average food. When we went back the next day to share the menu from the GREAT place we found in Little Italy, the concierge was snooty and uninterested. The hotel restaurant was very nice and had big windows to view part of the harbor and the walking area surrounding it. The food was good and not terribly over-priced. We didn't explore the surroundings as much as I would have liked due to our conference.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Englewood, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I decided on a last minute road trip to Baltimore this past weekend. I was looking for hotels in the area that were reasonable and at a very good location. I am a Marriott rewards member and checked all their properties in Baltimore. I was debating between the Renaissance and the Marriott Waterfront and opted to stay at Marriott due to some feedback by fellow tripadvisors.

This hotel is situated right on the water - great views all around. It is close to MANY (and I mean many) restaurants, its about a 5 minute walk to the Aquarium and many other attractions - all the ships are on display around the harbor, and a 10 - 15 minute walk to Fells Point. The hotel also has a water taxi stop right by the entrance of the hotel. Valet Park and Check-in were swift (we used the mobile check in app) - took about 20 minutes for both. There was somewhat of a line for those who were checking in upon arrival.

We arrived on Saturday afternoon and was pleasantly surprised that free wine and cheese were being offered to all hotel guests. The lobby is spacious with the bar/restaurant to the left. It was a little bit busy when we arrived and the lobby was filled with guests - probably due to a wedding or a meeting/convention. We had a city view room at a higher floor - and partial view of the water. Room was your typical Marriott room - beds were comfortable, flat panel TV, coffee/tea station, etc.. Elevator service was also quick.

We didn't try the hotel restaurant as we really just wanted to try everything the city has to offer. We had a great time at this walk-around city and had a comfortable stay at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront hotel. The only thing lacking for us is access to an outdoor pool. Hotel has an indoor pool which we didn't use. The Four Seasons Hotel which was right next door had an outdoor pool on I think the 4th or 5th floor which was completely waterfront.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great location for doing and seeing everything in the Baltimore Harbor. I was here for a wedding last month and have nothing but good things to say. Although there are fancier hotels, this Marriot was clean, well kept, and offered surprisingly good food in its onsite restaurant.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Omaha NE
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront for a conference. The staff is attentive, the rooms clean and spacious, and the location is great, near quality dining, shopping and Camden Yard. I highly recommend this hotel.

1 Thank Mike M
MA
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Hotel was clean and beautiful. The food was also excellent, I especially enjoyed the Baltimore crab cakes. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful and were able to answer all of our questions. The bed was so comfortable! I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Request a water view room.