“Fantastic location for business traveler”

Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Gurnee, Illinois, United States
“Fantastic location for business traveler”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I've come to expect some basic creature comforts in travel and the Marriott brand (specifically Courtyard) seems to provide them consistently, and at a reasonable price. This time was no exception... everything was great. Upon arrival (after midnight) the front desk helped me find the parking garage and made sure I understood the cafe times and how to get to the garage from the inside of the hotel etc, they were very thorough.

My room was clean upon arrival and the beds were comfortable. During my 3 day stay I would come back after a long day and find my room clean and tidy... the maid service was great. I didn't eat or drink here but there were plenty of restaurants, bars and even grocery stores nearby.

The location is fantastic. If you've never been to Baltimore, there are some very dicey neighborhoods and they tend to surprise you. You'll be walking down the street, you turn a corner and suddenly you realize you're not where you want to be. However, everything around this Courtyard was fine. I walked to the harbor (10 minutes at most) to enjoy the view and some excellent seafood.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
PatrickMcmanus, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your recent stay with us that future guests can read. I was happy to see you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you found our front desk staff informative about our hotel. You also mentioned how clean your room was and I will pass that comment onto our housekeepers so they can hear their hard work did not go unnoticed. As you stated, our location gives our guests easy access to the Inner Harbor, but they are also in walking distance of Fells Point and Little Italy. We hope the next time you are in Baltimore, we will see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

I made a reservation at this courtyard because their hotel featured a pool. I was disappointed to find out he pool hours are evening only 5-10 upon checkin. So if this is something important to you, take note. The room I stayed in needed repair in the bathtub. I mentioned this to the staff at the hotel and they told me that the hotel rooms are currently undergoing renovation.

Those are my disappointments but the positives are the hotel staff and management were very responsive to my concerns and ultimately made me feel whole in the process. They allowed me to take a late check out without issue. Assured me that the next time I visit that all of the rooms with be completely finished in the renovation process.

The lobby is nice and inviting, the biggest win at this hotel is definitely their hotel staff! Overall it was a good stay and I plan on going back.

Stayed January 2014
PatrickMcmanus, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry that our pool hours during the week did not work with your schedule. Just as an fyi, if you stay with us again in the future, we do offer complimentary passes to the MAC a full size health club just one & half blocks from the hotel and their pool opens at 6:00am. I know when its this cold out the last thing you want to do is walk to the pool, but I just wanted to let you know that is an option we offer our guests. Also on weekends our pool hours are 10am - 10pm. Also as you stated, we just refinished all of our tubs so they will be shining and new when you return. I do hope we will see you again soon.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed here for a night out together, and this hotel was perfect for our needs. It is right in the heart of Harbor East, and within easy walking distance of Harborplace. There are many restaurants and stores close by. Little Italy is also a short walk.

The parking was easy to find and convenient. We were greeted promptly and warmly by the front desk. The lobby is big and bright! We had a room in the corner on the 10th floor. It was clean and had all of the things I've come to expect from a Marriott brand. As we were leaving to go out, the front desk clerk made a point to check if our room was fine. They also greeted us when we returned - a nice touch.

My only complaint is the noise from the hallway. I know the hotel cannot control the loud volume of guests returning to their rooms at night, but the noise traveled right into our room as if they were standing there next to us.

The cost of the room was awesome, and that makes me want to come and stay here again. This is a nice property.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tomrudz
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This hotel has great front desk service, they are all very friendly and helpful, gave great suggestions for good food and shopping spots as well as coupons for certain stores. This hotel is located downtown so everything is in walking distance. Over all a great hotel that has great employees

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
PatrickMcmanus, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our hotel. I was delighted to read that you found our staff both friendly and helpful. They try their best every day to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel and also know about all the great restaurants and shops in walking distance from our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard for 2 nights. The location really is amazing, there are no views from the hotel, as it's tucked in a few blocks, but we spent so little time in the hotel, we didn't even notice. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the aquarium and the rest of the Inner Harbor, and about 10 minutes the other direction to Fells Point, where all the great restaurants and bars are. The parking is pricey, but you get in-and-out privileges which is great. The staff were all courteous and really friendly. It wasn't a fancy hotel, but was great for our needs.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor for future guests to read about our hotel. I have to agree with you about our location being amazing. Being located in Harbor East gives our guests easy access to the Inner Harbor, Fells Point, and Little Italy. We also have Whole Foods, CVS, and a movie theater all located just a block away. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will come visit us again soon.
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Excellent location close to major restaurants and shops.Also close to the hospital.The staff were very accommodating of my family. Unfortunate food in hotel lobby is not great. But there is a deli close by.

Room Tip: Room 815 has a beautiful view of the harbour.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The Courtyard Inner Harbor is an excellent example of this brand. The newly-redone lobby is well thought-out, the restaurant and bar are well-staffed with very friendly people who also know what they're doing. I found the rooms to be as comfortable as you'd expect in a Courtyard, they're extremely quiet. The hotel is within a easy walk of the Inner Harbor, it's close to a number of excellent restaurants and the neighborhood is interesting and walkable. I've stayed here before, and I'm delighted when I get the chance to stay again. This is on my list of favorite places in Baltimore.

Room Tip: Parking is expensive, but that's the case everywhere in the area of the Inner Harbor. There'...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business