“Affordable, New Inner Harbor Hotel”

Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #19 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The Courtyard by Marriott Inner Harbor will be my new go to hotel when taking a trip to Inner Harbor. I have stayed at multiple hotels in Inner Harbor, and I feel this location also gives you the ability to easily walk to Fells Point, another great neighborhood in Baltimore. The hotel itself is located in an up and coming area just outside the main inner harbor hub, and there are excellent bars and restaurants around the area as well. The walk to inner harbor is less than 5 minutes, and to fells point, less than 10.

Check-in was a breeze, as we arrived early evening for a weekend wedding. My wife checked in while I parked the car. By the time I got down the elevator from the attached parking garage, we had our room keys and we were ready to go. The room was very clean, and the space was comparable to other Courtyards I've stayed at. The lobby offers a variety of food and drinks for purchase, but there are many other options directly outside the hotel.

Overall, for the price, I will def be staying at this hotel on my next trip. The cleanliness, friendliness of the staff, and location put this a notch above other more expensive hotels in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
PatrickMcmanus, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. I am glad we will be your hotel of choice when you are visiting the Inner Harbor area of Baltimore. As you stated, our location gives our guests easy access to the Inner Harbor and also Fells Point and Little Italy. We hope to see you again soon in Harbor East.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

From check-in to check-out this hotel provided a comfortable, welcoming experience. The room was clean and in good condition, the shower never failed to be hot. Every staff member I encountered was pleasant and friendly and eager to provide me a great stay.

Two people earned recognition:
Talking with Arkia Sall when ordering breakfast was wonderful. Her attitude and demeanor sets you on track to have a great day. Everyone was great, but Arkia was enough of a step up that she earned recognition.

Andrea Carter, Assistant GM, took the time to help with my questions and how to do a specific task even though it was busy. Great laugh and very personable, she's a great asset to the hotel.

The next time I am in the area, I will stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have the option, ask the clerk when checking in to help select a room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

I want to thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at our hotel for future guests to read. I was thrilled to read that both Arkia and Andrea provided you which great service and I have shared your comments with them and also our entire team. We all try our best every day to ensure our guest leave happy and satisfied and I am glad we were able to accomplish that during your stay. Also I nice hot shower never hurts. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This Courtyard offered a clean and comfortable room that was ready ahead of check-in time. The strong water pressure in the shower was a delight. The hotel is steps away from the Inner Harbor and an easy walk to Fells Point. Staff were friendly and helpful. Not cheap, but a good deal compared with the area's pricier options.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
PatrickMcmanus, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for your comments and your recent stay with us. I am glad you found our location convenient as it does give our guests easy access to the Inner Harbor, Fells Point and Little Italy. Our staff tries their best to be both informative and friendly and I was happy to read that we provided you with that service. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Excellent staff......especially Andrea. Room very clean, shower great. Best water pressure ever. Staff extremely accommodating!!!! Best place to visit all Inner Harbor attractions. We even walked to Camden Yards!!!!! I would highly recommend this hotel......we were pleased beyond our expectations!!!!! Thank you Courtyard for making us so comfortable!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
PatrickMcmanus, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at our hotel. I was delighted to read that we exceeded your expectations and that Andrea our AGM was especially helpful. I will share your comments with the entire staff and we do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This location is ideal for access to Fells Point and Little Italy, Aquarium, etc..... all within walking distance to best restaurants and attractions. Downside is the $23 parking fee (paid in advance) (private garage attached to hotel). Do not make the mistake of forgetting you have this. My husband wasted $18 upon exiting to travel to a sports event out of town. Hotel would not take the original $23 off the bill; offered additional points to my rewards card... really? Otherwise we left car in garage. On way out we tried the access card and the attendant did an override.... what an angel. Majority of front desk staff is very friendly upon entering hotel (during the day). Free coffee is only in room. Suite was clean and perfect location. We upgraded from a king and sofa bed room to a suite, no cost! Free wi-fi on my I-phone but was unable to access via my Microsoft Surface, annoying but I lived with it. Also, prior to 11 am, maid knocked on door. We had a late check out for 12 pm, thought that should have been communicated to housekeeping. Overall, this was a very nice place, I love Marriotts.

Room Tip: Corner suite, with access to two water views!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dianne D
PatrickMcmanus, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for posting your comments. I apologize about the confusion with the parking garage attached to our hotel. We do not actually run the garage, but it seems we miscommunicated how the charges and in and out privileges work to you and your husband. As you stated, many areas of the city are in walking distance of the hotel and guests really don’t even need to move their cars once they arrive. I am going to follow up with our front desk staff and housekeeping staffs to ensure we are communicating late outs so that our guests are not disturbed. Again, I am sorry that you encountered these issues and I do hope you will five us another try the next time you are in Baltimore.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I travel at least three nights a week and have always traveled a lot with my job so I have spent a lot of time in hotels. This particular hotel gets it and without a doubt provided the best hotel experience I've ever encountered. From the front desk employees to the restaurant personnel everyone there made you feel important and that your stay was important to them. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Baltimore.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rob I

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I will be sharing your wonderful comments with our entire team in our daily meeting so they can hear firsthand how their efforts positively impacted your stay. We do try our best to ensure our guests leave our hotel happy and satisfied. Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

First, Dinea at the front desk was exceptionally helpful and welcoming. The location is fabulous. You can walk to anything in the Inner Harbor and Little Italy. The room was clean and housekeeping seemed really diligent. The room itself was an unremarkable, small, marriott room, but served our purpose for a family trip. It was great to have an empty small fridge in the room with a Whole Foods and CVS right next door. The AC was strong, but the bathroom venting weak. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your comments and I want you to know that you just made Denia’s day. As our Guest Services Manager, she really loves her job and tries to welcome all our guests into her hotel and she will be thrilled to hear your comments. As you also stated, our location gives our guests access to many amenities in the city and I am glad it worked for you and your family. Hopefully we will see you again soon.