“BED BUGS.”

Mt. Washington Conference Center
Ranked #46 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Loved location and balcony.. That is it. Stayed 08/10/2014 and was bitten by bed bugs. Upon arrival room seemed clean but right before checkout when I checked under beds to make sure I didn't find anything I found garbage and dust and and kinds of crap under there. Disgusting. Soon after we checked out I notice I have 3 little bites on my leg in the shape of a triangle and my boyfriend had the same triangle bites but he had more than I did. Bed bugs. Throwing out all my luggage and clothing and have to get my car detailed. Do not stay here unless you want a bed bug infestation.

• Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank mcgrawsam
Kelly S, Manager at Mt. Washington Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for your review and for speaking with me on the phone. As we discussed we take this concern very seriously and immediately contacted our pest contractor. The room was inspected thoroughly by Western Pest and no trace of bed bugs were found. As an added precaution we had the room treated and periodically all rooms are routinely exterminated.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great value. My wife and I stayed there for 2 nights in the historic octagon. The room was unique and nicely decorated. We would stay there again. Not your typical hotel, very nice for a change. The views from the balcony were amazing

Room Tip: The rooms in the octagon area are the way to go
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

As I approached the attractive entrance to the conference center atop Mount Washington's expansive manicured lawns and colorful gardens, I thought " So far so good". I pulled into the bricked circular drive to check into the hotel. No one was at the desk. I dawdled a bit and finally a clerk appeared. As I stood at the desk she eventually asked if I needed anything. No welcome or verbal niceties from this one...After 30 minutes she finally presented me with a room number and key pass. I got to my room only to find someone else in it! Exhausted and a tad miffed, I found a nice housekeeping staff person who helpfully called the manager who apologized and upgraded me to the historical Octagon section of the hotel. This is where the fun begins. The Octagon oozes with charm. The room was commodious with floor to ceiling windows, a stocked kitchenette, and lovely antiques. The bed was well appointed and comfy. The bathroom was tired, but charming none the less. During check out I was coldly processed out by the same unfriendly clerk. I would have given this hotel a better rating if its front desk staff was consistently more welcoming and efficient.

Room Tip: I only briefly saw the original room I was assigned which was in the new section. I looked fine and...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank merryleslie
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband and I recently spent 6 nights in this hotel. The front desk staff were extremely pleasant, but overall service was poor. I don't think the room was dusted at all during our stay. We had to ask for soap, tissue, toilet paper and coffee to be replenished, since this was not automatically done when they were used up. The water pressure and drainage in both basin and bath were horrendous (made us wonder hat was blocking the pipes!), and we were told that this was a known problem in the hotel. We won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sandy S

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are addressing your concerns with our housekeeping team. Please be assured this is not our standard of service and we apologize for falling short of expectations.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Affordable, clean, comfortable and located 15 minutes from Inner harbour off Rt 83, this hotel was great find. Our spacious room had 2 very comfortable beds and a balcony which over looked a wooded area. It was very quiet. It was located within walking distance to the village of Mt Washington (a few restaurants, shops and bars) and the light rail station. We stayed 1 night and had a late checkout of 1:30pm. Continental breakfast and WIFI were included. The grounds surrounding the convention center were beautiful - up on a hill, in a wooded area.

The only problem we had was finding the hotel (even with a GPS) as we did not know it was located on campus and there was not much signage. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Doogerdog
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband stays here regularly while in the area on business. The grounds are lovely and just a short walk to the quaint village of Mt. Washington. A light self serve breakfast is always available. Staff is friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: All the rooms we've stayed in were typical hotel rooms. Clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Our alumnae group of about 50 people had a high tea celebration here, and a personal tour of our former College, Mt. St. Agnes. Everyone here was wonderful to us, and went out of their way to make our visit memorable. The food at the tea was very nice, and wonderfully served. We had a great time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baltimore
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
#31 of 66 in Baltimore
Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel
Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center
Radisson Hotel North Baltimore

Been to Mt. Washington Conference Center? Share your experiences!