“overbooking cancellation”

Ranked #27 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Detroit
“overbooking cancellation”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I have booked this hotel through Priceline; they called me two days before the trip to tell that the hotel is overbooked and would not honor my reservations (which was fully paid for). They made it sound as if overbooking was like a tsunami they have absolutely no control for. They offered to book me in another hotel, but it was almost 10 mile north further from the convention center I would have to go to every day and I was not planning to rent a car. I refused and spent another couple of hours on hold with Priceline to cancel my reservation. Priceline did not offer anything either but at least they apologized. Ouch!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
TomCookGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Dear tagor007,

We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced in regards to your recent reservation via Priceline.com.

We understand your frustration and wish we could have contacted you ourselves prior to the date of your arrival. Unfortunately when a booking is made through a website such as Priceline.com we do not have access to any of the guest contact information associated with the reservation.

Due to the fact that we had not means of contact for you we contacted Priceline.com prior to your arrival to ensure that you were informed that alternative accommodations had been made at another hotel in advance in an attempt to make this situation as painless as possible.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. If you would like to discuss this further please contact the hotel directly.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
New Jersey
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Pros:This was our first time staying here and we thought it was wonderful. We liked the country location, large rooms and the decor was very nice as well as the well kept rooms. The speed number beds were a comfort to sleep in once we found our numbers. The staff was very helpful, the parking and local shopping was excellent, when I say local, I mean right under your noses, very nice. There is plently of room to raom around the area safely. We loved the safe parking with the elevator right there to take you up to your rooms. Very close to places we wanted to go, visit family, down town harbor etc.. We will definitely be returning in th near future.
Cons: Seasonal air and heating system. The staff accommodated with us with a space heater which was very nice.

Room Tip: We ask for a quit room location with a good view and we got it. We ask in "advance" for ea...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
New York, NY
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Pros:
- Location ideal for visiting family/friends in Baltimore area (just off of Rt. 83)
- Lovely neighborhood with Cross Keys shopping
- Staff at hotel are very good
- Easy parking

Cons:
- Small rooms, dark rooms
- Very dated, worn out, drab interior (rooms essentially falling apart)
- Small box t.v. in room

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank HonestAbeNY
chico
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Location is wonderful, outside of downtown and close to Loyola. Surrounded by lovely little shopping center, which has some great stores, even though it is small. Quiet location. Hotel lobby is clean and spacious. Front desk staff is courteous and helpful. I had previously been told when I stopped in on last visit, to call directly for Loyola rate, but when I called to make reservation they transferred me to general Radisson reservation line and there was no discount. I found rate cheaper online, and didn't make reservation thru Radisson.
Hotel rooms were well-worn and a little run-down. They were clean enough, but are in desperate need of an update and freshening. Room smelled a bit and didn't have good quality pillows, bedding, towels or furniture. I might stay here again just for location, but most likely will not until updated. Wasn't awful, just not great.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank maryChico
chesterfield, va
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Came up for a quick Christmas with my family. Booked this hotel for 2 reasons....proximity to my brother's house and they take pets. The hotel is in a great location, outside of the city and within the Cross Keys shopping plaza. There is plenty of room to roam around and shops to see if you want to experience that aspect of the area. I loved it b/c it was only 2 miles from my family's house where we were celebrating the holidays. They also take dogs of all sizes for only $25/night. We have an aging lab and was so happy that he could come with us b/c it's very difficult to find a hotel close to my brother's (not in the city) that will take dogs. Plus the room they gave us ( junior suite) was fantastic. Large enough for my husband and I and the pup to spread out. Only negative was we were really far from the elevator (tough for a 14 yr old dog to walk)- but it was fine. He did great and I think enjoyed the trip as much as a dog could.

The room was large, sleep number bed, older decor and amenities but overall a good value for what you pay. Location perfect and the hotel was empty so we had no issues parking or with noisy neighbors. I beliefve the hotel will be going through some renovations soon as we saw some design boards in the lobby. If they get some upgraded amenities to their rooms this place will be perfect. The wifi worked fine for me and I had no issues.

There was a bar downstairs but we didn't order any food, only a few drinks. They were pricy but it's a hotel so you can expect that. Overall this place gets a thumbs up from me. We'll be back next time we make a trip to my brother's again!

Room Tip: The layout of the hotel is odd so I don't think there is a bad room in the hotel. I would of co...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Nikki S
virginia
Reviewed 20 November 2012

After reading other reviews, I almost did not book at this hotel, but it was very nice. Rooms were a little dated, but clean and the sleep number beds were very comfortable. Food in the hotel restaurant was great - and there is a nice bar where you can order takeout food for your room. There is also a fantastic cafe right next door.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth D
NJ
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Nice hotel and great location, but the heating/cooling system is the craziest I have ever encountered. We were told upon check in that there was a dual air system that we could not adjust. Huh? Our stay was in October and the weather was sunny and lovely in the upper 60s in the daytime. Our room, however, had extreme fluctuations in the temperature. By day, cold air was blowing continually so that the room temp was below 50 degrees. We were freezing. When we came back from dinner, heat was blowing to the point that in the middle of the night, it was 89 degrees in the room and we were left sweating and unable to sleep. Like a hot, humid night in NYC with no air conditioning. Forced air was noisy too. No way for the guest to alter individual room temps so you go from freezing to sauna temperatures. Who came up with this system for controlled air? Unbearable.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, 17 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We appreciate your comments so that we can improve our standards and address areas that need attention.