“Clean Hotel in northern Baltimore City.”

Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
Ranked #29 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Baltimore
“Clean Hotel in northern Baltimore City.”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here recently for a night a had a decent stay. It's located in more of the northern part of Baltimore City in the Village of Cross Keys-a predominately residential area.
The hotel itself was an older property but was clean and had attentive staff.

Our room was comfortable and they were fitted with "sleep by number" beds that were decent. Took a few tries to figure out what setting was to our liking.
Walls seemed a bit thin as we could easily hear the tv from the adjacent room.
We had breakfast at a small cafe in the hotel and it was both good and convenient.
Only negative was we had some issues with the tv getting a few stations clearly.
We'd stay again if in the area.

1 Thank pacolsu
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Pacolsu,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. We have shared your feedback about the channel signal with our team so they can monitor that quality and make adjustments to improve. If you recall the specific channels you had difficulty with please let me know so I can offer them further direction. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
poole, uk
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of this hotel for the price of the rooms. The rooms were very large and had an extremely comfortable bed (which you could control the firmness of by remote control!!). It is situated in a very pleasant part of Baltimore, and the free shuttle takes you to the Harbourfront at set times every day. We were a little disappointed to discover on one occasion that the shuttle had abandoned our pick-up from the harbour because of snowfall. However this is a small issue. We were also within an affordable cab-ride's distance from the Baltimore Museum of Art which is well worth the visit. We did not eat in the hotel restaurant because there is a large selection of shops at the hotel and one of these is a cafe serving fabulous breakfasts. I can recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a quieter and more affordable stay out of the hustle and bustle of downtown Baltimore yet with easy access to the tourist sites.

Helwise,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. I am pleased that you found the location and hotel amenities perfect for your visit. Please accept my apologies that the weather interfered with your plans, but I am glad that you got a chance to visit the museum and Harborfront. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to a chance to welcome you back again.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The room was very nice with high ceilings, the bathroom was clean, and the gym area was fine. There was also a covered parking garage. However, we had multiple issues with the free shuttle offered to downtown Baltimore (about a 15 minute ride). On our first day, we requested a shuttle at 2:30pm, a time they advertised at the front desk, but were told the shuttle would not arrive for another 45 minutes. The following day, we took the morning shuttle at 9:30am to the National Aquarium. We scheduled a ride to pick us up at 3:15pm in order for us to get to our rental car and to the airport for our late flight. However, our flight was cancelled and we rescheduled for earlier, and called the hotel from the Aquarium to request a ride back as early as possible. When we called, they said that due to snow (which had just started) they would not be running the shuttle because it would be 'hazardous for them'. They continued to say that we needed to get a cab, which would cost from 12-15$ - however, our cab cost us 20$ and the added stress. If you plan on staying for one night, this hotel was fine, but don't bother trying to take the shuttle anywhere. Also, the grab-and-go breakfast consisted of just coffee, tea and some fruit - so although they make it seem like it's worth it to get up early for, it's not!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best “Yes I Can!” service. While safety for our guests is our first priority we should have offered another choice for transportation. This would have ensured that you and your family would have made it back to the hotel safely and stress free. I will be sharing your concerns with my Management and Front Office Team. We will certainly look at how we handle any of our future shuttle requests from our guests when dealing with bad weather. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Heather Prince, Executive Assistant.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We selected the Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys primarily because we were spending the weekend in the area and it was close to our family's activities. It was a good choice, primarily because of the proximity to our family. We would have liked a hotel with a pool because our grandkids were also at the hotel, but did not want to stay downtown or further north in the Baltimore suburbs. The hotel is undergoing a renovation and we were in a new room with a Sleep Number bed. We own a Sleep Number and were pleased with the availability. Cross Keys is a shopping area with several upscale shops in which we purchased several items. The restaurant is also undergoing updating and is rather small so we selected the close-by cafe (just across a small courtyard) and had two great breakfasts.

Room Tip: If you're going in the near future, make sure you get a renovated room and on the side of the ho...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank edlexin
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Ed Lexin,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It was a pleasure to have you and your family at our hotel. We are so delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed your room, with all of its distinctive amenities. As you have pointed out, we too are excited about the changes that have been made with the renovation and appreciate the specific feedback about how we are improving. We hope to have a chance to welcome you back again soon.
Saddle River, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We had a wedding to attend in Baltimore and this was one of the recommended hotels. At the time the reservation was made, I indicated that we would require early check in as the wedding began at 4 PM and we needed to get dressed after arrival. (We were traveling over 3 hours by car and we would not be traveling in the clothes we were wearing to the wedding). I was told to call on the morning we were to arrive to remind them of this request and they would see what they could do. We had also booked 2 rooms - one for my husband and I and one for our adult son.

On Saturday morning, I called the hotel and again requested early check in. I was told that they had sold the night before out but I gave them the information and estimated the time we would be arriving.

When we arrived, one room was ready and we were told that there were no other rooms available then. As soon as I walked away from the registration desk, a large party arrived and they were able to check in immediately! I then went back to the desk and after pointing out that a large party had just checked in, a room was miraculously available!

When we got the the room, I noticed that there was a breeze. It ends up that a window was open. I went to shut it and the crank to close the window did not work. My husband had to take the screen out and manually shut the window!

We noticed that they had sleep number beds. My husband went to try it, only there was no battery in the control unit. Housekeeping was in the hall so we brought it to their attention. Housekeeping had to call engineering and eventually, a battery was put into the unit.

The next morning (Sunday), we were awoken with the sounds of children yelling in the halls (at 7:30 AM). I guess additional soundproofing is required. We found out that my son had night visitors. People knocked on his door - expecting to find a party at 11 PM. It ends up that they had the wrong room number but they were kind enough to offer him beer to compensate for the disruption. However, the prior occupant had set the alarm for 5:45 AM and housekeeping did not turn off the alarm. So my son who has trouble getting up before noon, had his sleep interrupted by an alarm that was set by a previous guest.

We were invited to breakfast the next morning in a private room in the hotel. When we arrived at the appointed time, the hotels was still setting up the room. The comment was, that they did not expect us to be on time after a wedding the night before. After our orders were taken, they brought out pastry. According to the host (who was sitting next to me), the pastry was supposed to have been out when we arrived. When it did arrive, it was cold. I had bagel and lox. The bagel was not freshly made- it seemed like it was packaged from a company like Lenders. I was told that the eggs were okay.

We checked out and when I got home, I realized that I did not have my license. The last time I had it was when I gave it to the registration clerk when we checked in to the second room. I called the hotel back and the person who answered the phone was less than helpful. She claimed that she was not there on Saturday and since there was not envelope with it at the front desk or in the safe, they didn't have it. The bottom line is that I don't have my license and the last time it was seen was in the hands of a Radisson employee.

I have continued to receive offers from the Radisson to join their rewards program. I think hell will freeze over before that happens.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Barbara,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your comments with us. We utilize all guest feedback to continue improving the high level of service that we provide. Please accept my sincere apologies for your experiences. It is certainly not indicative of a typical stay. We have discussed it with our team to ensure that all opportunities are taken to eliminate the occurrences you mentioned such as the room maintenance items, alarm clock, and the readiness of the event breakfast. I hope to have a chance to follow up on your concerns further and that you will consider reaching out to me. I would like to look into your license again for you and see if it was turned in. Please reach out to me at your convenience. I look forward to speaking with you soon.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed here years ago and was very pleased. The rooms are spacious. Several years ago, I was less impressed. Rooms were not clean, we lost power for several hours during a storm; it seemed as though it had taken a step down. On my most recent stay (10/13), it took about a half hour to check in. They "lost connection" to Expedia, and couldn't find the reservation, and couldn't check us in without it. This affected me and at least 5 other people at the same time. Apparently it had been a problem for at least a day. The staff blamed Expedia. Also, at 4PM on a Saturday there were no rooms with king beds left; only doubles. Finally when we got to our room, it had been incompletely cleaned. A white substance (?cake icing-I hope) was hanging in two places from a bedside table. The location is great, but I won't be coming back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PeteofBrooklyn
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We regret to hear about your disappointment in the room you received. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of your room, especially the suspect white substance. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards.
Point Pleasant, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Huge rooms. Very clean. I received an upgrade and an instant response from management when I wasn't happy with a pizza. Food service is being revised. TV's could be a little larger considering the size of the room and distance from the bed. Nice pool and grounds. Inside the Cross Keys Mall in Baltimore.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Walt,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Our goal is to provide superior service and accommodations to each and every guest that stays with us. As you have pointed out, we too are excited about the changes that have been made with the renovation and appreciate the specific feedback about how we are improving. All of the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests. Each survey we receive is reviewed and shared with every associate in an effort to improve the service and accommodations that we provide our guests. We thank you for your candid feedback, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Portfolio Reputation Manager