“Renovated and beautiful! Don't have to leave the Hotel.”

Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
Ranked #27 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Berlin, Maryland
“Renovated and beautiful! Don't have to leave the Hotel.”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Wonderful customer service, free parking underground ( no weather issues), delicious Restaurant and great rooms.
Management couldn't be nicer.
Made us feel very welcomed.
There is shopping and another
Restaurant within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank JMbeach
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
JM Beach,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Portfolio Reputation Manager - Radisson Cross Keys

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Bend
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Have you ever stayed somewhere that you'd like to trade in the staff for your family? Well this is the place. The service we received was amazing. All the people we dealt with went above and beyond what is normally expected in a hotel. While there are serious limitations on amenities, such as getting food after hours or the selection of spirits in the lounge those are very minor inconveniences compared to the service that was provided by the staff. The hotel is not very large and stays 100% booked from April to October so it is worth reserving early. If you need to be in Baltimore and you want a quiet, comfortable place to stay, this is it.

Room Tip: Get a room with a sleep number bed. They are very comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LavaEdge
Lava Edge,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. All of the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. We truly believe that service should be provided with one purpose in mind, to create memorable moments for you and the ones you love. We can’t wait to welcome you back.
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I was referred to this hotel when the one I originally booked was oversold. I was not disappointed at all! The hotel is located within minutes of the Mt Washington Village area and the Johns Hopkins at Mt Washington campus on busy Falls Road but behind a very nice shopping center (Village at Cross Keys) with stores like William Sonoma, Pied Piper and Talbots. There is a parking garage that connects the hotel to the shopping and there is a nice restaurant - Scoozi - on site. Its a little expensive but the food is very good. Room service is terrific and you will enjoy the polite energetic gentleman on the telephone who will call you by name and make recommendations as you order. Portions are large (especially the salads - not sides but full dinners.) The rooms are furnished with modern style furniture and modern fixtures in the updated bathrooms. They have sleep number beds, which I found to be very comfortable at #40 but I wasn't able to change numbers on both sides of the Queen bed (thus the lower over all rating.) The room was very clean and fully stocked with luxury bath products, and a full stock of coffee, tea (AND the creamers and sugar.) I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Karen,
I am so pleased that the unexpected change in your travel gave you an opportunity to stay with us, and that we exceeded your expectations. We are happy that you found the location to be perfect for your visit, and that the service and new renovations helped to enhance your visit. I do apologize that you experienced difficulty with your bedding, we are systematically replacing them as difficulties arise. We hope that you have a chance to join us again soon.
Northfield, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Radisson at Cross Keys for a business trip. I have to say, I was totally blown away!

The physical product along with the "going above and beyond attitude" from all of the staff made a normal weekly business trip into something special! I so enjoyed the comfort of the room. It was beautiful and relaxing. The bed (which allows you to determine how soft or hard the mattress should be), the work area, the lighting, the ac/heat control, the numerous outlets for your personal arsenal of computers, iphones, ipads, etc along with the fantastic wifi connectivity were all beyond exceptional!

I would also like to give a shout out to Anita from Housekeeping. So very pleasant and so very good at what she does.

One more thing - be sure to eat in the restaurant. The pizza and the crabcakes were some of my favorites. The Rocket Salad with the pistachio also a winner!

Thank you Radisson at Cross Keys for a fantastic week!

Room Tip: Be sure to try the restaurant. Scoozi's food very good and the price points are affordable!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Cathy,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts, we will be sure to specially recognize Anita for the positive impact she had on your visit. We are so delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed the hotel, with all of its distinctive amenities such as our beds, wifi connections, and the new decor. Scoozi will be pleased to know that you loved everything from your salad and crab cakes to our fresh fired pizza. You're welcome for a fantastic week and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Check in was hectic due to a wedding we were attending. Rooms were not ready @ 3:30 pm & everyone was all over the place. The room was clean, comfortable & well decorated. The only problem I experienced was the crank on the window was broke, so I had to remove the screen to manually close it. The thermostat did not work properly, WHATS THE DEAL WITH RADISSON'S THERMOSTATS????? This is the second Radisson I have stayed at where the thermostat did not work properly. The auto function did not work, therefore it ran all night. I thought it was too expensive and I received a special rate for the wedding.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mikea168
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Mikea,
I am pleased that you were able to join us for the recent wedding. I am pleased that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. Please accept my apologies that we missed some opportunities to provide you with a flawless experience. Please know that we will use your feedback to make improvements to the room. Please contact me directly so I have a chance to follow up with your concerns. I hope to have a chance to welcome you back.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com
313-253-4344
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This hotel is tucked behind Cross Keys shopping plaza in a nicer area of town near Loyola University and Baltimore Country Club. While it's positioned on the "north" side of town, it's a very short drive into the inner harbor and other areas. Don't be concerned about the quick commute. There are several retail shops (Chico's, hair salon, brunch cafe) nearby but there are no other restaurants within walking distance. The rooms are typical hotel size, contemporary style. There is both a parking lot and garage, warning the garage is old and worn out. The suites have fantastic size and worth the additional money. However once you get past the surface there are some things you should consider depending on your needs.

All of the comments I've read on the recent reviews were accurate - the fitted sheets never stayed on any night, any of the beds, and the sleep number beds seem fun but in my opinion really aren't all that comfortable. The walls are incredibly thin and it seems like the last 3 times I've been here there are very loud folks returning to their rooms after 1am - including a 15 minutes loud conversation and goofing off this most recent time. The Manager on duty couldn't seem to accurately direct me to ice/vending and there are no signs. I had to wait 90 minutes for 2 extra clean shower towels. (We had 4 in our room) And lastly, they must permit animals in the hotel and of course I seem to always get a room next to one. The first night I heard a crash and loud yelling and crying - thinking it was a kid, then the next night I heard more and figured out it was a dog. Crazy and annoying. The only other FYI is that the water pressure in the shower is weak.

Possibly a coincidence, but we booked this hotel because it had a pool and fitness room. The pool was closed - with no notice to us and the fitness room had some pretty old and limited equipment. This was a huge bummer for us with kids on spring break. They were very disappointed.

On the positive side, the rooms are updated and spotless. I found the housekeeping staff to be really good and friendly. They have good work space in the room, and comfortable layouts. The wireless internet was great and had no issues. My kids found the TV to have good choices as well. Coffee/tea in room and a clean single cup maker. Both the restaurant in the hotel and the cafe next door (breakfast/lunch) are really great and reasonably priced. We enjoyed both.

Room Tip: Ask about animals in rooms nearby and available suites.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ali M
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Ali,
Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your last visit. Your fellow travelers find guest reviews very helpful, and I appreciate you spending the time to leave your detailed review of the hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel overall. Please know that your other comments will be used to make changes to improve your future experiences with us. We are very proud of the improvements we have made to the hotel through renovation and appreciate the specific feedback about how we are improving. We look forward to a chance to welcome you back again soon.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed at the Radisson Cross Keys on 3/15. The service was wonderful and the room was clean. The restaurant was terrific. My only complaint was that the room temperature was 74 degrees when we checked in. We turned on the A/C, and the temperature climbed to 77. We contacted the front desk who sent an engineer up. After he attempted to lower the temperature (with no success), we asked him if we could switch rooms. He said that it would not help. The hotel was aware of the temperature problem because the entire hotel was having difficulty regulating the temperature. He said that at best, he could provide us with an oscillating fan. I was contacted via email by management to "discuss compensation," but none of my calls or emails have been returned. Stay somewhere else (unless you like your room at 74-77 degrees).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PJ G
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
PJ,
Thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.com. We have the greatest concern and respect for every guest’s experience. Please accept my sincere apologies that we missed an opportunity to provide you with a flawless experience. The situation you encountered was based on some unexpected maintenance at the adjoining Village of Cross Keys, and has since been resolved. I understand that our team has reached out to you again to ensure that we were able to follow up on your concerns. In the event that there is anything else we can do to follow up on your concerns please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. We look forward to a chance to welcome you back again soon.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com