“Stunning Renovation!!”

Ranked #28 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Kinzers, PA
“Stunning Renovation!!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stay at this hotel often during business trips and could not be more excited about the stunning renovations that have been made.
The rooms are incredibly spacious, some with vaulted ceilings. The new decor is very chic, feeling more like New York City, with so much more space.
The new restaurant, "Scoozi" has such amazing food. I found myself at a loss for words eating the pancakes. Pancakes! How can they be better than anywhere else? Whatever they're doing, it's working.
The staff is like family. I feel like a VIP every time I visit. It's truly my home away from home in Baltimore.
I definitely recommend this hotel for business travelers, families, and couples.
If you stayed here before the renovations, make sure you check it out again. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a vaulted ceiling, I believe it's the 4th floor. It makes the room feel so much...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Patriette
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Patriette,
Thank you so much for your loyalty. It is always a pleasure to welcome you in. On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. As you have pointed out, we too are excited about the changes that have been made with the renovation and appreciate the specific feedback about how we are improving. All of the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests and we will be sure to share your feedback with them. We look forward to continuing to welcome you back.
Portfolio Reputation Manager - Radisson Cross Keys

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here one night for a wedding in the area and it was a comfortable stay, in an odd location. The hotel is attached to a shopping center inside a gated area off of Falls Road (after a certain time of night, you have to tell the gate attendant your last name and where you're going, which I didn't appreciate but others might find comfort in). While the shopping center has two restaurants and the hotel has one restaurant, there aren't really any interesting things to do in walking distance and we relied on cabs and Uber. (Note: the hotel offers a free shuttle to Inner Harbor attractions and area hotels, but you have to reserve in advance.)

The lobby has a lot of seating options, and fruit-infused water. Check-in was very slow although there were only 2 parties ahead of us - they only have two computers to process reservations, so a third employee was just standing there doing nothing. The check-in was friendly but there were some issues: the two parties ahead of us both requested king beds but were given queen beds, because two of the employees didn't know how to access all the available rooms. We were assigned one room but it was not yet available at 3pm, and we stood around waiting for them to find a room that was ready. When we got to the room, the towels hadn't been restocked yet.

The room was large, and the Sleep Number bed worked fine. I appreciated the makeup mirror in the bathroom and the bottles of water provided in the room, as well as the various outlets within arm's-reach of the bed.

Housekeeping knocked on our door at 10 am (check-out is noon), and there was no "Do not disturb" sign available to hang on the doorknob. There was also no deadbolt on the door, so when the cleaning person started to open the door, she was able to open the door a few inches before the flip lock stopped it. As a female traveler, I would've appreciated a second lock that would prevent anyone from opening the door even that far.

If I were staying in the Hopkins area again, I'd probably choose a hotel within walking distance of the campus. However, if you have a car and enjoy a quiet, suburban environment, then this hotel is a decent value.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank MsRCY
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Ms. RCY,
Thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.com. We truly value your input and very much rely on you to help us improve. Please accept my apologies that we missed some opportunities to provide you with a flawless experience, we will share your feedback with our team as a training opportunity. We thank you for your candid feedback, and hope that you will choose to stay with us should you visit the area again.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com
313-253-4344
Berlin, Maryland
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Wonderful customer service, free parking underground ( no weather issues), delicious Restaurant and great rooms.
Management couldn't be nicer.
Made us feel very welcomed.
There is shopping and another
Restaurant within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank JMbeach
JM Beach,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Bend
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Have you ever stayed somewhere that you'd like to trade in the staff for your family? Well this is the place. The service we received was amazing. All the people we dealt with went above and beyond what is normally expected in a hotel. While there are serious limitations on amenities, such as getting food after hours or the selection of spirits in the lounge those are very minor inconveniences compared to the service that was provided by the staff. The hotel is not very large and stays 100% booked from April to October so it is worth reserving early. If you need to be in Baltimore and you want a quiet, comfortable place to stay, this is it.

Room Tip: Get a room with a sleep number bed. They are very comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LavaEdge
Lava Edge,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. All of the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. We truly believe that service should be provided with one purpose in mind, to create memorable moments for you and the ones you love. We can’t wait to welcome you back.
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I was referred to this hotel when the one I originally booked was oversold. I was not disappointed at all! The hotel is located within minutes of the Mt Washington Village area and the Johns Hopkins at Mt Washington campus on busy Falls Road but behind a very nice shopping center (Village at Cross Keys) with stores like William Sonoma, Pied Piper and Talbots. There is a parking garage that connects the hotel to the shopping and there is a nice restaurant - Scoozi - on site. Its a little expensive but the food is very good. Room service is terrific and you will enjoy the polite energetic gentleman on the telephone who will call you by name and make recommendations as you order. Portions are large (especially the salads - not sides but full dinners.) The rooms are furnished with modern style furniture and modern fixtures in the updated bathrooms. They have sleep number beds, which I found to be very comfortable at #40 but I wasn't able to change numbers on both sides of the Queen bed (thus the lower over all rating.) The room was very clean and fully stocked with luxury bath products, and a full stock of coffee, tea (AND the creamers and sugar.) I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Karen,
I am so pleased that the unexpected change in your travel gave you an opportunity to stay with us, and that we exceeded your expectations. We are happy that you found the location to be perfect for your visit, and that the service and new renovations helped to enhance your visit. I do apologize that you experienced difficulty with your bedding, we are systematically replacing them as difficulties arise. We hope that you have a chance to join us again soon.
Northfield, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Radisson at Cross Keys for a business trip. I have to say, I was totally blown away!

The physical product along with the "going above and beyond attitude" from all of the staff made a normal weekly business trip into something special! I so enjoyed the comfort of the room. It was beautiful and relaxing. The bed (which allows you to determine how soft or hard the mattress should be), the work area, the lighting, the ac/heat control, the numerous outlets for your personal arsenal of computers, iphones, ipads, etc along with the fantastic wifi connectivity were all beyond exceptional!

I would also like to give a shout out to Anita from Housekeeping. So very pleasant and so very good at what she does.

One more thing - be sure to eat in the restaurant. The pizza and the crabcakes were some of my favorites. The Rocket Salad with the pistachio also a winner!

Thank you Radisson at Cross Keys for a fantastic week!

Room Tip: Be sure to try the restaurant. Scoozi's food very good and the price points are affordable!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Cathy,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts, we will be sure to specially recognize Anita for the positive impact she had on your visit. We are so delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed the hotel, with all of its distinctive amenities such as our beds, wifi connections, and the new decor. Scoozi will be pleased to know that you loved everything from your salad and crab cakes to our fresh fired pizza. You're welcome for a fantastic week and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Check in was hectic due to a wedding we were attending. Rooms were not ready @ 3:30 pm & everyone was all over the place. The room was clean, comfortable & well decorated. The only problem I experienced was the crank on the window was broke, so I had to remove the screen to manually close it. The thermostat did not work properly, WHATS THE DEAL WITH RADISSON'S THERMOSTATS????? This is the second Radisson I have stayed at where the thermostat did not work properly. The auto function did not work, therefore it ran all night. I thought it was too expensive and I received a special rate for the wedding.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mikea168
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Mikea,
I am pleased that you were able to join us for the recent wedding. I am pleased that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. Please accept my apologies that we missed some opportunities to provide you with a flawless experience. Please know that we will use your feedback to make improvements to the room. Please contact me directly so I have a chance to follow up with your concerns. I hope to have a chance to welcome you back.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com