“Perfect Getaway Hotel”

Ranked #27 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Somerset, United States
“Perfect Getaway Hotel”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This hotel was clean and the employees were all very pleasant. Free internet, free shuttle to the Aquarium, and free spa products were all great amenities! Overall, we had a perfect weekend at your hotel! We loved the sleep number beds too! :)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Philadelphia, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The hotel was great, I actually made my reservation the day of my stay. Had to go to Baltimore for a family death, was tired did not want to drive back to Philly. Chose to use some of my Radisson points and stay the night. It was a good place to relax and rest.

Medford, New York
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Convenient location, wonderfully renovated rooms since our last visit, hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. Also the fitness center was excellently renovated. i even took a dip in the pool for probably the last time this summer and that was great. My only issue is the restaurant on site is not of my liking.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This place was booked by the date of the wedding! I was able to check in and out very quickly, the rooms were clean, and fully equipped with everything and anything you needed! The sleep number bed was great! The best part is that I was able to take my four legged best friend along with us! Shes a beagle mix! No issues there, just took the crate to avoid any disaster! I would definitely be back at this hotel for my next trip to Baltimore. Oh yeah, did i mention they had a shuttle every 15 minutes, awesome driver btw!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Jersey Shore
Reviewed 16 August 2014

It looks ok if you don't look too close...
Within five minutes of checking in I was stuck in the bathroom because the door was warped. My son had to push it open with all his body weight. Had I been alone, I'd have had to pound on the walls until help came.
The door to the room wouldn't close unless we slammed it. All the room doors are so loud when they close.
I could hear the person in the next room peeing, flushing and washing.
I didn't pay $40 for the Sleep Number bed upgrade so I got a crappy thin old mattress. That was made up with threadbare, pilled sheets. They were so wrinkled I wasn't sure they were clean.
Some black stuff was growing on the ceiling. Maybe from the same leak that made the parking garage look like it is going to collapse.
The mall looks like it has seen more popular days.
No fridge. The room was so dark.
On the up side the furniture was newer and nice. It was cheaper than downtown and a short drive to Hopkins and Loyola, which was the purpose of our trip. I don't think I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
1 Thank travelgirl88
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Travel Girl,
I am pleased that you found the location and price of the hotel to be convenient for you. I regret that we fell short in providing the exceptional service that you should expect when visiting us. Please know that we will address the concerns in your room. We recently underwent a hotel refresh to improve our guest experience and I am disappointed to hear that your experience did not reflect this. Please contact me directly so I have a chance to follow up on your concerns. I look forward to regaining your trust during future visits.
Enjoy today!
Emily P Dailey
Portfolio Reputation Manager - Radisson Cross Keys
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com
313-253-4344
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed here because it was too expensive to stay on the harbor and this hotel had great reviews and was recently renovated. Very nice hotel. Very beautiful location. Lots of stores right at the hotel if you like to shop (old lady stores though). Downside, staff was not rude, but not particularly pleasant on the phone. For ex., when I booked, I was told I could call back the day before to request early check-in and particular room. So I called the day before, and the guy I spoke with seemed annoyed with my question and said that was NOT possible, that I could call the morning of check-in and they could tell me. So I called the day of and requested an hour early check-in and a 4th floor room (with the high ceilings) and they granted both request, so I was happy. Hotel stay was very nice, no major issues. When I requested a frig and microwave, they came very fast, however, perhaps with the all the hotel renovations, they did not wish to splurge on new appliances b/c the frig and microwave looked a bit skeevy and old and the frig smelled funny. The Housekeeping lady we ran into was very pleasant, we declined housekeeping services but she took our towels and provided us with more. Beware,the pool is outside, and NOT heated! The water was VERY cold! The 1 computer in the "business office" (which is just a computer and printer in the lobby) I could not get to work as I attempted to purchase aquarium tickets on it. Those were the major downsides and they weren't so major. We still enjoyed the hotel and surroundings. And it's not far from the harbor (probably took us 15-20 minutes to get there). I would definitely stay at this hotel again and highly recommend.

Rachel,
I am pleased that the location and price of the hotel made it accessible and convenient for you. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. We truly value your input and very much rely on you to help us improve. We will use your comments about our reception team to issue training and will look into the quality and service that are being provided in the business center. We look forward to improving upon this visit with your return.
Enjoy today!
Emily P Dailey
Portfolio Reputation Manager - Radisson Cross Keys
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com
313-253-4344
Stokesley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

From the UK. Stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in June/July. The location is really very nice and quiet tucked away from the main roads but convenient for the 83 leading into the city centre and Loyola University 5 mins away. The town of Towson is only about 10 mins away with it's large shopping mall new cinema and restaurants.
There are a few boutique shops around the hotel together with a cafe and an upmarket restaurant. The courtyard at the front of the hotel leading onto the shopping area is very picturesque. Parking is free !! (unlike all of the harbour hotels charged at a premium rate)
This is not a 5 star hotel and it may look a little dated from the outside but don't let that put you off as it is not the case on the inside. I have stayed at other much more expensive hotels in the Baltimore area and the Harbour area and struggle to understand why this hotel is not rated higher as I certainly rate it well above the ones I have stayed in previously. The shuttle is very convenient and I had no problems with it. I had a hire car so transportation was not a problem (it may be if you do not have use of a vehicle). Journey to the harbour in non rush hour traffic is about 10 to 15 mins which I did not find to be a problem. I believe the rooms have recently been refurbished. They are quite large, tastefully decorated with comfortable beds, single sofa, decent tv and also equipped with a small fridge and microwave if you make such a request prior to arrival. I found the rooms to be very quiet and could not hear other guests moving around. The rooms and bathroom were kept very clean as was the rest of the hotel. Housekeeping was excellent (special mention to Onya ...great service ...hope I have spelt this correctly). There is a newly equipped small gym on the 4th floor which is quite adequate( 2 cross trainers 3 running machines free weights and a multi gym ... all 'lifefitness') Free Wi Fi was very good. The only minus for this hotel in my view was the pool area and entrance to the pool area which is in need of a total refurbishment including the cutting back of a number of the high trees which surround this area. In my opinion this would really enhance the hotel and it's facilities. (I believe this may be planned very shortly) Don't get me wrong I used the pool area every day and it did not detract from my enjoyment of the time I spent in there but it does need some work. I did not eat in the restaurant at the hotel so cannot rate it. All staff I encountered were pleasant, courteous and professional.
If you approach the entrance gates from the main road (Falls Road) after 10.00pm in a vehicle security will stop and ask you your name and purpose for your visit. I did not see a problem in that.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel and will certainly return.

Room Tip: 4th Floor rooms have vaulted ceilings - better views are overlooking front courtyard and not the poo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family