“Great Staycation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Staycation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

Every so often we want to treat ourselves to a special night and our recent weekend stay at the Four Seasons was a little slice of heaven. Fantastic room, great Harbor East location. We went out for dinner, had a lovely night, and a great hotel breakfast before driving back home. The room is plush, comfortable, simply first rate. Service throughout the hotel is excellent!! A great staycation.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DocSBalt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Turkish first
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed for two nights on business in a terrace-view room. Couldn't really see the harbor, but the view of the terrace was still nice. Location is in Harbor East and perfect for great restaurants and shopping. The room was beautifully appointed and fairly large, with an outdoor patio (though it was a bit too chilly to use). Bathroom had a soaker tub, rain shower, and WC all separated. There was a television in the bathroom mirror with a speaker over the tub. Pretty cool. Closet was large, and there was a Nespresso machine in the room. Service was as you would expect at a Four Seasons property--exceptional. The spa is one of the best ones I've experienced at a hotel, and the fitness room made it enjoyable to work out. I dined at Wit & Wisdom one night and could not have been more pleased with the food or service. Room service breakfast was passable, but not great.

One minor problem I experienced was that I requested an in-room fridge and what was brought into the room was a noisy fridge with the outline of a Coca-Cola bottle in neon-like light on the front. I wouldn't have been able to sleep from the noise or the light. The fridge was replaced when requested, but I'm not sure why a fridge like this would've been placed in the room to begin with. The other issue was that when I was departing, I requested a cab to take me to the airport. I was offered a "house car" to take me, but wasn't informed until I arrived to the airport that the cost was $49--significantly more than the $30 flat cab rate. The car also had trouble accepting my credit card due to a broken machine, so I had to go into the airport and find an ATM. Ultimately this made me miss my flight, though I realize this wasn't the fault of the Four Seasons. I do look forward to staying here again when I'm in Baltimore for business, but would make sure I get a cab to the airport next time.

1 Thank honeymoonhunter09
Newark, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

The only thing missing was a chocolate on the pillow. I was here only one night for a conference. Staff consistently addressed me by name and made my short stay special. The electric mirror aka TV in the bathroom mirror was an over-the-top luxury that I couldn't stop telling friends about. I mentioned at the front desk that the NY Times had not been delivered to my room in the morning. Within minutes a NY Times was in my hand and a complimentary beverage coupon provided. I had an excellent view from the 11th floor. Enjoyed the Nespresso machine so much I gave myself an early holiday gift. The continental breakfast and buffet lunch offered a variety of well prepared foods. This is a lovely hotel.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nbh6704
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Welcoming room, great view, hospitable staff, excellent location. No complaints. Good restaurants near by and few high end shopping too. Some construction around but not terrible. Parking is a stretch. But valet service is the best. Loved the bathroom especially the rain shower. Will visit again for sure

Room Tip: Higher floors are better
1 Thank Houstonjshouston
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Great stay, beautiful rooms that are well outfitted w beautiful view of the harbour! Swanky washrooms left me wishing that I had more time to just stay IN the hotel taking baths and watching movies in the in-mirror TV!

Room Tip: The in-room dining leaves much to be desired, but what in-room dining experienced doesn't?
1 Thank Hailey S
North Wales, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

We visited the Four Seasons Baltimore in January 2011 and although the hotel was brand new and amazing, they were still working out some of the new challenges.

The hotel is located in Harbor East, conveniently located between Fells Point and the Inner Harbor. It sits on a peninsula that overlooks the inner harbor and offers spectacular views.

I am happy to say that this place is running full steam ahead and they have perfected the art of hospitality. I've been to many Four Seasons all over the world and I would have to say that this is one of their best.

The front door head bellman Dennis (from Jamaica) is a joy to have. He immediately made us feel welcomed with his big grin and warm smile. He guided us to the reception desk and handed us over to the front desk who tried to check us in, but we were too early as our rooms weren't available yet at 11am which we fully understood.

We headed to Wit and Wisdom for some cocktails and have a lovely morning relaxing by the fire and enjoying the day.

After lunch we returned to the hotel at about 3pm and we were available to check into our water view rooms which had amazing views of the inner harbor. The rooms are modern and sleek, large and lots of space to move around.

Rooms are decorated in warm hues that are mostly earth tones and the floor to ceiling windows allowed a lot of light to come into the room. Large closets, great comfortable beds and sitting areas cap off the room.

The bathrooms have a deep soaking tub, separate shower and separate WC for privacy. Nice sink with lots of space for toothpaste etc.

The Concierge Valentin was very helpful with arrangements for dinner and lunch reservations.

We had a wonderful stay and didn't want to leave our rooms. Next time we are going back when we can use the outdoor pool as it looks like it would be spectacular!

Room Tip: Request a water view room on a high floor for the best views. Executive Suites would be fantastic...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dfc9258
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Had the pleasure of staying here last month during a road trip, and it greatly increased our positive impression of Baltimore (having never had the reason to visit before). We loved it so much that we stayed a second night and altered our travel plans.

Location - perfect. The views over the inner harbor were spectacular, day and night. Great to be able to walk to almost all of the attractions and lots of great dining spots.

Rooms were excellent as always for FS, but the property was so new that everything was just right. Couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family