“Four Seasons Baltimore - Wit & Wisdom - Returns a must!”

Four Seasons Baltimore
Ranked #3 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Four Seasons Baltimore - Wit & Wisdom - Returns a must!”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

In addition to a wonderful location (Inner Harbor, Fells Point & Little Italy close by) and fantastic service the restaurant Wit & Wisdom is worth going to even if you're not staying at the hotel.
The associated Lamill Coffee is perfect for a morning or afternoon wake up. The adjacent lounge is ideal for adult beverages. - Cozy with fireplaces in the cooler months and outdoor seating by the harbor during the warmer seasons.
A new and exciting favorite of mine is the appetiser "viking village scallop crudo". The flavors of scallop, pomegranate, blood orange and puffed tapioca with a sommelier recommended wine is very satisfying and entertaining.
The menu changes do not disappoint. I can't wait for my next visit.
The hotel is excellent as well yielding some of the best sleep in ages.
I haven't tried the Spa but it's extremely popular by guests as well as local residents with a separate membership. The seasonal swimming pool is spectacular.

Room Tip: The rooms with a harbor view are obviously choice but any room I've stayed in has been extremely...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank dabaker10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We were up in Baltimore for the holidays and decided to stay at the Four Seasons for it's great location in Harbor East and proximity to the Harborplace, Federal Hill and Fells Point. The hotel was amazing! Excellent service, professional and friendly staff, as well as wonderfully comfortable and luxurious accomodations. Our room had a spectacular waterview of the harbor. We definitely plan to return to the Four Seasons in our next Baltimore trip.

Room Tip: Choose waterview room
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank M A
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

This is the best hotel in Baltimore. Plus, it is the Four Seasons Hotel. The best thing about it is its bistro near the restaurant. The coffees they make, especially their cappuccino is spectacular. In between the restaurant and the bistro is a large lounge with few fireplaces. It is very cosy and relaxing. I also want to comment on the staff, they are really extra nice and they all seem to love their jobs. From the front desk to the bistro, it's like home, they make you feel that way. Congrats!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MGY-traveller
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Good price and same excellent service you would expect from Four Seasons. Big spacious rooms and amazing beds. Buffet lunch during the meeting was top quality, same for breakfast, which included a proper tea. Friendly staff

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Simona H
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Every so often we want to treat ourselves to a special night and our recent weekend stay at the Four Seasons was a little slice of heaven. Fantastic room, great Harbor East location. We went out for dinner, had a lovely night, and a great hotel breakfast before driving back home. The room is plush, comfortable, simply first rate. Service throughout the hotel is excellent!! A great staycation.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DocSBalt
Illinois
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed for two nights on business in a terrace-view room. Couldn't really see the harbor, but the view of the terrace was still nice. Location is in Harbor East and perfect for great restaurants and shopping. The room was beautifully appointed and fairly large, with an outdoor patio (though it was a bit too chilly to use). Bathroom had a soaker tub, rain shower, and WC all separated. There was a television in the bathroom mirror with a speaker over the tub. Pretty cool. Closet was large, and there was a Nespresso machine in the room. Service was as you would expect at a Four Seasons property--exceptional. The spa is one of the best ones I've experienced at a hotel, and the fitness room made it enjoyable to work out. I dined at Wit & Wisdom one night and could not have been more pleased with the food or service. Room service breakfast was passable, but not great.

One minor problem I experienced was that I requested an in-room fridge and what was brought into the room was a noisy fridge with the outline of a Coca-Cola bottle in neon-like light on the front. I wouldn't have been able to sleep from the noise or the light. The fridge was replaced when requested, but I'm not sure why a fridge like this would've been placed in the room to begin with. The other issue was that when I was departing, I requested a cab to take me to the airport. I was offered a "house car" to take me, but wasn't informed until I arrived to the airport that the cost was $49--significantly more than the $30 flat cab rate. The car also had trouble accepting my credit card due to a broken machine, so I had to go into the airport and find an ATM. Ultimately this made me miss my flight, though I realize this wasn't the fault of the Four Seasons. I do look forward to staying here again when I'm in Baltimore for business, but would make sure I get a cab to the airport next time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank honeymoonhunter09
Newark, New York
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The only thing missing was a chocolate on the pillow. I was here only one night for a conference. Staff consistently addressed me by name and made my short stay special. The electric mirror aka TV in the bathroom mirror was an over-the-top luxury that I couldn't stop telling friends about. I mentioned at the front desk that the NY Times had not been delivered to my room in the morning. Within minutes a NY Times was in my hand and a complimentary beverage coupon provided. I had an excellent view from the 11th floor. Enjoyed the Nespresso machine so much I gave myself an early holiday gift. The continental breakfast and buffet lunch offered a variety of well prepared foods. This is a lovely hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business