“Great Romantic Evening”

Ranked #3 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Lafayette, IN
“Great Romantic Evening”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the four seasons as a part of our evening to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. It was already a great beginning when we walked up to the hotel which is on the water front. When the front desk learned that it was our anniversary, they immediately tried to look for ways to improve our experience. They upgraded our room and sent us champagne and strawberries. We sat in our beautifully decorated and clean room, sipping champagne, talking and admiring the view of boats docked in the marina.

It was a great evening and we are already talking about coming to stay again and have dinner at Charleston, which is around the corner.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Miriam_F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Turkish first
Baltimore
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here on our anniversary (June 2014). It was a last minute idea and it wasn't until a week before our anniversary that we decided to splurge and spend the night there. I was so glad we did. Everything about this hotel is wonderful. I had been there for conferences for work around 5 or 6 times but I never stayed as a guest. I live locally. My husband had never stayed at a Four Seasons before. He was wowed.

I have no idea why but when we checked in we were upgraded to a nice room with a view. Everything about the room was perfect and immaculate. The TV scrolled welcome our names when we walked in the door with pleasant music. The bathrooms were gorgeous. The bedding was lovely. No unpleasant smells and the temperature was normal.

But then the experience got better. I had seen the pool pictures but honestly until you go experience it yourself you cannot find a nicer spot in all of downtown Baltimore. I beg anyone out there to prove me wrong. The views, the food, the service, the pools were all A+++ and I am a hard grader. I was sad we were short on time.

We then went to dinner and when we returned the hotel sent us a small plate of strawberries and a small bottle of champagne for our anniversary. I must have casually mentioned our anniversary to a front desk check-in person but in no way was I expecting or looking for a treat.

It was a great way to cap off a delicious dinner at nearby Ouzo Bay.

The next morning we had breakfast by the pool. My husband ordered a fancy dish which was delicious and I asked for a smoothie. It was not so good but I said nothing and just set it aside. A few minutes later a gentlemen came by and said I am sorry about your smoothie our blender is broken we will take it off your bill- can I get you something else? I hadn't even complained. The server must have mentioned to the manager she was having trouble making the smoothie . In reality the Four Seasons just knows how to train its staff at all levels to make the customer feel welcomed and happy all the time. No wonder the hotel gets a premium rate it deserves too. I just wish that premium were a wee bit smaller so I could splurge a little more often with them.

I was sad to learn Pabu closed. We loved it but knew for Baltimore it was food a little too upscale. I like Wit and Wisdom and highly recommend it as well but we did not dine there on our visit. I was also sad to see the coffee shop change ownership too. What a treat that spot was as well. Not sure what the situation was there.

We checked out the spa but did not have time to use it. It is amazing and it begged for our return.

Kudos Baltimore Four Seasons. Job well done on this urban oasis.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The Four Seasons in Baltimore is a 5 star hotel. We had a great view of the inner harbor. The room was beautiful. The staff members are all pleasant and friendly and provide great service.

One thing to note is that we had a fully stocked refrigerator, which is nice. We started to pull different bottles out to see what they were (beers, wines, shots). We didn't realize that as soon as you remove a bottle from its sensor, it is automatically charged to your credit card! It wasn't a big deal because when we checked out they removed all the charges without a problem for the items we did not drink. But, it would be good to know that beforehand.

If you can afford to stay there (because it is expensive), I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Any room would be great at this hotel. We had a room with a view of the inner harbor which was very...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here last year around the time of the Formula 1 race and brought another couple back for a weekend getaway/Yankee game this past weekend(7/11-7/13). Hotel was on point and is a beautiful, more modern property compared to some other Four Seasons. Service was excellent including at the pool. It was very busy but they had adequate staff to take care of everyone from what I can see. My advice is that if you come on a weekend try and get to the pool early because the chairs fill up quick. Gym was beautiful with some nice touches such as Gatorade and fresh fruit daily. Overall an excellent stay and the pool on a nice weekend will make it feel like your staying at a tropical resort. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank AGSSheds
New York City
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I LOVED this hotel, and will never stay anywhere else in Baltimore! I stay at Four Seasons whenever I can, and have always thought the one at Kona, Hi was my favorite. This is a very close second. The pool is beautiful - service is a little erratic, depending on staff assigned that day. Still, I enjoyed it 3 out of the 4 days I stayed. gym also beautiful. Hotel is very high- tech - it was fun trying to discover how some things worked in the room, eg turning off the lights, working the TV embedded in the bathroom mirror, etc. Restaurant, Wit and Wisdom, is wonderful. It is a Michael Mina restaurant, and the food was really delicious and different. We went out one night and regretted missing a dinner at the Wit and Wisdom. Concierge recommended a nearby place, Charlotte, which we did not like and actually left before ordering. Place is dark with flocked wallpaper (at waterside? really?) and ridiculously overpriced - $90 for 3 courses or something like that. You get a long list of items to pick 3 from. Back to this hotel - Staff was great, housekeeping excellent. Comfortable bed and luxurious bathroom. Conference food also delicious and different. Loved it all, and would make a trip to Baltimore just to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The property is gorgeous. Everything about the facility if 1st rate. The staff and service levels are not 4 Seasons quality. Upon entering the room there was fresh fruit laid out. Unfortunately several pieces of fruit were rotted. The room was not refreshed timely. The pool area is first come first served to get chairs. I was told there weren't 2 chairs available for me and my husband only to have a couple come to the pool area 5 minutes after us and get 2 chairs together. I had spa treatments. There was no one there to show me where robes or slippers are located, so I waited 10 minutes to get checked in. The staff is from Baltimore which is not an area known for high end service and it shows. Overall a good visit, but the hotel needs to focus more on attention to details.

Room Tip: overlook the harbor not the fountain
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JDP704
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Beautiful pool at Four Seasons! However, you will be lucky to get a chair. Left name on waiting list with pool attendant for chair. Never received call-back. Told there was a wedding and they were very busy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not overlook parking garage.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family