“Poor Hospitality; Uninviting.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Baltimore

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Four Seasons Baltimore
Ranked #3 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
New York City, New York
“Poor Hospitality; Uninviting.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

There was really nothing memorable about my stay at the Four Seasons Baltimore. Sure, it's clean, the rooms are spacious, and there are plenty of amenities offered. But what it lacks is an intimate and inviting atmosphere where genuine hospitality is provided. The staff here seemed to simply provide "service" which is easily provided at many hotels. I was expecting to be inspired by "genuine hospitality" that is normally experienced at top luxury hotels. And their recovery efforts were poor and un-empathetic with no follow up, despite filing an incident report. Dogs seem to be tolerated rather than welcomed, but the immediate area isn't great for dogs anyway. Despite my dissatisfaction with the lack of hospitality, the hotel's design and layout were much too "Vegas-like." I didn't feel returning to the Four Seasons Baltimore was like returning to my home away from home.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Traveler_424

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Turkish first
Wilton, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We traveled to Baltimore to pick up an eight week old Entlebucher Mountain dog and visit Johns Hopkins University (my husband's Alma Mater). Since we were only staying one night we decided to look for a hotel by the Harbor (which hadn't been gentrified when my husband attended college). The Four Seasons turned out to be an excellent choice. Beautiful hotel, beautiful room, and warm, friendly and efficient staff. The view from the hotel is outstanding and the neighborhood is amazing with high end stores, restaurants and a busy nightlife. Breakfast at the hotel was delicious. I would return in a heartbeat!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jennifer s
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We have been privileged to stay at a few other Four Seasons and this one certainly lived up to our expectations. We were swiftly greeted and directed to the desk. We stayed here for 3 nights and the location is great for navigating around the Inner Harbor and the Little Italy neighborhood and Fell's Point. We were given a beautiful corner unit overlooking the harbor and the infinity pool. As expected, this property had a beautiful bathroom with a great soaking tub, separate WC, high end bath fixtures and integrated TV with lighted Electric Mirror. If we had one complaint, it would be the towels could have been more fluffy. They seemed like thin, ordinary hotel towels. If we're in the Baltimore area again, I would certainly choose to stay here.

Room Tip: Choose the upgraded room with a harbor view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
1 Thank BranNewareAtl
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I had a late evening event in Baltimore and decided to stay at the Four Seasons hotel. I have stayed at the hotel before for a date night with my wife, but this was a solo overnight. I have also never been at the hotel in summer months. I arrived early afternoon, was greeted warmly and checked in swiftly.

I had a special rate and expected a basic king room. However, I was pleasantly surprised with a nice corner room on the 15th floor with floor to ceiling windows open on one side to the President's Street circle and the upper Fells Point neighborhood and open on the other side to the inner harbor. The entrance to the room opened to a desk and chair with the closet and large bathroom to the right. Rounding the wall on the left, there was the mini bar area which led to the main bedroom which included a widescreen tv on a bureau and a side chair and ottoman along with the the king size bed.
The room was extremely comfortable and I had a pleasant night's sleep. My only quibble was that the layout of the room made it difficult to sit at the desk and watch the tv.

Because I arrived mid-afternoon, I had some time to kill and went to the outdoor pool bar. I did not have lunch there, but sat at the bar and found the staff and service excellent. It was a hot afternoon and there was a small amount of families with children and random adults lounging. The next morning I sent some time in the mens lockeroom spa area and had a relaxing soak in the heat pool. Midday I had a good lunch with two friends at Wit and Wisdom.

Overall, and excellent stay. What the Four Seasons does very well is treat every guest as special in a comfortable and unobtrusively comfortable environment . i cannot wait to return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Farmerica
Chappaqua, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband, son and I were in Baltimore for a lacrosse tournament and stayed three nights at the Four Seasons. When we arrived our room was not quite ready (the Yankee's were staying in the hotel and were checking out). The wonderful staff at the front desk upgraded us to an amazing suite on the top floor and stored our luggage until check in.

We ate breakfast and dinner each day at the restaurant and loved every meal. Dawn, the sommelier was delightful and recommended some great wines.

The bell staff, doormen/greeters and valets were OUTSTANDING. We were back and forth to the hotel several times between games over the course of our stay. Each time they helped us out of the car and filled up our cooler with ice and bottled water so my son would have drinks on the field.

We can't wait to return!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

There is no place for the exact time of our stay, but a few years ago we decided to use the Baltimore Four Seasons location as the hotel of choice for my daughter's wedding guests. We needed to coordinate over 25 rooms with multi-generational and international needs, anticipating a variety of travel itineraries and sight-seeing requests. We choose the hotel for its international reputation, the location to the wedding reception and the ease to the airport and major highways, with the hope of not having to worry about anything because we were all coming in from out of town.

Our reservation specialist, Kristen Lewis, helped us plan, coordinate and execute the entire group visit. She was especially careful and extremely patient and thorough while we worked on getting rooms for certain family units on the same floor, getting as many rooms connected to each other as possible for multi-generational coverage, coordinating a multitude of arrival and departure itineraries and changes, and following through with the reservation until its completion. She even met us at the front desk when we arrived, and helped the front desk clear up some questions and concerns regarding connecting room discrepancies.

Absolutely everyone had a marvelous stay. Almost all the rooms had beautiful views of the city or the waterfront. The rooms were meticulously clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. We experienced very quiet rooms where we could not hear anyone in the hallways or from adjoining rooms. We especially liked how several room configurations had a small entryway with an additional main door to the hallway which allowed two connecting rooms to feel like a suite. This was perfect for our situation where we needed to care for either young children or look after older family members. Bathrooms were luxurious, spacious and perfect for our week long stay. We have never seen such large closet space in a hotel room. That was very helpful due to our wardrobe needs for the wedding.

The concierge was fantastic with her recommendations of what to do and where to eat. She was patient with all of our questions and always provided directions with a map and detailed walking instructions. The valet team was efficient and very polite. They made an effort to recognize us and see to each individual need, especially in regards to the older generation and the necessity of having the cars more readily available throughout the day. We planned a birthday party celebration in the private room at the Wit & Wisdom, complete with a set dinner and ordering two cakes. The food was delicious. Many of our family and friends enjoyed the beautiful pool facility.

Although we expected fantastic service given the chain's reputation and the typical price point of the hotel rooms, the hotel and the staff were really exceptional. Because of this, we decided to coordinate a much smaller multiple family anniversary celebration this summer at the hotel. Due to the size of our group for this trip (under 10 rooms), we were not able to receive the group rate from our previous stay. However our reservation specialist Vaughn has been equally thorough, patient, attentive to our needs, including finding our previous requests for hypo-allergenic bedding for specific family members from our visit a few years ago. We hope that our upcoming stay will be just as perfect as the last time we were there, anticipating a wonderful celebration of multiple anniversaries for all.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank M D
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Fours Seasons Hotel chain is my wife's favorite and as a well seasoned traveler, she would know. The Four Seasons in Baltimore definitely lives up to it's reputation. Located on the shores of the harbor. Our room overlooked the harbor and the views were fantastic! The quality of the rooms, beds, baths and service were all up to the usual Four Seasons standards. I would like to give a special shout out to one the Concierge's, Kareem. Part of the charm of this Four Seasons is it's location. It is an easy walk to anywhere around downtown. Kareem gave me a couple of specific places to visit given my time constraints and they were fantastic. My wife and I plan to return soon for a weekend getaway. This Four Seasons is perfect for that!

Room Tip: When booking, ask for a room with a view of the harbor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business