“Excellent Service and Good Food”

Alizee Boutique Bistro and Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Alizee Boutique Bistro and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #480 of 2,195 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Charles Street
Description: Located in the Doubletree Inn at the Colonnade.
Reviewed 2 January 2014

As regular guests to the associated hotel, Inn at the Colonnade, we have often had meals at the Alizee. We have very much appreciated the service and the very large screen TV (in the bar area) during football season.

1  Thank Bills2018

Reviewed 11 April 2013

This restaurant has all the elements for a first class dining spot. Good, prompt, professional service, nice ambiance, handy parking for the area. What's lacking is the food. Salads were nice, but crabcakes - a Maryland specialty- were terrible for anyone who knows truly good crabcakes, yet they were highly priced. If you are staying in the associated hotel and want a convenient place to dine, stick with something simple. This site once housed a fine restaurant, The Polo Grill, but no more.

2  Thank W SCOTT A
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Conveniently located near Hopkins, easy valet parking, spacious and attractive dining room, attentive and polite staff, sufficiently varied menu and good value with choices in the mid twenties. Crab cakes and rockfish were very nice.

Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

We stopped here prior to the Hopkins game. We have done this many times in prior years and always had a good experience. I won't be returning before future games. There were only two tables occupied upon our arrival with almost an hour before game time. We were seated promptly, but it took 10-15 minutes for server to take order. I ordered a side of fries as the menu is much smaller now and they did not have crab for the crab pretzel app. The fries were served promptly, but quickly realized the other tables had been waiting over 30 minutes for their meals to arrive with nothing delivered. They too were trying to grab lunch before the game. There meals just before I finished and several items were not prepared as requested. Definitely not what you would expect from a Doubletree Hotel.

1  Thank Sid111
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Very sweet friends invited me to their Valentine's Day dinner because my partner was out of town. Each of us had been to the previous "Polo Grill" and had expected much more than what was delivered.

Please forgive the bullets rather than a narrative:
- We were seated over 40 minutes before we received drinks or water
- We never received bread even after asking for it twice.
- One of the 3 of us ordered the filet and made a huge point of requesting NO BLUE CHEESE. I made light of it saying I wanted their blue cheese. Her entree arrive with blue cheese. It had to be sent back and we were told it would be taken off of the bill. When we received the bill it was still there.
- We made it a point at the beginning of the evening to say that we felt neglected. Our waitress let us know that this was her first week back to work since September and needed time to get up to speed.
- The food was very disappointing. They were pretending they were a $25-$35 entree restaurant but were really a $10-$20 pub.
- The kicker for me was the waitress bringing the wine we ordered to our table with the bottle already opened. She needed to have it opened at the bar because she was less familiar with the true cork corks and was more used to the rubber corks.
- When the bill came, it was a bill for another table. The bill was presented again including the entree which was to be taken off. The waitress said she needed to take it to the manager to correct it. I told her I didn't understand because she had already promised it would be taken off.
- I have never received so many apologies during a meal in my entire life.

1  Thank LeoW_DavidR