“A Good Choice in Baltimore”
Review of INN at 2920

INN at 2920
Ranked #4 of 12 Baltimore B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Pros-

Absolutely beautiful old townhouse, elegantly restored with mod furnishings, a great look!

Comfortable room and bed. Beautiful bathroom. (We had the Green Room and it meet all our needs.)

Very quiet. We never heard a sound.

Water, sodas, ice, and cookies on the first floor.

Delicious breakfast (served early during the week which was essential for us.)

Easy on-the-street parking. (In no way is this in a "bad" area. We felt totally at ease.)

Walking distance to the Riverfront, which we did, and numerous restaurants in two directions from the inn (north & south.)

Super nice owner. What more could you want? Deserving of 5 stars for sure.

Cons -
Our only minor problem was the central AC. We were so freezy cold during the night, I sneaked out and turned the thermostat in the hall up 2 degrees. (Then I turned it back down in the morning.)

Room Tip: The Green Room was comfortable with a beautiful bathroom, very quiet, not a huge room, but plenty ro...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 July 2014

The Inn at 2920 is very comfortable. Warren, our innkeeper, was most hospitable, charming and provided a great breakfast to start our day. It is located in a quiet residential neighborhood, a block from restaurants and less than 2 from the water taxi. Convenient on street parking was great, never moved the car. The water taxi was our transportation to Fells Point, Inner Harbor and Fort McHenry. Cold drinks and fresh baked cookies greeted us when we returned from touring. Our room had everything we needed and more. It was very clean and spacious. We had a very enjoyable 3 days and hope to return soon.

Room Tip: My husband and I chose the first floor room, which is the largest. It has a full refrigerator, fire...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I was in the Baltimore/DC area for business last week, and I happened upon this urban-setting B&B in the Canton area of Baltimore. For sure, it would be a great location for a vacationing couple, but also, even for business, I really enjoyed it. You can walk 1 block to some great restaurants, and it's in a residential brownstone area that has a nicer vibe than being out by the airport, or even in the hustle & bustle of downtown proper. But it's not far away from any of that!

As far as being a great host, the owner will accommodate any of your timing/dietary needs for the breakfast, and cook you something from scratch in a flash. I didn't need help deciding things to do in the area, but I could tell from his discussions with other guests that he'd be really helpful if you'd like that.

I really felt at home there, and want to encourage anyone who wants to try something a bit different to make a reservation, relax, and enjoy a different kind of stay in Baltimore!

Oh, and a cute touch was that there was a little fish in a square bowl in my room, so it was really his room, I was just sharing it! Cute touch...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I didn't have the breakfast....so perhaps I've missed why everyone seems to rave about this property! I only came for one evening for business - but I really didn't think the Inn at 2920 remotely lived up to the expectations. First, I found the location inconvenient, but that was probably my fault for thinking it was more proximal to areas where I've stayed before near. You could definitely walk to a few restaurants in the area, but it was a mostly residential street which took me by surprise. I was greeted by the owner who was very pleasant, but that was where things ended. The shower took about 10 minutes to heat up, there were literally no amenities - no beer or wine and no one was around at all to ask any questions..which I thought was strange. The room itself was fine, but not "luxury" by any standards. Instead of mini toiletries there were dispensers like you would find at the gym..again, odd. I had to leave a day early due to an emergency, and I telephoned the owner. He didn't seem to care much. It was a low price on hotels.com at this property, but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank exeter95
INNTwo, Owner at INN at 2920, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

The answer is simple: Pretty much everything that makes our Inn special and unique!
Many of the things mentioned in this review are the very aspects of our Inn that our guests appreciate most. Both our official website and former guest reviews attest to this fact. In response:

Location: Overwhelmingly, guests enjoy our residential neighborhood because it is convenient to, but away from the tourist zone. There are more than two dozen restaurants and many businesses within a 5-10 minute walk, some being on the waterfront. Vibrant O’Donnell Square is just ½ block away.

Check-in: Owner and Innkeeper, Warren personally greeted this guest and, as with all guests, thoroughly explained the features, services and amenities of our Inn; many of which are complimentary. The guest was escorted to her room and was asked if she needed assistance with restaurant suggestions, directions, or places to go. She said she was all set and though she usually stays at an airport hotel when travelling to Baltimore, this time decided to stay in the city because she was meeting a friend for dinner. Warren also explained how to contact him should she need to. (Like most small Inns and B&B’s, we do not maintain a 24-hour front desk)

Shower, Amenities and Alcohol: As an eco-friendly business, we have an “on-demand” in-line hot-water system that takes a few minutes to heat up but uses significantly less energy and provides an endless supply once running. We offer Gilchrist and Soames eco-friendly Zero% line of toiletries which are provided in wall dispensers because we feel the waste of product and packaging with mini-toiletries is unconscionable. Many guests have complimented us on using the dispensers. We do offer a complimentary 24-hour hot and cold beverage station. We do not offer complimentary alcoholic beverages. However, the multitude of pubs and restaurants in the near vicinity provide reasonable opportunities to imbibe and enjoy our neighborhood at the same time.

Early departure: This guest called unexpectedly at 6:50 AM from the airport to tell us she had to leave due to a family illness and to ask us to send her the invoice for her stay. Warren said he was sorry to hear this and was sympathetic asking if everything was OK. He did explain to her that we could not provide an invoice because she had pre-paid through Hotels.com and we are subsequently paid by them at a lower pre-negotiated price after a guest’s departure. He indicated that the booking confirmation/receipt from Hotels.com should suffice as an invoice. This perhaps could have been misconstrued as being non-caring.

Luxury: We do not profess nor advertize on our website that we are a luxury property. We do advertise that we are a contemporary and chic boutique inn and our style is admired by many. The Luxury market starts at a much higher price point. It appears that this guest may have been expecting luxury for a bargain.

As the proud owners of Inn at 2920 we would like to assure guests reading this review and our response that we are true to who we are in all aspects of Innkeeping. We do not profess to be something we are not. We will continue to work hard to live up to our reputation and provide the service, accommodations and breakfasts that our guests love and have returned to enjoy again and again.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Warren and David were welcoming and hands on hosts. Their follow through and thoughtfulness were much appreciated ( as well as their bumor- our resident beta fish Valentino there to welcome us). The room was very clean and the appointments nicely done. The breakfast was filling and very good and available at the requested time.
The area was very bandy for us to visit our son and I know he enjoys the neighboring Canton Square one block north. There are a number if fun restaurants there ( I'd recommend Nacho Mamma's). It is easy to get to Fell's point and the on Inner Harbor without having to deal with all the conjestion and noise We look forward to our next stay at the inn at 2920

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I recently spent several nights at the Inn during a sailing trip with a friend who keeps his boat in Baltimore Harbor. I booked here due to proximity with the marina! I was not disapointed in any way! Every aspect of this B&B was beyond my expectations. The "Inn Sitters" that looked after everything while David and Warren were away were absolutely fantastic! The breakfast quality was incredible and lived up to the reputation I had read about on TripAdvisor prior to going to Baltimore. The little touches were very welcome...Valentino the fish in my room was a great addition, the DVD collection to keep me entertained during some hot afternoon rests after a long morning of sailing, and of course the room was very comfortable - especially the bed! This B&B is a short walk to a lot of really quaint areas of Baltimore (Canton, Fells Point, Harbor Promenade) and a very short cab ride to the downtown core. All in all, its stylish, comfortable, just right in size, impeccably clean, great hosts, and amazing breakfasts! I will stay here again any time I am in Baltimore!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were visiting Baltimore for a two-day conference and wanted something more than just the usual franchise hotel. Inn at 2920 was perfect: comfortable, friendly, welcoming - a world away from the corporate sterility one usually has to endure on these conference trips. The inn is a stylishly refurbished older townhouse with a contemporary feel, but still warm and comfortable. The managers were extremely welcoming, and made sure we had what we needed, but otherwise left us to our own devices. The individually-cooked breakfasts were a real treat, supplemented by trays of home-baked cookies waiting for us after a long day. The area is quite a surprise, too - just half a block down from Canton Square, which is filled with excellent restaurants, bars and cafes. Other reviews mention this as a great place for couples, but I'd also suggest it to business travellers. Only thing to watch out for is the lack of dedicated parking, meaning you have to spend a few minutes hunting for a spot on the street. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business