“Good hotel, great room, somewhat noisy” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor

Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Toronto, Canada
“Good hotel, great room, somewhat noisy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

It's a neat hotel; a converted century (or so) office tower that was a bank, and appears to have had a branch on the main floor. Lots of marble everywhere, high ceilings in the lobby. Usual Hampton breakfast, no surprises there. My room was on top floor, off a huge central area that likely used to be full of secretaries for the people that worked in the offices. Which is what my room appeared to be, complete with a transom over the door.

So that's all very cool. The bad news is that the A/C unit for the building appears to be mounted on the top floor (no surprise), and it is very, very, very loud. Louder than anything else I've experienced, and I travel almost weekly. As well, the A/C unit in my room was also very loud. The room itself was great, complete with a jacuzzi-style tub that I loved, but I'm glad I don't mind 'white noise' while I sleep.

Back to the good news, the location is great. Central to everything, a 5 minute walk at most to the harbor with lots of great dining options.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear furballs,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Inner-Harbor on your recent trip to Baltimore.

We appreciate your feedback regarding our facilities and will continue to make improvements. Our goal is to exceed expectations for each guest that chooses to stay with us.

John Bland opened our building as the United States Fidelity and Guarantee in 1906. Our Hampton Inn opened in 2004. The Inner Harbor is a great destination. I am glad you got to enjoy the dining and your overall stay.

I hope that you will join us the next time you are visiting Baltimore.

Please reach out to me directly if I can be of service.

Yours in hospitality,

Ryan Urgo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Arabic first
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Beautiful lobby in restored building. The front desk was very helpful with dinner suggestion. About 3-4 blocks from harbor where there are lots of things to do. Room was nice with a very comfortable bed. Quick response to fix tv that had no sound. Good value.

Dear Sggypsy,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Inner-Harbor for your trip to Baltimore.

After reading your comments, I am so happy to hear that your enjoyed our hotel, the team and our wonderful Inner Harbor.

We feel as if our hotel is in a wonderful historical property in a great location with a responsive staff.

State College, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

Great room, great lobby, great breakfast, decent business center, phenomenal staff. If you're in Baltimore on business, I highly recommend it. Some fun little eateries open late around the corner on Water Street. Jamel at the front desk dealt with a very difficult situation with the guest ahead of me checking in with absolute grace and professionalism.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Dear Jeffrey D H ,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner-Harbor on your recent trip and taking the time to share your thoughts.

I am so happy to hear that our hotel team, especially Jamel, was so helpful during your visit.

We're thrilled to hear you were able to enjoy the historic charm, wonderful location and newly renovated lobby.

I will share you positive comments about the hotel, team and Jamel.

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

I had a good stay here. It's a good place. However, the staff is rude. I was asked if I was guest there and what room I was staying in. There was no hello, how are you, how's your stay, what brings you here? And when I asked about the inquiry, I was told that the manager asks the staff to check with people who "don't look like guest." When I asked what information is used to decide who looks and does not look like a guest, I was referred to the manager. She didn't have a good answer, and she didn't seem to understand the injury. So I contacted their corporate HQs, and their general manager addressed the situation. I'm from the South, and this has never happened to me anywhere else.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank disSatisfied87
HamptonInnerHarbor, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear disSatisfied87,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the poor impression our team made and know that we will use your comments in our ongoing training for exceptional customer service.

I hope that when speaking to our General Manager, she was able to reassure you that our staff members are welcoming to every guest.

We hope to have another opportunity to show you the quality service and stay you deserve, should you return to our area in the future.

Safe travels,

Daniel Nelson
Ocean City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

I recently stayed at this Hampton Inn for a weekend trip to Baltimore. We chose this hotel mostly because of location, but the price is typically very good compared to other hotels of the same caliber. Inner Harbor is approximately a 5-10 minute walk, and it is safe to walk to and from the hotel. We also walked to Camden Yards, which only took about 15-20 minutes. The location of this hotel is absolutely its best attribute.

When we arrived Saturday morning, the hotel was very busy with people checking in and checking out. It took a few minutes to get the valet but once he arrived he was very polite and attentive. After waiting about 15 minutes, there was only one employee checking people in on a Saturday morning, we were able to check in early and our room was ready, which I thought was very nice. To the employees credit, he was dealing with some customers who were asking way to many questions and requests for someone simply checking into a hotel. Our room was clean and had a good amount of space. There are family suites at this hotel. My wife and I opted for simply the King Bed Room. The free breakfast included; eggs, waffles, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc. It was very nice for a free breakfast, typical of all Hampton Inns. Coffee is available at all times directly in the lobby.

The only issue I had was when my car returned from the valet it had about 15-20 small scratch marks that were not there when I checked in. I understand it is a city with not a lot of parking, but they should not charge $32.00 to park if your car is not covered or at least protected. Two others had similar situations, and one couple's car was so banged up, they were filing a complaint. The hotel should address this issue or maybe charge 20-25 dollars like other hotels in the area (I looked it up). The other hampton inn at Camden Yards is 7 dollars less.

Room Tip: I would park at a city garage, it is not worth the risk of your car getting scratched or broken into...
1 Thank Ron S
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear Ron S,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Inner-Harbor on your recent trip to Baltimore, and taking the time to share your thoughts. We will relay your observations about the valet options.

We're glad to hear you were able to enjoy the historic charm, wonderful location and amenities our hotel offers.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

I choose this hotel to stay at after reading some of the other reviews and we were not disappointed. The hotel is located just two blocks from the Inner Harbor, which made it very convenient to walk to many attractions, restaurants, and shopping. The lobby is spectacular. Our room was spacious and quiet. We were on the seventh floor. I loved the dispenser in the shower, providing shampoo, conditioner, and shower get. A wonderful hot breakfast is included. Ian seemed to be in charge of providing the breakfast each morning we were there. He did an excellent job and always had a smile on his face. The hotel staff were very friendly and Lana provided detailed care to our room.The valet service was convenient, although the cost of $32/day seems expensive, it is comparable to parking at other hotels nearby. I would definitely stay there again.

Dear Patricia P,

I am so happy to hear that our hotel team, especially Ian and Lana, was so helpful during your visit.

I will share you positive comments about the hotel and the team.

Leola, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites. I loved the way the hotel still had the "old" feel with the modern touches- very beautiful. The rooms were spacious and the included breakfast was fantastic- scrambled eggs, sausage, cereal, toast, etc. I was not looking forward to paying $32 for the valet parking, but it was such a convenience that it was worth the money. We pulled right up to the front door & were out of our car & ready to check in within minutes. I will say that there is a wait for your car to be returned, about 15-20 minutes, so just call ahead for your car & plan accordingly. It was an easy walk, with a 3 year old, to Inner Harbor & Camden Yards. I would stay here again!

1 Thank Amber K
Dear Amber K,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Inner-Harbor on your recent trip to the area. After reading your comments, I am so happy to hear that our suite was a great fit for you and your family during your visit.

We feel as if our historic hotel is in a wonderful location with great amenities and team.

Thank you again for your business and feedback, and I hope to see you again on your next trip to the Baltimore area!