“Nice place, but steep parking charges.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
East Berlin, PA
“Nice place, but steep parking charges.”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We enjoyed everything about this motel except the steep parking charges > $30 and that it was valet only so add on "tips" for each time you want your car or need it parked again. Breakfast was superb. Staff members were friendly. Location was convenient for the Inner Harbor. No view, but such is common for downtown cities. The room was comfortable, though water pressure was a bit lacking.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear creekland,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and team. We are very proud of our team, hotel and proximity to all that is Charm City.

Our Park and Play package is a good option for travelers driving in. There are also some garages around; however, they typically do not offer the complimentary in and out privileges offered by our valet service or the service.

Do join us on your next visit to Baltimore and feel free to reach out to me directly for your reservation

William Hartmann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
United States
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in a great location. The hotel staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. Anything we needed, they were glad to help out with. We had to leave the hotel before 6 am and even though the hot breakfast didn't start until 6, they had bagels available and even got some eggs out early just for us. The hotel is located within walking distance of Inner Harbor. The value was great for an inner city hotel. Valet Parking was expensive, but not more than you would spend anywhere else. The rooms were spacious and beautiful. I would highly recommend this place and will definitely stay there again when I am in Baltimore.

Dear Heather P,

Do join us on your next visit to Baltimore and continue to recommend us.

I am so happy to hear that our team took excellent care of you so early in the morning.

Thank you again for staying with us and taking the time to share your thoughts.

Feel free to reach out to me directly for your reservation.

Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The hotel is in a good location, 2 blocks to the waterfront. The staff was very attentive and polite. The buffet breakfast was first rate for a free hotel breakfast. Coffee, tea, and hot chocolate were available all day. The boutique-style lobby is beautiful, clean, and inviting. Our room was spacious, but the carpet was a bit worn. The bed was extremely comfortable and the duvets are cleaned for every new guest. Everything was great except for the obnoxiously loud heating system. It woke us up all night when the heated kicked on AND when it went off. There is no restaurant in the hotel, but plenty of restaurants within a few blocks. Valet parking only @$32/day, which was quite pricey.

Room Tip: Before you unpack, turn on the heat or AC. The heating system in our room was incredibly loud when...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank violinist49
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear violinist49,

We appreciate your kind words and recommendation, especially as a senior reviewer. We are very proud of our team, hotel and proximity to all that is the Charm City
Our Park and Play package is a good option for those parking a car. There are a few garages close to the hotel; however, the convenience and service of our valet team is a benefit.

Thank you for letting us know about the heating. We continue to improve the hotel and upgrade these as needed.

sunnyside, United States
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The Queen suites were great (we got adjoining ones for 2 families) each with a large desk and sofa with room for kids to run around. Excellent staff. Complimentary breakfast was fantastic! Pool is small and temperature was too hot, but kids still loved it anyways and lifeguard acted accordingly. We walked to Cheesecake factory for dinner. Can't beat location, quality of rooms, and amenities.

Dear Bridget R,

Do join us on your next visit to Baltimore and continue to recommend us.

Our Queen/Queen Studio Suites are a great, especially with the free breakfast..

Please reach out to me directly for your next get-a-way with family.

William Hartman

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My family stayed for a night over our Christmas break to visit some of the attractions in the Inner Harbor. The staff was extremely helpful and kind. The location is 2 blocks to great entertainment and restaurants. I applaud the valet parking staff for all the assistance and smiles every time you came or left the hotel. I will always stay here in Baltimore.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We appreciate your kind words and recommendation, especially joining us over your Christmas break . Please stay with us on your next visit to Baltimore, and feel free to reach out to me directly for your reservation.

We are very proud of our team, hotel and proximity to all that is the Charm City. I will share your comments with the team.

Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We specifically chose this hotel for the location to the convention center and the pool. We were there for a gymnastics meet ad the girls wanted to swim. It was closed both days we were there which was disappointing. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was really good.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear hhigirl,

We appreciate your kind words and recommendation, especially as a senior contributor. Please join us on your next visit to Baltimore, and feel free to reach out to me directly for your reservation.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that you experienced in reference to the pool. We have fixed the mechanical issues that caused us to close the pool while you were here.

We look forward to having you back!
Berkeley, United States
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Made reservation on December 13th for an arrival date of December 28th. I received confirmation through an email. One week later, I received a second confirmation. The day of my arrival, my flight was delayed and I called the hotel to let them know that I would be arriving at 11PM (not at 5PM as originally planned). I was told that my room would be available as scheduled. When I arrived to the hotel, the front desk representative told me point blank that the hotel was overbooked and if I wanted a place to stay, I should go to the Residence Inn one block away. This is downtown/inner harbor Baltimore close to midnight. I walked with my luggage to the Residence Inn where I encountered a disturbing scene, with a crowd that that wasn't very G-rated to put it not so bluntly. At the Residence Inn, I found bed-bugs and I have pictures to prove it. Altogether a nightmare due to the incompetence of the Hampton Inn. I will never use it again. This has never ever happened to me.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

2 Thank Pedro D
Dear Pedro D,

Thank you for responding to my email from Monday about this issue. Again I sincerely apologize that we were not able to honor your reservation at our hotel. As I mentioned, I am currently investigating this incident and have found that it is a little more complicated than it looks on the surface. Regardless of why this occurred the experience you had is unacceptable and for that, again I apologize. We work hard not to relocate guests, and will work even harder to provide a better resolution on those rare occasion we do.

I have forwarded your email to the General Manager at the Residence Inn and he will to reach out to you about the issues that you experienced at his hotel. Prior to relocating to Baltimore last August, I stayed at the Residence Inn with my family several times and found it to be a very nice, quality hotel so I have had no reason to be concerned about it. If I did have any concern I certainly would not allow our staff to relocate guest there or recommend the property.

Mr. Di Pietro, I understand that this situation was very upsetting to you especially considering the hassles that you had with your travel from the west coast. I am truly sorry that you were inconvenienced by this situation when all you wanted to do was relax.

I look forward to speaking with you in person.

William Hartman