“Great Location, nice stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Columbus, Ohio
“Great Location, nice stay”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

As another reviewer pointed out, this is a regular Hampton. The location is great. Very close to Inner Harbor and all of the Charm City Circulator lines. A reasonable walk to Federal Hill. The staff I saw was friendly, breakfast was fine, room was reasonable size for a city. There is a small pool and fitness center in the basement--one treadmill, one elliptical, and a couple of other things. The bed was pretty uncomfortable, which was the only negative.

If I were in the area for a few nights, I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear ncprof,

Please do stay with us again and reach out to me directly for your reservation!

As part of the Hilton family of hotels and Hampton chain, we are very proud of our Hampton Inn and Suites. Built in the historic US F&G Building, a Baltimore cornerstone since 1906, we are just 2 1/2 blocks from the Inner Harbor.

The team works hard to provide attentive and friendly service; we appreciate your kind words.

We look forward to having you back.

William Hartmann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
Hernando, Mississippi, USA
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Great location for baseball, football games and to walk around the inner harbor area. The lobby and breakfast area is very nice and the front desk service was friendly and efficient. The rooms are normal Hampton rooms so no complaints. The only negative is the fitness facility which is too small for a hotel of this size and there appears to be plenty of space on the LL to expand. One each of elliptical, treadmill, bike and weight machine, however the room was no more than 12x12 which is very tight. Additionally, it had a odor like cat litter. Overall, the hotel was fine and if in Baltimore again I would consider this hotel.

Stayed April 2014
Dear B P ,

As a senior contributor, we appreciate you taking the time to share and your overall positive experience.

We are very proud of our hotel, team and location in Charm City!

The hotel is always improving and looking for ways to enhance the guest experience, Your notes about the fitness center will definitely be shared with the team.

We look forward to having you back here in Charm City and with us.

Do not hesitate to reach our directly if I can help with your next reservation.

William Hartmann
North Haledon, United States
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The hotel had a real nice lobby and the staff was very friendly but the beds were terrible to sleep on and the rooms and halls could use updating. All in all a good stay for the price. We were two blocks from Baltimore inner harbor so it's a great location if you are coming with your family because you are within walking distance from the Aquarium and all the restaraunts

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Matt B,

Thank you for your positive comments about our staff, hotel and location.

Charm City has so many wonderful attractions. The Inner Harbor has great restaurants, attractions and shopping. We are very lucky to be so close.

Please join us again and reach out to me directly for your next reservation.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I arrived to Baltimore by the light rail train from Washington DC called the hotel and requested a taxi. None was called and none came. In the city with the highest crime rate in the US, I had walk one mile in wind and snow with my family and suitcase. I received no assistance from the clueless hotel staff.

We check-in to a fairly nice room. After 30 minutes we are still freezing from our miserable walk and discover the heater does not work. The hotel front desk person "Jamaal" says that we can send up a repairman. This is completely unacceptable. Why should a hotel even make this statement when there are plenty of vacant rooms. I have been in the hotel room less than 30 minutes and they expect me and my family to sit there with a repairman. No, that is insulting. The hotel should know which room have a working heater since it under 30 degrees outside.

We transferred to another room. The next room was smaller, dirtier with mattresses that sag in the middle. Gone was the sofa and refrigerator in the other room, but at least the heater worked. It is my belief that front desk clerk, Jamaal, put my family in the worst room he could find. I didn't complain again because the next stop may have been the basement. However this was not what I paid for or what I was promised when I reserved the room.

If you do stay here be careful. There are two abandoned building nearby and plenty of homeless. However, the homeless were more friendly than the hotel staff.

I have been to many Hampton Inns and never had a bad experience until now.

Room Tip: A tip to choose a good room: Find another hotel.
4 Thank dv83
Dear dv83,

Please accept my apologies for your experience here at our hotel. We work very hard to address any issues that arise in the rooms immediately and perform preventative maintenance; unfortunately, problems do occur.

My direct line here at the hotel is (443) 573-3766. Please reach out to me directly, so we can discuss your stay and experience.

I look forward to speaking with you in person, and welcoming you back as my guest.

McLean, Virginia
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Based on other members reviews of this hotel, my wife and I decided that it must be good. It was, especially when you consider its location, and comparable price to area hotels. The hotel was modern, clean, and well-equipped. The staff was friendly, competent, and available. Towels and bed linens were fresh and clean, pillows were fluffy, the beds slpt well for us, and the HD TV worked well. Breakfast was what you would expect, and maybe a little better than most, with hot eggs, potatoes, and waffles in addition to the usual pastries, toast, cereal, and fruits. One nice thing was that the coffee was above average for most hotels, and it was available all day long - since it was cold and snowy, that was a plus! My only complaints would be: (1) that the ice machine on our floor was not working, so I had to go down a floor - and it was not working. Going back up two floors I finally found working water crystals, (2) the hair dryer in our room did not operate despite my tinkering and attempts to fix it, and (3) the outrageous charge for parking - $35 plus $5 city parking tax. The hotel should advertise these costs, as it off-sets the otherwise comparative cost benefit with other hotels in the area. There are several good pubs and mid-range restaurants close to the Inn, and a variety of great restaurants that deliver to the Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors with window views of Camden Yards and Ravens Stadium.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear allenwilson,

Please reach out to me directly (443) 573-3766 about your stay.

I was very pleased with your positive notes about the hotel and the team, but concerned about your other notes especially the parking. We charge $32.00 per night inclusive of taxes.

I look forward to speaking with you personally, and welcoming you back!

NJ, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Very easy to find. Valet parking was a little pricey but worth it. You have to remember that you are downtown Baltimore and less than two blocks from the harbor. We had an early dinner at the Rusty Scupper which is one of many overlooking the harbor. The staff were very nice and courteous. The complimentary breakfast was everything everyone said it was on line. Great stay!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Dawn H,

Thank you for the wonderful review, and choosing our Hampton Inn and Suites!

The Rusty Scupper is a wonderful restaurant. We're glad you had a moment to enjoy Charm City.

Please join us again and reach out to me directly for your next reservation.

York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel just for a weekend getaway. The location was very convenient to the harbor (within walking distance) and the front desk the staff were very helpful with directions and recommended places to go eat and shop. The reason for the lower rating stemmed from our night. The beds were ridiculously hard and uncomfortable. We also had no heat! The heating system clicked and buzzed all night. I called the desk to complain they sent up a “maintenance” man who looked like someone off the street. His shirt was un-tucked and zipper down. He literally took apart the entire system (mind you at this point it’s almost 10pm my children were trying to sleep) he wanted to go get more tools to “fix” it I opted out of that because of how late it was. Luckily there were extra blankets. What happened to Hampton’s 100% Guarantee??

1 Thank stephanie p
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear stephanie p,

We will definitely use your feedback to help train and educate our team. We did not address your heating issues correctly. I apologize for this.

Please reach out to me directly, so we can discuss your stay in person. My direct line is (443) 573-3766.

I look forward to speaking with you.