“Great hotel for business travel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
San Diego, California
“Great hotel for business travel”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Great hotel for its class. I have stayed here three times while attending an annual conference at the Convention Center. It's within walking distance of the Convention Center and the Inner Harbor. The room is very clean and comfortable, with all the conveniences. The hot breakfast is varied every day, although I only stayed two days each time so I don't know how soon they repeat the offerings, which include combinations of things like: different types of sausages, omelet, French toast, scrambled eggs, home fries, etc., with make-it-yourself waffles always available. Free Ethernet and WiFi are available in the room. The last time I stayed, they have added one more convenience: USB chargers and outlet breakouts in the room. I didn't even have to use the one I packed with me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Wanderer921
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Wanderer921,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor and thank you for your great review. I am glad that our location, our clean comfortable guestrooms and our delicious hot breakfast were all to your liking. I hope that you will contnue to make us your hotel of choice whenever you visit Baltimore.

Please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of any assistance for yoru future travel plans.

William Hartman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Excellent Accommodation. Friendly and helpful staff on arrival, through out the stay and on departure. As ever with Downtown Hotels Car Parking is an issue, space constaraints more often than not, that then knocks on to the price. WiFi, complimentary Breakfast and Location all excellent. Located just far enough away the the Harbor however, just a leisurely stroll away, as are the Sports Stadiums.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reading, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My wife and I have stayed at this Hamptin Inn several times now and will not stay anywhere else in Baltimore Harbor area. The location is incredible. The staff is courteous, knowledgable and professional. The breakfast buffet is First Class. The rooms are spacious and clean. We felt safe, secure, comfortasble and happy our time there. We will be back! Try it out. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Theodore R.,

Wow...thank you for your glowing review or the Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor. I am so glad to hear that we are your first choice for a clean, comfortable place to stay in Baltimore. I will be sure to thank the staff for their professional, well informed and courteous attitudes. Please do visit us again the next time that you are in Baltimore.

Cedartown, Georgia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here for a family vacation during the Christmas holidays. The location was great, and as always, the complimentary breakfast was value added. The staff was very helpful, and the rooms were spacious, clean, and quiet. We were within walking distance of the inner harbor and all of its many attractions. The only down side was the expensive parking, but that's to be expected in the city.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Judy K.,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor over the Christmas holidays. We truly appreciate your business and your kind review. As you mentioned, our location is an ideal starting point for a walking tour of Baltimore, and what better way to start your day than with our delicious complimentary hot breakfast. I am so glad to hear that you found everything with the hotel to be to your liking. Unfortunately being in an urban environment and not having a parking garage the only parking option that we have for our guests is valet parking. While our parking prices are competetive, I do understand that it is an added cost and I do apologize.

Again, thank you for your wonderful review! I hope that if your future travel plans bring you back to Charm City you will consider staying with us again.

Happy travels,

NJ
Reviewed 11 May 2014

As expected for a Hampton Inn. Service, room, breakfast all decent, and as expected for the price; nothing particularly special about the hotel, except that the location makes it extremely convenient for visiting the Inner Harbor, as it is only two blocks away from the center of the Inner Harbor.
We experienced one service issue at the very beginning - despite arriving late (after 5:30pm) we had to wait at least 20 minutes before our room was ready. There was at least one other family waiting for their room as well. Also, we received no "welcoming" information as all, since as location and hours of pool, location and hours of free breakfast, etc.
One plus: the lifeguard at the pool was incredibly attentive to all the children. It was clear she took her job seriously, despite the number of adults in the pool, and I was quite impressed by that.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Itinerary Lady,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor and for providing a review on Trip Advisor. As a Senior Contributor I'm sure that you understand how important reviews can be to other travelers in helping them to make their decisions about where to stay. I am glad to hear that you found the location to be excellent and that in general the hotel met your needs.

I apologize that you had to wait for a room, even though you arrived after our 3:00pm check in time and that you did not receive adequate information about the property and our surrounding area when you did check in. I will certainly look into why this happened.

Thank you also for letting me kno about the lifeguard. I will be certain to thank her for you.

I hope that if your future travel plans bring you back to Baltimore you will consider staying with us again.

S.Burlington, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The hotel was in a great location in the center of the city - close to lots of great attractions. The room was a good size and and very comfortable and the staff was very helpful. I would definitely recommend this Hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ryan L.,

Thank you for giving your reccomendation to our special litlle property. Located in a turn of the century bank building we do have a very unique setting for a Hampton Inn & Suites. I am gad that you found it comfortable and convenient and that the staff took good care of you. I hope that on a future visit to Charm City I will get the chance to say hello and thank you in person.

Travel Safely!

Blandon PA
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This Hampton Inn is at a great location. Close to Inner Harbor, Camden Yards and Lexington Market. The hotel is beautifully decorated and very clean. We had a room in the Atrium and our room was spacious and very quite. Breakfast was different each morning and always full with many choices. The area around the hotel is safe and there is a public parking garage 1 block away on Water Street to park you car. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank snoopy21
Dear Snoopy 21,

I am so happy that a Top Contributor to Trip Advisor speaks so highly of our property. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your gracious review. We are a great location to use as a jumping off point for exploring Baltimore and we are glad that you found our breakfast to be to your liking.

Please do come bacak and stay with us again should your future travel plans bring you back to Baltimore.