“Management responsive to issues”

Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #8 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We had some very noisy folks in the room next to ours. The noise started around 11:00pm. We called the front desk and they sent security quickly. Although it did take three visits by security, they finally quieted down around 11:45pm. I felt the person at the front desk could have handled it a bit better and discussed it with the general manager the next morning. He was very supportive.

This issue aside, we did like our room. It was a suite with two queen beds and a fold-out coach. It was large and clean as was the bathroom. The beds were very comfortable. The couch was not, but that is no surprise.

The hotel is centrally located to the inner harbor and Camden Yards. We felt it was a good value for the price.

I would recommend this hotel despite our issue.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room, but they gave us a room with a connecting door. Ask for a room that does...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chinanomad
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Chinanomad,

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor and for your supportive review. I apologize for the issues that you experienced with noisy neighbors. I am glad that they did comply and quiet down but, I'm sorry that it took three tries to make this happen. With the Inner Harbor so close, from time to time we do get a few guests that really enjoy their visit and bring this excitement back to the hotel with them.

I am glad that despite this incident you still enjoyed your visit and that you found the hotel to be a good value that you would reccomend in the future. As a Top Contributor your opinion and your support are very important to us. I hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Baltimore.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is very typical of the nice quality you can get from the Hampton Inn brand. It is well kept and the staff are helpful and friendly.

Wifi worked well.

Breakfast was plentiful with lots of room to sit and eat. The area did get busy but there seems to be enough seats to accommodate everyone with the turnover that occurs.

Rooms are fairly large for a hotel in a big city. There is a fridge in the room which is a big plus. A/C worked well.

One gripe - the parking company has a monopoly on all the parking. $32 a night is a big price to pay for 1 day of parking!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear pete7919,

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor and for writting a review of our hotel. As a Top Contributor you have seen a lot of hotels and restaurants. I am pleased that you rated us so highly. I am happy that you enjoyed the wifi (which we just upgraded today!), the breakfast and the room. I do apologize for the cost of the Valet Parking. Unfortunately because of the limited supply of parking in Baltimore, it can be a little costly. I hope that you found that the convenience and service helped to make up for the cost.

Thank you again. I hope that if your future travel plans bring you back to Baltimore you will consider staying with us again.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel with my teen daughters. We were very close to the aquarium and inner harbor. It was a few short blocks. There is a subways very close by that is open 24 hours for evening snacks as well. The room had very comfortable beds and the mattresses were being replaced when we checked in. The rooms were clean and updated. Breakfast was really great as well (oatmeal, eggs, cereal, bread items, juice, and coffee). You can get coffee 24 X 7 as well. The room was comfortable, clean and AC unit was not noisy. I would definitely stay there again. I used the valet service to park my car. It takes 20 min for car retrieval so you have to plan accordingly. We checked out and had them hold our bags. You have to get your bags/car by 5PM after check out. You can use a bathroom in the hotel lobby if you need a pit stop before you leave which made checking out and stashing bags a no brainer. There is shopping close by the hotel which made my teens happy. I wish I stayed an extra night, it was that nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sue H,

As a Senior Contributor, your opinions are vey important to us and to the traveling public. Thank you for your wonderful review and thank you in particular for mentioning our excellent staff. I will be sure to share you kind remarks with everyone.

Thank you for bearing with us through the recent mattress replacment! I hope that this was not an inconvenience for you. I am glad that you enjoyed the location, the breakfast, the room and the Valet Parking option. All of these make us a great jumping off point for exploring Baltimore on foot.We hope that you will come back and visit us again should your future travel plans bring you to Baltimore.

Safe journeys!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

My 7 year old son loves staying at the Hampton Inn and wanted to stay at one for his birthday. We decided to make it a trip to Baltimore. My husband called the hotel to tell them that he was coming for his birthday, just only hoping that they would say happy birthday during check in. The staff went beyond that and had a few surprises and balloons waiting for him in our room. All staff that we encountered were extremely friendly. Breakfast in the mornings were delicious (as always with Hampton Inns). The hotel is just a quick 2 block walk to the Harbor, so a great location. Rooms and pool area were very clean. Thank you Hampton Inn for helping to make my sons birthday "the best birthday he ever had."

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear madelyn h,

I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay for your son's birthday. We thank you for spending this special occasion with us and we are honored to have been a part of the "best birthday he ever had" !!! Please do stay with us again whenever you are in Baltimore.

Thank you for your kind review and for your support of our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The hotel is in a great location. Walking distance to the Inner Harbor. Very friendly staff with great transportation options if you don't want to walk. The rooms are spacious and very clean. I will return to this hotel when I am in Baltimore again.

1  Thank jazzingina2012

Dear Jazzingina2012,

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor and for your very nice review of our property. I am glad that you found everything to your liking and that you would return. The team here truly appreciates your support and we hope to see you on your next visit to Baltimore.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Great Classic Hotel. Formerly a bank building. Marble and dark wood. Extremely friendly & helpful staff. Great complimentary breakfast. Great location. Great value for the money - you won't be disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInnerHarbor, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear mamaloveswater,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the hotel to be classic, the staff to be friendly and the breakfast and location both to be great, all adding up to a great value! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your very kind review. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Charm City.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed at the hotel with a group of girlfriends to attend a concert at M&T Bank. The hotel was in a great location, the staff was very friendly and helpful in showing us how to walk to the stadium, where to eat, and where to avoid. Definitely would recommend.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Ashley L.,

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor and for your great review!
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be convenient and our staff to be friendly. I am very happy to see that you would reccomend our hotel. Please come back and see us again on your next visit to Baltimore.