“Take the Heritage Walking Tour!”

Baltimore National Heritage Area
Ranked #36 of 226 things to do in Baltimore
Knoxville, TN
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Take the Heritage Walking Tour!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

As first-time visitors to Baltimore, my husband and I decided to do a walking tour to get the "lay of the land" before venturing out on our own in this historic city. We were indeed "blessed" when our tour guide, Stuart, led us and a handful of other tourists on a great adventure to key landmarks and other attractions that make this city great. The only thing that could have improved the walk was to have had some kind of listening advice. Some of Stuart's interesting historical perspective was lost to the sounds of traffic and building construction noise.

I might also mention that before our arrival in town, we were concerned as to whether it was safe to walk around town, particularly coming back from an Orioles game at Camden Yards to our hotel in the Inner City. The answer is yes, primarily because we were walking with a crowd of other fans. There is a decent visible police presence in the city, which I always appreciate in a town that's strange to me.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Powellpair

• Korean first
Kent, Ohio
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A Wealth of Information”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I stopped in the Visitor Center while being in town for the first time on business and was impressed with all the information I was able to get, see, hear, and walk away with. The staff greeted me when I arrived and guided me to all of my destinations pamphlets and more. They really were a wealth of information on Do's and Don'ts in the area and saved me valuable time so I got the most of my down time. I would recommend visitors stopping in for guidance here. You get only so much on the internet here you get experience from locals.

Visited October 2013
NY, NY
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 166 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

A very big and spacious place to start a visit. We got lots of information here. The staff was all very helpful and friendly.

Visited December 2013
Illinois
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“no help at all”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I went to enquire about boat rides and the staff once they got around to noticing me was more interested in getting me out of there than helping. I learned more from a news crew filming there than from the staff. Had I of listened to these folks I wouldn't even have gotten a ride on the water taxi. Wanted to see Ft McHenry and when I asked about seeing from the water I got a lecture on not going out there. Good place to pick up brochures and use the bathroom

Visited October 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Kudos to Baltimore”
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

This Visitor Center was in a good location, easy to find. I went there mainly to get a ticket for a trolley ride the nest day. The woman who assisted me was friendly and helpful. The next day when I returned for my tour I had a conversation with a gentleman who also is a volunteer there. He told me about some of his favorite places to visit. There are plenty of brochures advertising those places and others. And, there are clean bathrooms!

Visited September 2013