“not to be missed”

Miss Shirley's
Ranked #12 of 2,016 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Balti
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
central PA
“not to be missed”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I am always a little cautious when a place gets great reviews because I fear it will not meet my expectations. I didn't have to worry about that here. I intended to order something I read raves about in several reviews but my passion for biscuits and grits stopped me at the top of the first page of the menu - all that great food available and I ordered grits (made with marscapone and bacon) and a side of sweet potato biscuits. Both were fantastic, the biscuits were good enough that I would go well out of my way for those alone. My husband loved the white chocolate raspberry pancakes. Service and atmosphere were also very good. Prices were a bit high but not more than what you would spend for breakfast at your hotel. Don't wait until the last day of your vacation to stop here, you will want to eat here more than once.

• Visited November 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Westerville, Ohio
“Huge and delicious!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stuffed coconut French toast was amazing and delicious! Serving was huge and could have easily been shared. My husband enjoyed the cinnamon roll French toast and it was made with 3 whole huge cinnamon rolls. We were on carb overload by the time we were finished! The menu has lots of unique choices.

Nyc
“Thoroughly Enjoyable-Love the Variety & Creativity”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

I had French toast stuffed with cream cheese and coconut flakes, with caramelized bananas, fresh strawberry topping, coconut flakes, powdered sugar toppings. Let me say I love the creativity, and it was good! Thoroughly enjoyed it. I must point out that the sides of the bread was a little stale else I would have given my experience top ratings. I sat outside so the ambience was not great as you know there is no view and it was chilly. Service by Juliana was excellent. She was fast, prompt, and took care of special requests well but could have offered more coffee refills since it was chilly out. The wait on a Saturday am for two was about 20 minutes. It was worth the wait the first time, not sure I'd do it again. Would definitely dine here again. There were lox of cool choices. Didn't like the coffee too much it was strong or bold like Starbucks.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“So good, we went twice!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I almost wish that we were in Baltimore longer so we could have gone to Miss Shirley's a third time. I just finished my leftovers from yesterday, and they were just as good. We went for breakfast Monday, and I had the delicious Southern Slammer. It was on fresh, soft pumpernickel bread. A perfectly cooked fried green tomato, bacon, and egg were piled on. One of the best breakfasts, I have ever had! The second day we went for lunch, and I had the crab cake BLT, which was HUGE, hence I took half home. My fiance loved the cinnamon roll french toast, which was decadent! Their coffee is also TOP NOTCH! The service was efficient and friendly, and the food came out in a timely manner.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Awesome food, would definitely return”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I had their stuffed french toast and it was wonderful! I can't wait to come back here again -- they had so many good things on the menu. It was hard to choose!

Visited August 2013