“So-So”

Miss Shirley's
Ranked #12 of 2,016 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Balti
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Antonio, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So-So”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Ate here twice due to location. Service was okay despite some policies that are not particularly customer service focused. The food on day one was not great. Poached eggs were overdone and had way too much vinegar in the water. The bench style seating was a little too tight and we were elbow to elbow with other parties. The second visit we were sat at a table by itself. Much improved experience.

The environment here came across as if we were lucky to be allowed to eat here vs. feeling like a valued, appreciated customer. Prices were also a little high for the food received. $4.99 for a side order of bacon is the highest I have ever seen. Probably won't return for a third visit.

• Visited November 2013
BaltimoreJen, Public Relations Manager at Miss Shirley's, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your disappointing past experiences with us. At Miss Shirley’s Café, we understand how important first impressions are; therefore we make sure that all of our staff greets every guest with a smile and the warm Southern hospitality we are known for. We always strive to provide our guests with inventive food that is consistently delicious at all of our locations and we apologize that this was not the case. If you ever have an issue with your meal, please seek out a manager so that we can fix the problem immediately. We value your decision to dine with us and we hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Warren, New Jersey
“Delicious Brunch at Miss Shirley's”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Great menu- really different! Excellent service! I loved the grits and the fried green tomatoes... Really everything looked so good! Would definitely go there again.

central PA
“not to be missed”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I am always a little cautious when a place gets great reviews because I fear it will not meet my expectations. I didn't have to worry about that here. I intended to order something I read raves about in several reviews but my passion for biscuits and grits stopped me at the top of the first page of the menu - all that great food available and I ordered grits (made with marscapone and bacon) and a side of sweet potato biscuits. Both were fantastic, the biscuits were good enough that I would go well out of my way for those alone. My husband loved the white chocolate raspberry pancakes. Service and atmosphere were also very good. Prices were a bit high but not more than what you would spend for breakfast at your hotel. Don't wait until the last day of your vacation to stop here, you will want to eat here more than once.

Westerville, Ohio
“Huge and delicious!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stuffed coconut French toast was amazing and delicious! Serving was huge and could have easily been shared. My husband enjoyed the cinnamon roll French toast and it was made with 3 whole huge cinnamon rolls. We were on carb overload by the time we were finished! The menu has lots of unique choices.

• Visited October 2013
Nyc
“Thoroughly Enjoyable-Love the Variety & Creativity”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

I had French toast stuffed with cream cheese and coconut flakes, with caramelized bananas, fresh strawberry topping, coconut flakes, powdered sugar toppings. Let me say I love the creativity, and it was good! Thoroughly enjoyed it. I must point out that the sides of the bread was a little stale else I would have given my experience top ratings. I sat outside so the ambience was not great as you know there is no view and it was chilly. Service by Juliana was excellent. She was fast, prompt, and took care of special requests well but could have offered more coffee refills since it was chilly out. The wait on a Saturday am for two was about 20 minutes. It was worth the wait the first time, not sure I'd do it again. Would definitely dine here again. There were lox of cool choices. Didn't like the coffee too much it was strong or bold like Starbucks.

• Visited October 2013