“What a burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Loco Hombre - CLOSED

Loco Hombre
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Baltimore, MD
“What a burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Alonzo's is famous for sandwiches, particularly burgers. My burger was so big, Ihurt my mouth trying to get the burger in it. The pain was worth it. delicious. It was a good happy hour and a great beer list. Nice, casual, with good bar food.

Visited June 2013

“Great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

My Dad, Brother, and I love this restaurant. We always get the nachos, which are amazing. My dad gets the hamburger which is good, and my brother gets the buffulo wings. I recommend the servers Ingrid and Liz.

Notre Dame, IN
“Bad service and bad karma”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Where do I begin? First of all, I despise going to place and spending my money where the people serving you act as though they are doing you a favor by waiting on you. But that being said, I would prefer at least to have a neutral server rather than a server who hardly speaks to you or has a scowl and zero response whenever you speak to her. The karma was very negative.

The service was just plain horrible. We ordered a Diet Coke, and when it came out it was visibly flat. One sip confirmed this, and when we asked the waitress for something else, she didn't say a word. She just took the soda and walked away and returned with an iced tea. She plopped it on the table and walked away saying nothing. My water was never refilled once by our waitress during our lunch, and I finally had asked the maître d' to do so.

I ordered a hamburger with cheddar cheese and asked for it to be cooked medium. It arrived blackened with brown american cheese on top. It was charcoaled and crunchy on the outside, and I broke off a piece to see if it was slightly pink in the middle. It was not - it was extremely well cooked. I tasted a small piece of it and it tasted like burnt charcoal. I told the waitress about the problem, and she looked at me and said, "Did you even look at it?" What a preposterous question. I felt like saying that no I didn't look at it, I sensed it by divine inspiration. Of course I looked at it, and tasted it. The proper response in such a situation is to say I apologize and I will have one ordered for you and prepared as you requested. You don't question the customer when the food is obviously burnt to a crisp. She took it away and then walked over to the maître d', and I could tell that she was complaining about my request. I tried not to get angry, but I got up and went over to them and said that not only did I look at it, but I tasted it and it was burnt. She told me that she knew and that she was getting me another one and then shooed me away from their discussion. I don't know what we did to make her so negative, but I'm pretty sure we did nothing (unless you consider asking to be served nicely to be rude behavior). The maître d' brought out the new cheeseburger which was cooked properly but still had the wrong cheese on it. At this point, of course I didn't say anything else. The last thing I'll say is that at no time did our server refill our drinks or ask if we ever needed anything else. When we did flag her down and ask for things like ketchup and mayonnaise, she brought it over after which we said thank you. She would say nothing and walk away.

She was so negative that I felt like asking her if we had done anything to upset her. But I decided to let it go and just leave and never come back.

1 Thank Fritz T
“Disaster”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We arrived at Alonso's when it was a bit busy but didn't have to wait for a table. We sat on the Loco Hombre side. Sat down at 7:20 pm. Ordered, food didn't arrive until 8:10 pm. Service was mediocre at best. We talked to the manager at 8:10 pm to explain we requested french fries from the hamburger order to come out first and the answer was no the kitchen was too busy. The seltzers and Pepsi were flat; we asked our server to share that information. She comes back and says, "It isn't flat, it's the syrup mixture." We looked at one another astounded at such an unusual response. When our food arrived at 8:10 am, the fajitas, rice and hamburger were cold/tepid. The chorizo mac n' cheese was hot. No one from management came to check on our table after we had voiced our concerns about the slowness of service. During the 50 minute wait, the server checked on our table ONCE. As we left, I stopped to speak to the same manager to say it was a terrible meal and that we were shocked that no one came to check on our table after we had voiced concerns. I was assertive and not rude. Suddenly the "head manager" comes out of nowhere and blames US for the lack of communication. Never have we been blamed as the customer for slow service, poor management response, and poor food. Alonso's/Loco Hombre used to be really fun with good food and service. It is terrible. Don't go.

• Visited February 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good burgers, terrible service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

The burgers are pretty good. There is a large assortment of beers, but we waited at least 15 minutes only to be told they were out of both beers we ordered. My friend then asked for wine and it was served in a dirty glass - eww. Our food took quite a long time to come out. Really not worth it.

Visited December 2013