“A real Polish flair”

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broadway
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We loved this friendly local Fells Point eatery not too far from the water with it's pierogi's (espe cially the potato stuffed). You can have a fun time and a good reasonable meal at happy hour. They even have take out for a snack later. We will miss the good lunches too.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We have been to the Ze Mean Bean many times over the past 6 or 7 years, but the last visit was extremely disappointing. The drinks were terrible ( white sangria with only canteloupe? Yuck) the food was actually brought out to us burnt to a crisp. We just looked at it and asked the waiter whether anyone would generally eat it that way. He said- probably not and left it! When he returned we asked for another dish (we were going to a play and did not want to wait much longer) he suggested soup which took another 20 minutes to appear! In addition- the bill was wrong and the burnt food was still included. WE will think twice before re-visiting. There are too many other choices in the area.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Sunday brunch today was disappointing. I ordered the spinach, feta, mushroom omelet. The fillings were fine, but the omelet itself reminded me of a premade,perfectly circular,not light & fluffy,omelet It also arrived at the table lukewarm. I had to ask for butter for my toast. My husband's bowl of cabbage & bacon with a fried egg on top was barely enough for him to eat. It was $9.The jazz trio were great, but we won't be back.

1  Thank teawench
Reviewed 1 April 2013

In all honestly, I've only been here for brunch BUT it is FABULOUS for BRUNCH! They have live music (3 piece jazz), cozy atmosphere, amazing food... I've lived in downtown for 10 years and it's in my top 3 go to places for brunch... can be romantic, fun with friends or family - everything to everyone... MUST try!

1  Thank FrannieFran
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I have gone to Ze Mean Bean since it was open.There are few places that I feel so relaxed at than this place.A lot of the food offerings are eastern European.If you are cruising around Fells point this is a nice place to sit and relax.

1  Thank Surrfred