“Incredible, Authentic Italian Cuisine”
Review of La Scala

La Scala
Reserve with OpenTable
La Scala is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 2,219 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Little Italy
Cross street: S. Central/Exeter
Transit: We offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from all downtown hotels.
Description: Chef owned and operated Italian casual fine dining restaurant located in historic Little Italy. Home of Baltimore's only indoor bocce ball court. We offer a complimentary shuttle to the surrounding area and in walking distance to Harbor East, Inner Harbor and Fells Point.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Located in Little Italy in the Inner Harbor, quaint and popular. A little dressier than casual, and a little pricier too. The staff was a little pretentious and presumptuous. But, the food was quite delicious.

Chesley P, Owner at La Scala, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Rebecca, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy you truly enjoyed your meal with us as well as revel in the atmosphere of the location as well. We hope to see you again soon! Take care.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were really looking forward to Italian food, sadly we were pretty disappointed. My husbands mussels were delicious, my "house salad" consisted of lettuce and Bermuda onion with lots of oregano and some olive oil and two olives. Small and really disappointing. Then the wait for the main course....we were told that the kitchen was backed up due to a large party upstairs, and we waited. Finally asked for some more bread. Main course arrived and the disappointment continued. My husbands risotto had barely any mushrooms and only 2 small shrimp, basically a $30 plate of rice. I ordered the chicken special which was described as chicken breast stuffed with prosciutto and cheese with a creamy red sauce. I couldn't find the cheese and the sauce was a cold gloppy mess. Truly one of the worst dishes I have every received in a restaurant.

I give credit to the waitstaff who were very attentive, and appreciated the gesture of complimentary limoncello after the meal. However the food was so disappointing I doubt we will ever return.

1  Thank Andrea S
Chesley P, Owner at La Scala, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Andrea, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are very disappointed to learn of your most recent experience with us and sincerely apologize for the dishes that you received as your meal. We do have our own twist on a house salad that we know does not appease with everyone, but we also always try our very best to serve top-notch, homemade Italian cuisine. We hope that you will reconsider and visit us again to get a true La Scala experience. Take care.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I had our anniversary dinner at LaScala and would definitely return. The food was delicious andcwe lived our friendly waiter!

Chesley P, Owner at La Scala, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Maria, first and foremost- Happy Anniversary! We are so happy you decided to celebrate such a great occasion with us and are even more thrilled that you truly enjoyed everything about your experience. Thank you so much for the amazing review. We can't wait for your next visit with us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great food and service! Went there for my boyfriends birthday had the grilled caesar the antipasto and veal with gnocci. Was very good. Wine selection was excellent also.

Chesley P, Owner at La Scala, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Kristin, thank you for the wonderful review! We are thrilled you decided to celebrate your boyfriend's birthday with us and truly enjoyed the entire experience. It is so great to hear you enjoyed our veal with gnocci and antipasto. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I did a search of Italian restaurants that offered gluten free options then called to verify they could accomodate me...I felt safe, and had the best penne pomodoro and pomodori-freschi. When the garlic bread arrived for my husband they saw the look on my disappointed gluten free face and quickly delivered some delicious beans with garlic oil...such a nice touch.. The food, wine, and atmosphere was so perfect...we came back on our second night before attending the Red Sox game. Friendly bar tender, servers, concierge...what more could you ask for in Little Italy!!! We would fly from Boston jist for dinner!

Chesley P, Manager at La Scala, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Wow, thank you so much for the amazing review, Debra! It was more than our pleasure to ensure that your dinner was gluten free and that you were able to thoroughly enjoy your dinner without any worry. We are so happy that you not only found our dishes delectable, you received such excellent service from our employees as well that you just had to come back for a second visit. We appreciate the kind words and cannot wait to see you the next time you are in Baltimore. Take care!

Been to La Scala? Share your experiences!