“Good food, fun atmosphere”
Review of Sascha's 527

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Had a great dinner here on our way to a show at Center Stage. Sascha's was recommended by a person on the Charm City Circulator who saw us looking at a map. So glad they did. My husband and I both had the lobster bisque and it was wonderful....BIG chunks of lobster and great taste. We opted for the smaller versions of the shrimp and grits, and finished with the carrot cake. Entrée was great, cake was a little dry, but tasty. Our server was friendly and helpful, and we were thrilled to be eating in one of the places where the film Diner was made...we are big fans. We would return if ever in the area again !

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Generally nice, above average experience. Would recommend to friends. Conveniently located near Mount Vernon Square.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I used to go Sascha's quite often before moving out from Baltimore, and I used to enjoy each visit every time. So it was an exiting for me to go back last week when returned to Baltimore for few days.
Although the place is still very enjoyable, and trendy, with a great ambience, I was disappointed with the quality of the food service that we received. Although the waiter was kind he was lacking in his timing skills. Our (party of 2) 3 appetizers were quite delayed, and when they were ready though, our main courses were served all together with appetizers. I should admit though because of the look in my face he did ask if I would like to have main course to be held (?)

Appetizers (Mini Bison Burgers, Crab Cake Sliders, and Jerk Chicken Satay) were O.K., nothing extraordinary. The fish Entrées that we got were not so good; they were simply overly done. With that dissapointment we skip the desert. (Although the restaurant wasn't packed, they were very slow picking up the emty plates).

I hope this was just a fluke, and not a permanent status quoi. It was a much better place. Perhaps it might be a good idea to remind the server in what order the food should be served now on when placing the order in this restaurant.

Over all now it is nice, trendy average restaurant.

1  Thank ac c
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I hadn't been to Sascha's for a few years so took the opportunity of a discount coupon to try it again. The big disappointment was the calimari which was really tough, we couldn't finish it and later thought we should have returned it. The crab sliders were okay, but the best part of the meal was the dessert, a very tasty cake. Overall not a good esperience.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We went to Sascha's because of the interesting menu provided for restaurant week. It's location on Charles St. 1/2 block south of the Washington Memorial plaza is easy to get to. Inside , the ceilings are 20 or 30 feet, interesting artwork abounds and the whole effect is great.
The menu is eclectic, but approachable. Every item made me want to try it. For 1st course we had the asparagus salad with duck prosciutto and the short rib with jicama-orange slaw, and I was disappointed that we didn't get 4 different things because I wanted to try everything. For the 2nd course we had the filet, the salmon, the gnocchi and the pork chop. Each has such a long list of interesting and inventive ingredients and accompaniments that you would be better off reading their menu on line than me trying to describe them here. They were all very good. For dessert we had the Italian budino pudding, the carrot cake and the chocolate mousse, all very enjoyable.
The menu changes frequently according to the waitress, but there is always a filet, some pork, a vegetarian entree, salmon and chicken. I put 5 points for value since we were there on the restaurant week for the $30 dinner menu, it is more expensive regularly- but not crazily so.
We intermittently watch the cooking competition shows and think it would be great to have inventive chefs in Baltimore. Well we do, at Sascha's. Each choice was interesting, inventive and enjoyable. We will go back.