“Good, but Not as Good as the Owings Mills Location”
Review of Egyptian Pizza - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Egyptian Pizza
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The bottom line up front is that this location offers good food for cheap, but you kinda get what you pay for. The Owings Mills location is better, but this place will probably get you the Egyptian pizza fix you want.

I would frequent Egyptian Pizza's Owings Mills location, when I used to live there. Always loved their food. Everything was very fresh and delicious. The atmosphere was also very unique and service was usually good. Now that I live closer to the Baltimore location, I decided to give it a try. The place looks nice on the outside, but the inside looks old and a little run down. The open kitchen design kind of adds to the gross factor, since it's not very attractive. Most restaurants with open kitchens have a staff that are clean looking in uniforms, so it didnt help that this open kitchen had two cooks in the kitchen in random casual dirty old t-shirts that they probably wear just for work. It also didnt help that the one cook was staring at my wife the entire time we sat there. It bothered my wife enough that she considered saying something, but decided to stay quiet out of fear of what would go in her food as a result. This is not the feeling you want when you go to a restaurant.

There was only one other table of guests there when we arrive for an early dinner, but it still took a little while to get service and it also took a little while to pay the tab at the end. The food itself was pretty good, although I remember the Owings Mills location food looking better. It may have been the serving dishes. The Owings Mills location used ceramic white plates that adds to the asthetics of the food being served, where this location used cheap plastic plates.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

The place looks like it needs a good interior update. Our server was sweet but I overall I was taken back by the low standards of the staff. Besides our server the staff were dressed too causal, like wearing a hoodie while serving. One guy arrived to work in a random blue t-shirt, opened hoodie and skater pants. Okay nothing wrong with that but I thought he would have at least changed before starting his shift to all black which is what I guess is the dress code. Nope, just went behind the computer and helped guest as they arrived. Yes he was friendly but I feel when the staff visually appear like they don't care and that seems acceptable then how serious does the restaurant owner take his business.

When we sat ourselves at first the server said sorry you can't sit there, they didn't clean the table yet. Okay no issue but when we moved the girl didn't go back and clean the table. Long and short is the place is not well kept.

We ordered pizzas, Hawaiian and Sunset Boulevard. They weren't impressive. The Sunset Boulevard said it came with Mango salsa, it didn't. Actually not sure what it was, tasted like curry sauce. The food wasn't the worst but after seeing how messing the staff looked and the place it's self, I felt uncomfortable eating my food.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

This is not a fancy restaurant but homey and the food is prepared well and delivered by friendly staff. Meals are well seasoned and just fun to eat. I have had most of the middle eastern staples and they are all good. Despite the name, I have never had their pizza but it looked good at the tables next to us.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Egyptian Pizza has the lightest crust I've ever tasted. The Astoria pizza was delicious and the marinated grilled eggplant really complimented the other ingredients.

1  Thank lovinthelocs
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Some restaurants you like to go back to even though they are not near where you live. Egyptian Pizza is such a place. The pizzas are unique and great tasting. We always order something with spinach and lamb and are not disappointed. Enjoy!