“Surprisingly Good”

Neighbourhood: Mount Vernon
Atlanta, Georgia
“Surprisingly Good”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We had a great evening at George's. It had a quiet relaxed feel, prompt & professional service and the different menu items we ordered were really good.

• Visited October 2013

Baltimore
“Food Makes Up For The Few Imperfections...”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

After our wedding on Saturday afternoon, my husband and I needed a decent restaurant to accommodate our small party of 20 friends and family. I called George's a few days before this to to make the reservation.

The wedding ended earlier than we expected, so I called the restaurant to let them know we would be a half hour early. They said this was no problem.

Upon arriving, the waitress tried seating the entire party at separate tables (5 to be exact), spread out all of the restaurant. Obviously this was not going to work for us. After a short deliberation, we were told we could push all the tables together so we could all eat together. Clearly this should've been done first, but definitely not worth getting mad over.

After we settled in, the waitress took our drink order, and although she forgot a few things, we were off to having a good time. She was a very friendly server even though it did take longer than expected to get drinks.

We ordered appetizers and entrees at the same time and our waitress did a very good job making sure that everything was timed perfectly. We never once I felt rushed which is what we were going for.

I especially enjoyed my seafood pasta entree and crab dip appetizer. Everything was cooked perfectly and it was definitely one of the better meals I've had in a Mt. Vernon restaurant.

No one else had any complaints about the food either and plates were bare by the end of the meal indicating everyone had a good meal.

Some of the staff (food runners) seemed incredibly rude when they brought stuff to the table, but for the most part we were all lost in our own worlds of a joyous occasion to really notice. If this is something that would offend you, I would recommend not eating here. Not sure what all the attitude was about.. LOL!

A lot of things can go wrong on a wedding day and although this reception wasn't perfect, it's not worth getting angry over a few minor details. But the tables should've already been put together and the staff should've been more friendly.

I would definitely go back for the food and just hope and pray that the service gets better.

Hope this review helps everyone.

J.R.

• Visited September 2013
nanticoke pa.
“very happy happy hour”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

didnt eat in the resturaunt but in the bar area for happy hour. i had the wings which were very good. the bar does get very crowded and it's not a very big bar. after the 1st visit the next day the bartender knew what i was going to order. (natty boh )

• Visited September 2013
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Walk carefully on the cobblestone streets!”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Easy to walk to and walk around. Beautiful square in a park-like area with places to sit and admire views.

Visited August 2013
Ohio
“Great Mt. Vernon restaurant”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Every time I stay at the Wyndham Peabody Court hotel I am delighted that they have such a good restaurant on-site. The prices are very reasonable and they also offer reasonable prices for kids. Alicia is such a great part of the wait staff and we always look for her when we eat there. I enjoy their lighter fare salads with seafood. And the weekly comfort food specials (barbecue chicken!) are yummy. I looked around for other places to eat within walking distance of the hotel and the Peabody Institute, and always end up back at George's.

• Visited July 2013