“Can't beat the crab cakes”
Review of Faidley Seafood

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Israel
“Can't beat the crab cakes”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

First, the neighborhood is less than desirable. Second, its stand-up dining. When you get past that, however, the food is great and I found the company at my counter entertaining as well. I was disappointed that when they took my order for a crab cake that they didn't offer me a platter to go with it- I was a bit hungry after having eaten the solo giant crab cake. Whatever... Not sure if I would return...

• Visited November 2013

Leesburg, Virginia
“Divey place, amazing crab cakes.”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is definitely a dive but the crab cakes are outrageously excellent! We walked from our hotel and were a little taken aback by the interior. But the crab cakes were so good we went back for seconds. Service is just ok.

Visited October 2013
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“No Better Way to Start Your Baltimore Experience”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Oysters are huge! Seriously HUGE! The 1st time we went, we ordered a dozen each and they just looked at us like we were crazy. Guess what? We were. Now we order one dozen to split.

When you walk into the Lexington Market where Faidley's is located don't let the set up scare you off. There are tables to stand at, but you order your oysters at a station set up in the middle. When you want a crabcake which, trust me on this, you will want, you go stand in line over to the right and they'll serve it up on a cafeteria tray.

We start with the oysters at the stand up station and then finish with what in my belief IS the best crabcake in Baltimore. Note that they limit you to two beers and only if you order food, which is never a problem with us. They have Natty Bo on tap and Heineken in the can.

All in all, I love this place. It is always where I start my visit to Baltimore.

• Visited November 2013
Houston, Texas
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I visited from out of state. The locals told me about this place but didn't give me the whole story. There are so many places that have great service and great food. I had several questions but the lady (who I later found out was the OWNER) talked to me through one of her employees as if I were speaking Mandarin. The service level was well beneath the food quality (which was ok) that is overpriced and therefore ruined the whole experience. I was so disappointed. I was careful not to stoop to the level that she handled me. I kept a smile, purchased the crab cake and Faidley's will NEVER have me (and my green $$$) as a patron ever again. By the way, I don't paying for the best when it IS actually the best.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank aSouthernSweetheart
New York City, New York
“Awesome crab cakes!”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Yes I have to agree with everyone else the crab cakes here are awesome. Huge chunks of jumbo lump crab meat with almost no filler that tastes amazing. If you are in town and like crab cakes this place is for you.

• Visited October 2013