“Best crabcake in crabcake town!!!”
Review of Faidley Seafood

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Best crabcake in crabcake town!!!”
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Everywhere in Baltimore every restaurant claims to have the best crabcake. I'm here to tell you that Faidley's is the best.
Here's my rankings:
1) Faidley's
2) My wife's
3) Timbuktu
4) G&M
5) Jimmie's in Dundalk

Towson, Maryland
“THEY CHANGED THE CRABCAKE RECIPE!!”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is a Baltimore institution. Since 1886 people have been coming in to Faidley's to enjoy the best crabcakes around. Sadly this institution has gone by the wayside. I have eaten at Faidley's many times and I lived in Baltimore for over 23 years. I went there today and found that the CRABCAKE RECIPE HAS CHANGED. I KNOW because I just stopped in 2 months ago for a crabcake and it was the one I remembered and loved. The one I had today was no where near the original. As I walked away contemplating what I just spend $14 for a woman tapped me on my shoulder and asked if I enjoyed my crabcake. Before I could even respond she told me how dissapointed she was and that she ALSO noticed that the recipe was not the same. Not cool Faidley's--to change a recipe that Baltimore residents have supported for many years is just not cool This is the first of many reviews I will post at every site possible to get the word out. No one should be fooled like I was today. I won't return unless I hear the receipe is the way they have been making them for years. Baltimore deserves better!!!!

• Visited March 2014
13 Thank Kdmspecial
“THE BEST CRAB YOU WILL EVER HAVE IN YOUR LIFE!!!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Come to Faidley Seafood, get a crab cake!! Your taste buds will thank you for it! If you don't you are surely missing out!!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!!!

1 Thank Alexcia H
Brooklyn NY
“Frightfest in March....”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were on the way to Maryland Live Casino and of course we just had to have crab cakes. We were headed to Koko Pub but they were actually closed for business on March 1st(Saturday) when we arrived. So we googled and Faidleys came up.
Unlike Koko's, Faidleys is located the in the Lexington Market in "hood" of Downtown. Now being from NYC I am use to congestion of both cars and people however the difference is that in Baltimore it had no purpose. People were just lounging in the corners in bunches with nowhere to go and not a bus stop in sight. It looked dangerous.
Street parking was a disaster so I parked at the adjacent pay for lot. Walked over to the Market encountering various zombies on the way. Finally at the Market entrance and Oh my.
The Lexington Market was packed with people. Most were enjoying the food but others were just waiting for an opportunity.... My mom went right to the restroom and when she came back said " "People are doping in the bathroom." WOW. That didn't stop me from what i came for.
HEAVEN.... the Crab Cake was Ahhhmazingggg. The mac n cheese, coleslaw and fries were perfectly seasoned side dishes. I loved it....
Would I venture to Faidleys again? Hell yes. I'm parking in the lot.... getting my food, and returning to the car to eat it in relaxation.... So go ahead, don't miss out. Please note location closes at 5PM.

• Visited March 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Best crabcakes, worst ambiance ever”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The food was amazing, I've try the jumbo crabcakes, it was the best I ever eat! It's just crab meat, no filling, for $14.

But the ambiance, my god...

• Visited February 2014