“Worth the cost” 4 of 5 bubbles

Neighbourhood: Downtown
Toronto, Canada
“Worth the cost”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I'm a true believer that to find authentic food, you've got to look past most of the commercializations out there. Faidleys lives up to that reputation; once you've sifted your way through the hood of Baltimore to find this gem tucked away in Lexington Market, your seafood cravings will be answered. My girlfriend was both fortunate and unfortunate to have her first taste of lump crab here; great taste will be tough to beat elsewhere.

I enjoy the standing tables instead of actual seats; not really a perfect place if you're looking for a sit down meal but a super place for a snack, or to enjoy a weekend lunch.

2 Thank JoshR85

Doha, Qatar
“Best crab cakes around.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Okay, understand, this review is about the crab cakes--not the location or the local characters (although I think this is part of the experience). While the location of Faidley's is "authentically downtown," the quality of the food is worth experiencing the location.

These simply are the best crab cakes you will ever have. No filler, no fluff--just crab. I am hooked. The service was fast and friendly. The price was reasonable and the sides were generously proportioned. Delicious from beginning to finger-licking end.

Be prepared to stand and eat your meal if you eat at Faidley's. After you're finished, go check out the market. You can even pick up some dessert if you aren't totally stuffed.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Best crabcake in crabcake town!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Everywhere in Baltimore every restaurant claims to have the best crabcake. I'm here to tell you that Faidley's is the best.
Here's my rankings:
1) Faidley's
2) My wife's
3) Timbuktu
4) G&M
5) Jimmie's in Dundalk

Towson, Maryland
“THEY CHANGED THE CRABCAKE RECIPE!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is a Baltimore institution. Since 1886 people have been coming in to Faidley's to enjoy the best crabcakes around. Sadly this institution has gone by the wayside. I have eaten at Faidley's many times and I lived in Baltimore for over 23 years. I went there today and found that the CRABCAKE RECIPE HAS CHANGED. I KNOW because I just stopped in 2 months ago for a crabcake and it was the one I remembered and loved. The one I had today was no where near the original. As I walked away contemplating what I just spend $14 for a woman tapped me on my shoulder and asked if I enjoyed my crabcake. Before I could even respond she told me how dissapointed she was and that she ALSO noticed that the recipe was not the same. Not cool Faidley's--to change a recipe that Baltimore residents have supported for many years is just not cool This is the first of many reviews I will post at every site possible to get the word out. No one should be fooled like I was today. I won't return unless I hear the receipe is the way they have been making them for years. Baltimore deserves better!!!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank Kdmspecial
“THE BEST CRAB YOU WILL EVER HAVE IN YOUR LIFE!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Come to Faidley Seafood, get a crab cake!! Your taste buds will thank you for it! If you don't you are surely missing out!!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!!!

1 Thank Alexcia H