“Neighborhood Sports Bar” 4 of 5 bubbles

Tavern on the Hill
Ranked #213 of 1,983 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Baltimore, Maryland
“Neighborhood Sports Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

My boyfriend and I were looking for a new place to eat one weekend after seeing a movie at the Charles. We weren't looking to spend a lot and wanted a nice bar to go to. Lo and behold we stumbled upon this place (well not really I had a friend who ate here last winter). Thank goodness we went! This is literally up the street from us and just the place we were looking for. I am a transplant from Fells Point where there are tons of bars to choose from, so being in Mt. Vernon it has been a little more difficult finding good sports bars. We were here on a Sunday. The inside wasn't crowded and were served immediately. The bar was clean and the staff friendly. They even had great music from all genres and eras. We both had burgers and they were delicious! The portion was a nice size and it tasted pretty damn good! My boyfriend really enjoyed the flavor of his burger (a spicy chipotle something or other- I'm bad with remembering orders :/ ). And the onion ring on my BBQ burger was a nice touch. We will definitely be back again for sure!

• Visited June 2014

Texas
“Nice surprise right around the corner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We rented a house near here during our recent stay in Baltimore. We needed a place nearby to eat one night and gave Tavern on the Hill a try. We were glad we did! Our waitress, I believe her name was Danielle, was great. The food was very good as well. I got a bacon cheeseburger with their delicious hand cut fries. It was pretty big and I was stuffed! :) My son got fish and chips and loved it. My husband got the club sandwich and said it was very good. My daughter got the pancakes. They looked delicious! Three big pancakes with fruit. She said they were great.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
toronto
“So i never ate here however...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Literally this is one of the best bars i have ever been too!
The people here are AMAZING! The owner is super friendly (Jeff) and the bartender (Ed)
is so gracious and attentive. I watched the last game of the world series here and we partied all night!
They converted me to a vodka drinker which i never thought i would be!
We were just passing through, i wish we had a couple more nights here i would have spent them at this place!
I made friends with almost everyone in this bar- and they told me the food was delicious! The neighbourhood is also very safe!

When i left they gave me a care package of cake! lol
it was soooooo good! If you are around this bar you should definitely stop in and have a drink or a bite to eat!!
Try the bootlegger vodka! ITS TO DIE FOR!! Tastes like water!!

• Visited October 2013
Maryland
“Neighborhood Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

We were headed elsewhere when we walked past this undiscovered gem. From the outside it looked cozy and inviting. We walked in and were greeted in such a friendly and welcoming manor, but in no way pushy. The beer was delicious and unique. The bourbon selection extensive and the pulled pork divine. We will be back.

• Visited November 2013