“Friendly and comfortable”

Wilson House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 11 Baltimore B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Enjoyed our stay very much! We had the master suite which was incredibly spacious. Bed was comfortable, we slept great with no disturbance from the nearby traffic. (it seems that has been an issue in other reviews) Breakfast was plentiful, tasty, and the owner and staff were welcoming and friendly. The wifi wasn't very strong in our room though, it would have been nice to have a good strong signal. My sister and I like to tweet about our daily adventures when we're on holiday! If you want a quieter and very comfortable place to stay then this is for you!

Room Tip: The master suite is two flights up, and the stairs might be difficult for some people.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Julie W
Guy T, Owner at Wilson House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Although I'm sorry the Internet signal wasn't very strong in your room, I'm relieved to hear that didn't keep you from enjoying your stay, Julie! Thanks for following up with us after your trip to Baltimore. I hope you'll keep us in mind next time you're headed this way!

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here while moving my daughter out of MICA at the end of term. It is very close to the school and also has plentiful free street parking- hard to find that in Baltimore. My room was spacious and comfortable. A beautiful old home that has been lovingly restored. Guy and Clelia are gracious hosts and her breakfasts were delicious and elegant. Make sure you try her special coffee blend!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank 11SML11
Guy T, Owner at Wilson House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thanks for following up with us after your stay! You have no idea how much Clelia and I appreciate you spreading the word about us. Hope to have you back next time you're in Baltimore!

'Til then,

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Gracious generous host [picked me up to get to the house, then drove me to an excellent restaurant that he recommended. [get him to tell you if you like really good Thai food]

My only caveat is that having a car would make it a lot easier to get around Baltimore. I rated the location as average - only for the carless travellers. More centrally located would be better in that case. Otherwise the location is excellent. Sleep might be a bit disturbed for light sleepers bec. of some noise from nearby expressway. I slept soundly in the excellent room.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank jchapin
Guy T, Owner at Wilson House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thanks for staying with us, and thanks for following up with a recommendation! It was my pleasure to recommend a restaurant to you, and I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed it so much. I hope you'll think of the Wilson House next time you're planning a trip to Baltimore!

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We just ended an overnight stay at the beautiful Wilson House. I can't say enough for the thoughtful accommodations and wonderful hosts. The room was private, cozy and perfect. The bed was very comfortable, right down to the soft sheets and pillows. When we arrived we needed to call a cab to get to our dinner reservations in little Italy, but Guy quickly offered to drive us personally - despite having just returned from an international trip and then shovelling a foot of snow so we could have the best parking spot!
The breakfast was fantastic and we left feeling as if we had been away on a very relaxing trip. Between the storied past of the home and wonderful antiques, I can't say enough for this B&B. It feels more like an Inn to me with loving innkeepers. This is a great find and we hope to go back with friends soon. I am also planning to give this as a gift to my business partner and his wife - they would love it.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kathy T
Guy T, Owner at Wilson House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Great to hear from you again, Kathy! I really appreciate you taking the time to write us such an incredibly thoughtful recommendation. The fact that you're planning on gifting your business partner and his wife with a trip to the Wilson House is just the icing on the cake!

All the best,

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We just got back from Baltimore . This bed and breakfast was a terrific place to stay. Guy and his wife were very friendly and she prepared very healthy and delicious breakfasts. The Wilson House has a lot of history and the rooms were very clean. It is also within a 10 minute walk to the Lite Rail system. I would highly recommend this place. It was wonderful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy B
Guy T, Owner at Wilson House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thanks for recommending us, Sandy! This is just the kind of feedback we like to hear. Come back and see us again soon!

Best,

Reviewed 15 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at Wilson house in May. While we were there the owners where very nice, accommodating our request for an earlier breakfast as we had an early morning commitment. The room was clean and spacious and the location was very convenient to various Baltimore attractions. Four months after our stay I got an email that they had found a nice camera in the room we had stayed in and they where emailing everyone who had stayed in that room in the last several months. I was so impressed they took the time to go through their records and email everyone! The bigger surprise was that the camera was mine. I actually hadn't used it and didn't even realize it was missing. Thank you Wilson House!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Linda G
Guy T, Owner at Wilson House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

I'm so glad we were able to find the rightful owner of that camera, Linda! Thanks for taking the time to write a review explaining your situation. Guest satisfaction is our top priority, and we believe making sure all lost items are returned is a big part of that. I hope you'll keep us in mind next time you're headed to Baltimore!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I was looking for a hotel in Baltimore on a busy weekend, but couldn't find anything under $400. Then started looking at b&b's and found the Wilson House. I was lucky enough to get the last room they had for the needed nights. My girlfriend and I were def lucky. Clelia was super helpful, and super friendly before and when we arrived. The rooms were very clean and comfortable . If needed a place to stay again in Baltimore then Wilson House would be top of the list of places to stay for us.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

We top your list of places to stay in Baltimore? Can't ask for a much better compliment than that! Thanks for recommending us on TripAdvisor. I know Celia will appreciate your review as much as I do!

Until next time,