We visit Baltimore every summer for a ball game at Camden Yards. We usually stay at the bigger name hotels close to the ballpark but decided for a change this year. Glad we did! We arrived earlier than expected (11:30) and planned for lunch hoping the rooms would be available around 2:00 - since game time was 4:00. The front desk said the rooms would most likely be ready by 1:30. You know how those promises typically go! Actually when we got back from lunch, a bit after 1:30, room #1 was ready. Once the desk manager knew we were in town for the game she was able to find us a second room not much later. All in all, a pleasant surprise, given it was a Saturday and there were a large number of people checking-in and out. "A+" to the front desk staff!
The rooms were clean and just fine for our overnight. Each had a nice kitchenette area which would be great for an extended stay. Rm 714, is at the front of the hotel looking onto Light St. You get the typical city noises but nothing extreme. Other family stayed in Rm 307, which is in the back right corner of the hotel. There is a lively bar scene close to the hotel and on Saturday night a live band was performing. Rm 307 didn't get as much sleep as they wanted.
Breakfast the next morning was very good. The staff in the breakfast room were outstanding. "A+" too them as well! The breakfast selection was a step above what other hotels might offer as a complementary breakfast; scrambled eggs, sausage, potato pancakes, and your usual assortment of cereals, yogurts, waffles, muffins, toast...
As for parking, the hotel will valet but it isn't necessary because a parking garage is directly across the street. We paid $20 ( I believe that is the daily maximum rate) for our overnight.
Good location and an easy walk to the Harbor, Camden Yards and a bit further to Little Italy, but doable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor is Baltimore, Maryland's premier, downtown all-suite hotel. Our hotel's Inner Harbor Baltimore, MD location is perfect for travelers visiting the city for work or leisure. We offer 188 studio, one, and two-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens and spacious living and dinning areas. Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor is the ideal choice among Baltimore hotels near Inner Harbor for guests visiting for a day, a week, a month, or longer. Located in the heart of Baltimore, business travelers can walk to nearly any office in the city, and we are just steps away from the Baltimore Convention Center and the Baltimore Courthouse. Leisure guests can walk two blocks to Baltimore’s famed Inner Harbor to visit the US Constellation or the multitude of shops and restaurants on the waterfront. Our hotel is situated perfectly for you to experience all of the best that Baltimore has to offer. If you are a sports enthusiasts, you may want to pre-game at our 17 Light on-site restaurant and lounge. Our guests love the fact that Oriole Park at Camden Yards is close by, and M&T Bank Stadium and the First Mariner Arena are within walking distance of our accommodations. Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/ Inner Harbor is an excellent choice if you are planning a meeting or a group event as well. Our hotel has 1,100 square feet of meeting space, which can accommodate fully catered events for up to 80 people. Should you want to eat at our hotel, our on-site restaurant and lounge is open for lunch and dinner, and for room service during limited hours. Our restaurant also features happy hour specials Monday through Friday. We invite you to come replenish in our hotel after a long day of meetings or touring “Charm City”, and enjoy American Cuisine as well as some Baltimore favorites too. Kick back, relax, and enjoy a beer, glass of wine, or your favorite cocktail before taking the elevator home to your room. Come experience 17 Light Restaurant & Lounge and stay in our Baltimore accommodations! We offer easy access to Baltimore’s top medical facilities, and Johns Hopkins Hospital and University centers provide our guests with complimentary shuttle service to and from our hotel. The University of Maryland Medical Center and Mercy Hospital are also convenient to our accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore
- Residence Inn Baltimore Downtown
- Baltimore Residence Inn