“Run far & fast”
Review of Midtown Inn

Midtown Inn
Ranked #55 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately I got stuck with this hotel through hotwire.com. The only reason I stayed at this hotel was because it was a good price for one night and conveniently located to downtown inner Harbor. The staff was very warm and friendly. However, this hotel was very filthy. The only thing clean in the room was the sheets on the bed. The bathroom was not clean. There were little hair behind and under the toilet seat. The shower was brown and not clean at all. There was trash in the room from the previous guest. There was some type of chalky white spots on the night stand which was also not clean. My biggest problem was that there was NO A/C CONTROL UNIT IN THE ROOM & it's July. All that was given was a fan. There is only four channels on the tv (i.e: news, usa, a&e, bet). The bed was very small it was somewhere between a twin size and a full. They do have complimentary wifi. They say they have a continental breakfast but it looks nothing like how it looks on there online page. They had like 3 pieces of toast sitting out and some stail cereal. The whole time I was there if was praying that they didn't have bed bugs and if they did I was praying not to bring them home with me. In the future I will neverrrrrrr stay there ever again. Book at your own risk. You have been warned !!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank TimeTravel101

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was the dirtiest hotel I have ever visited. The room smelled, sheets were questionable, shower was dirty, hall ways smelled. My son has allergies, after 1 hour we almost had to visit the local ER. Yes, we requested a nonsmoking room. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS ESTABLISHMENT TO ANYONE. Even the staff at a local eatery said the hotel was not a place to leave your car. The neighborhood seemed questionable. I did not feel safe in the short time I stayed in the room. We left and went to another establishment !!! (and paid less $$$$). They also did not have elevators

Room Tip: RUN..... dont stay here !!!!!!!!!!!! THe entire building is dirty and smells. The neighborhood is sc...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank joanke
Reviewed 13 April 2014

As a consultant, I travel to Baltimore at least 4 times a year. I find this place very female executives friendly. The front desk folks were very friendly.

I recommend this place to other business travelers.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Michelle K
Reviewed 11 January 2014

It was cheap and useful for me (I was going to the Peabody Conservatory, which is really close). Basic accommodation, poor breakfast, the bathroom was not really clean. The staff is not friendly at all. The heating didn't work well, I had two freezing nights. The hotel doesn't have elevator! Was terrible to lift all my baggage to the room.

It is a 100% No Smoking hotel. Bad detail: The nearest guest was smoking, and the hotel staff thought that I was who was smoking, and they burst into my room looking for smoking evidence treating me like a criminal.

If you are looking for one-night cheap sleeping, it is ok.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank caagredaa
rodewayinnmd, Front Office Manager at Midtown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

We are sorry that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. We use comments from guests like you to make any necessary corrections or adjustments. I apologize for any incident in reference to smoking in a room but I have brought your comment to the attention of all employees and been informed the NO ONE burst into your room with any accusations of smoking.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

This was basically an add on to a Travelocity reservation. I paid about $15/night including tax. I was willing to put up with everything "dirty" the other reviews had mentioned because of its great location and cheap price. But in the end this place is unsafe. I was on the 4th floor without an elevator, worried about it being a fire trap both nights I was there, and then, to really support my fears, power went out on my floor at 5 a.m. of my last day there. I got ready as fast as I could and checked out.

The railings and banisters to the stairs are super wobbly, the place smells interesting - not bad, but not neutral, there was no heat in my room. Heat was provided by a space heater plugged into the wall, which was probably what blew the electricity my last morning.

Please, listen, it may be cheap, but IT'S NOT WORTH IT! PAY THE EXTRA $100 FOR A 2-NIGHT STAY AND STAY IN A SAFER PLACE. I should have and regretted it because I was constantly worrying.

Room Tip: Do not use this hotel. It is unsafe.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank MT D
rodewayinnmd, Front Office Manager at Midtown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

We are sorry that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. We use comments like yours to make necessary improvements. We would like to have another chance. Thank you

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Did this online. Never again daytime front clerk guy was nasty room was filthy mold in shower big draft coming from broken window frame. No heat no coffe pot dirt and grim on bathroom floor. Cigarette burns on carpet tv wan on pieces of wood to hold it up gross gross gross

• Stayed: November 2013
4  Thank karatekat22000
rodewayinnmd, Front Office Manager at Midtown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are sorry that our hotel di not meet your expectations. We will use your comments to make necessary changes to make guest stay more pleasant.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I had booked a room for 3 nights, stayed 2 and then went elsewhere for my third night. The nicest thing I can say is that they allowed me to cancel my reservation for the 3rd night (and the person at the desk was very accommodating when I crawled up to the desk in the early morning hours to very frustratingly check out and go in search of another hotel).

I was a little disconcerted when I checked in and there is a disclaimer that absolutely no refunds will be given after you check in.... that should definitely serve as an indication that they have some problems!

1. My room was on the first floor, and I could not stay asleep. The windows have very little sound insulation and they rattle continuously and EXTREMELY loudly any time a large vehicle (or loud car) drives past or idles at the stop light outside your room. In addition, there is very little sound insulation between your room at the hall, so every time someone used the ice machine it was also extremely loud.

2. When I checked in, 3 of the 5 lights in the room did not work, making the room very dark. I figured I would not be spending too much time in the room, so I did not complain.

3. There was trash left in the room (used tissues) on the floor by my window.

4. The windows don't open and there is very poor air circulation. When I arrived the room was warm and damp and this is in mid-october.

5. There are large patches on the wall that appear to have been damaged / repaired, but not painted over.

6. The bed was extremely uncomfortable..... although referring to point 1, I wouldn't have gotten much sleep anyway.

If you don't care about sleeping, try out this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floors may be a little bit quieter, if you're lucky enough to get one and can h...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Sarah W
rodewayinnmd, Front Office Manager at Midtown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

We are extremely sorry that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. We will use your comments to make the necessary corrections to improve the quality of visits. We want you back as our guest and ask that you give us another chance. Please contact the hotel directly to discuss further incentives.